Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Replay

Post by andy » 18 Nov 2014, 21:36

Well deserved 2-0 win.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Nov 2014, 21:37

Brilliant. The money will come in handy too.

Bring on our old "friends" from The Moat.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Nov 2014, 22:14

YeltzDoc wrote:I'm the Ikechi Anya of forum updates.

Fast but sh*t.
Haha- that's classic! Nice one, Doc.

Anyway, good result tonight. Had a horrible sinking feeling when time started dragging by and we'd missed some good chances in the first half. Credit the lads though- they kept plugging away, and the result was fully deserved.

Thought their keeper was a bit of a toerag though, and am wondering whether the Yeltz TV boys caught a couple of incidents of downright naughtiness. FC United fans are blaming him for injury to their main goalscorer a few weeks ago- I can maybe see why now.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 18 Nov 2014, 22:46

Super-quick match report from Blyth.

http://blythspartansafc.co.uk/new_php/?p=11773

Well, I suppose you have to do something on the drive back.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Nov 2014, 23:03

I was a little surprised to see us start 4-4-2 after the recent good results and performances using 4-5-1 and then 3-5-2 but we created plenty chances and with a little more luck should have been a couple of goals up by half time, the goal line clearance in particular was great defending. I was equally as surprised to see us go 3-5-2 in the second half with Lait and Aaron as wing backs and Green as a right sided CB. I thought strangely it helped to lift them and they came into the game more. The substitutions made a big difference and the dribble and cross by Thompson-Brown was perfect for Ben to guide home for goal 101. The second goal was a typical Joe Hull header. With us not committing so many men forward for the corner I think it gave Joe a better opportunity to go and attack the ball from fellow sub Tonksy's perfectly flighted corner.

I thought we've played better this season in truth, but John again showed the flexibility and trust he has in his squad by mixing it up again to get a result. The result was always the most important thing and hopefully the spies from Gresley will go away a little worried for the next round.

Well done to those that could be bothered to fork out their hard earned money instead of watching the millionaires on the tv. See you at Trafford on Saturday...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 18 Nov 2014, 23:08

Nice one Rob ! Does anyone know the attendance tonight ?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Nov 2014, 23:18

dazzlingdazza wrote:Nice one Rob ! Does anyone know the attendance tonight ?
270. With 10 from Cannock/Stoke/Coventry
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 18 Nov 2014, 23:21

I thought this was an entertaining game to be honest. Unlucky not to be 2-0 at HT due to the goal line clearances and good goalkeeping from their man. We did see him tumble of RTB towards the end of the game and was a bit cheeky too. Nothing major springs to mind though.

We expect our videos to be uploaded roughly 6 ish tomorrow evening, although could be delays with college/school commitments which we hope you understand. We also had an interview with Steve Wilson, the BBC commentator on his thoughts on tonights game, and the Blyth team in general, including their FA Cup tie. Was great to chat with him and we thank him immensity for his time, he didn't have to help us, he didn't even have to reply to our message, so huge respect to him for that.

We noticed a couple of issues with lighting, as someone must have forgotten to put a pound in the meter as a minute or so into the interview the lights dimmed massively. I'll be able to brighten the footage a little, but at least we have the audio! Top bloke, hope you all enjoy this weeks videos.

...we'll see you at Trafford... ;)
Yeltz TV

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 19 Nov 2014, 00:40

Wow...well what can I say?! Great night and a superb performance overall. In a way it's somewhat more pleasing to see as I'm not always being able to get to every game only seeing the team every few weeks we seem to get better and better every time I see us play.

It was a stark contrast to the home game against Blyth at back at the end of August earlier in the season where I seem to remember being disappointed about our performance being very flat and questioning our style of play and lack of creativity as well as our general ability to get forward and break teams down...

Fast forward nearly 3 months later and it's a completely different story. We were straight at it from the off and Ben was immense all the way through, best game I've seen him play in a long time. He's looking more like his old self, sure his refound goal touch has helped his confidence as he struggled for goals earlier in the season.

To be fair, Blyth look rather jaded. I'm sure the long journey down on a Tuesday hasn't helped and their impressive FA Cup run must be taking its toll but take nothing away from our players tonight, they battled for every ball tonight, harassing, breaking up the play and playing some nice football at every opportunity.

We should have been out of sight at half time, and when they started coming back into it in the second half I thought it may be a big opportunity about to be missed, especially with the possibility of extra time looming, but we got our just deserveds in the end with a well taken Ben goal from a pinpoint RTB cross, and the second from a 'trademark' Joe Hull bullet header!

Great win, very pleased overall, on to the next round...up the Yeltz!!