Blyth Replay

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Replay

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Nov 2014, 08:13

Not a weak link, anywhere!
A really entertaining game and a thoroughly deserved win.
I really do wonder what the team have to do to get more bodies through the gate. A low attendance for a game that, on paper, was going to be a cracker - and so it proved on the pitch.
I suspect that if ever we had a great cup run the "I've been a fan for years" brigade would be wanting to get onto the glory trail.
Sign of the times, I suppose. ::)
Well done to the team and management .

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 19 Nov 2014, 08:31

Agree with most of the comments. It is always a good sign when half time comes in a flash and that was one of the best nil nils we have watched for a while. I thought they were a very good side and the fact that they always looked quick and dangerous up front meant we could never relax or be sure of the result. Fantastic commitment and skill by all our team and management and thanks for a great game.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Nov 2014, 12:16

lutleyyeltz wrote:Not a weak link, anywhere!
A really entertaining game and a thoroughly deserved win.
I really do wonder what the team have to do to get more bodies through the gate. A low attendance for a game that, on paper, was going to be a cracker - and so it proved on the pitch.
Agreed; a really solid performance and a well-merited win.

I think cup matches are always going to be an issue for clubs these days, especially earlier rounds or a replay where it's obviously not scheduled until the outcome of the first match. Also, generally the FA Cup gates are down for clubs unless it's a non-league club hosting a league club. Live TV football will inevitably always take some away as well.

Let's hope we can get through to the First Round proper when the Conference teams join in.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Nov 2014, 13:30

YeltzDoc wrote:Brilliant. The money will come in handy too.

Bring on our old "friends" from The Moat.
I hope any winnings will be invested into John's budget. I wonder what happened to the money we received from a half decent FA Cup run? Shame that hasn't (or at least doesn't appear to have) gone to John Hill.
I really do wonder what the team have to do to get more bodies through the gate.
I don't think £10 for a night cup game is the most inviting price, is it? Although I understand why the prices aren't lowered - as the income pot has to be shared with the opposition. I also understand that there's no guarantee of an increase in attendance if prices are lowered.

But are the club doing enough to encourage more people to attend the match out side of social media? I know Guesty and Rob do a brilliant job over Facebook and Twitter and their hard work is appreciated, but this will only attract so many.

I'm aware advertising and work outside of social media costs money, and it's not guaranteed to work but maybe this is where we can get an increase in attendances.

The support is there, over 768 on non-league day earlier this year and only 270 last night, that's an indicator of what can be achieved.

Obvious other factors include the England national side being on the tv and of course the weather. The 'missing fans' (from non-league day) I guess are floating fans, and were faced with a choice last night;

Pay £10, a lot of money to some, stand in the cold or stay in the warmth and watch England for free. To some 'part time fans', that's not a difficult choice is it?

A difficult one.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 19 Nov 2014, 16:42

Two wins in the FA Cup doesn't get you much im afraid. Not sure how much you think we got? Especially when you share gate receipts, thus after taking into the account costs of referee's/ travel expenditure and other items.

Also, in regards to the £10. It has to be pre-agreed between the two clubs. Even if it was lowered there is the case that you only have the Sunday and Monday to advertise it.

Advertising away from Social Media doesn't have to cost money, its the bodies of people and the time it takes for those volunteers to do the tasks which most non league clubs fail to attract and is difficult to do. I advertise on social media as its in the constraints of what I can do in my spare time.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Nov 2014, 20:15

I believe it was £7500 we got from the FA cup, with last nights win taking us £5950 so far from the Trophy, and another £4,000 if we get through the next round.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Nov 2014, 20:42

YeltzDoc wrote:Super-quick match report from Blyth.

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=11773

Well, I suppose you have to do something on the drive back.
I suppose you can't expect an away reporter to get names right.
Thomson Brown put ball across for Ben to score and Tonks corner was when Joe scored.

Interesting he said they still put out a strong team. Shows me how much of a journey our players have come thus far this season.

The good defending he referred to again perhaps a tad poetic as Lait's shot hit the defender on the derry air looking at the video highlights.

Halesowen deserved the win tonight. The work rate and attempts on goal I can not remember this season having so many. Was nervous that we had not made all the 74 minutes effort result in a goal. You always think the opposition could nick one.

Well done all. Good to see Kev Barry back.

Well done to all who came from Blyth and there local supporters. Good luck in the FA Cup and the league until we play you again.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 19 Nov 2014, 20:54

Simons wrote:I believe it was £7500 we got from the FA cup, with last nights win taking us £5950 so far from the Trophy, and another £4,000 if we get through the next round.
The amounts look about right right to me, but back to the original point, the likelihood is that the playing budget for the season would have probably assumed a level of prize money when setting the amount of money available to John.

Based on previous experience, we would have assumed that we would reach FA 3Q and FAT 2Q and that anything further in the competitions would be to the good and that anything less would have to be made up from either money being raised from elsewhere, or by budget cuts if the FA competition was not realized.

in other words, we probably worked on the assumption that a certain amount of prize money happened and had to cut things if results did not go our way.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 19 Nov 2014, 22:07