Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Trafford Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Nov 2014, 17:05

Great performance! Great result!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Nov 2014, 19:41

Can't remember Matt Sargeant having a save to make, whereas their 'ringer' keeper made two world class stops !!! In the end a comfortable three points......oh and who's got the best defence in the league?

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 22 Nov 2014, 20:54

A thoroughly professional performance today from the lads. Really love the 3 5 2 which becomes 532 when we are 2-0 up ! It offers stability in the middle with 3 centre backs and 3 centre midfielders, with Kristian and Azza the licence and space down the flanks to use their pace and pressure when trying to win the ball back without having to worry too much about what's going on behind them.

I agree Matt Sargent had nothing really to do, I like the way we were patient knowing eventually we would score and didn't panic, Kristians goal was quality, from start to finish. Top job from everyone from HTFC.

Onwards and upwards !

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Nov 2014, 20:58

Great result. As mentioned, don't recall Sarge really having to do anything other than a routine save. Defence looked really solid today back in the 3-5-2 formation.

No traffic problems up the M6, great pub nearby with brilliant food, and fantastic ale. A good old singalong, and three points with every player playing their part. Kristian Green was outstanding I thought even without his very well taken first goal. The guys fitness up and down that line was unbelievable. It would be wrong to mention individuals in a really good team effort but I though Forde was very good in the middle.

The players acknowledged our vocal encouragement at the end and we all went home happy. A good following of Yeltzmen and women today, hopefully the crowds home and away will continue to grow as this team deserve it.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Nov 2014, 20:59

Kristen Green stands out week in week out, for me. No disrespect to any other player in our squad.

The man is a machine and one of the reasons that enables us to play the 352 effectively.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 23 Nov 2014, 08:16

Got to give both wing backs a lot of credit. Although Asa was a good player, the upturn in form has coincided with Griff playing. And, when he gets it right his dead ball delivery is tremendous! The one he put on Joe's head (great save by the keeper) was a brilliant delivery!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Nov 2014, 10:43

Johnny Bud wrote:Got to give both wing backs a lot of credit. Although Asa was a good player, the upturn in form has coincided with Griff playing. And, when he gets it right his dead ball delivery is tremendous! The one he put on Joe's head (great save by the keeper) was a brilliant delivery!
I agree completely, for the wing back system to work effectively it needs two athletic, mobile, versatile players that can defend well and get forward well. Kristian and Aaron are both doing a great job.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ