Ramsbottom Updates - MATCH ON!

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Updates - MATCH ON!

Post by wednesburystokie » 08 Nov 2014, 21:02

Was that the first time this season we have finished the match with the 11 that started, if not it can't be often its happened.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Nov 2014, 21:47

Excellent performance. There was far more mobility in midfield today which really makes a huge difference and was really pleasing to see. This formation suits us much better in my opinion. Griffiths and Green both were excellent as others have said but I thought Bragoli deserved his MOTM.

Thank you very much to all those who got the pitch ready!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 09 Nov 2014, 00:07

wednesburystokie wrote:Was that the first time this season we have finished the match with the 11 that started, if not it can't be often its happened.
I've never been a big fan of substituting players for the sake of it. I'm a big believer of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it.' As a Villa fan, one thing I used to like about when we had Martin O'Neill as manager was that if we were winning comfortably he wouldn't make changes as he didn't need to, whereas in the modern game there seems to be a tendency because you are allowed 3 subs you HAVE to make 3 subs.

That said, maybe for today's game John Hill had Tuesday's 'irrelevant' Doodson League Cup game in mind so maybe he might rotate the squad for that!

Up the Yeltz!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Nov 2014, 00:39

rubens wrote:358 of us turned up on a horrible day and enjoyed a good game of football considering conditions , we must have the best wing backs outside the football league . Griff and Green were outstanding , but what a great team performance .
Special mention for the chap who was standing on the terraces behind the dugouts , who controlled the ball as it came out of the sky with snow on it , took it on the outside of his right foot without spilling a drop of beer .
That was me ;-)

I reckon I could still do a job in the middle of the midfield, as long as I wasn't expected to run ;-)

Really impressed with today's result! I was a little concerned we wouldn't play today, when I got to the ground just after 12, I didn't think we'd play. The rain stopping certainly helped the merry band of helpers in getting the game on today. As I was there early I was at the tunnel as the Ramsbottom players arrived and they were a very confident bunch shall we say. No surprise given their league form you might argue, but I quietly felt confident of a positive result today after seeing them. I kind of got the impression they felt they only had to turn up today to win and they absolutely got their arses kicked. Even talking to a couple of their fans (as nice as they were) they seemed reluctant to acknowledge their team weren't allowed to play today by our boys who battled valiantly not giving them a minute or a real sniff at goal all game. They seemed to think they were poor today and that is why they lost - A little unkind and certainly not a reflection of the game. We stopped them form playing and imposed ourselves on the game.

As mentioned above, the wing backs were outstanding today, but I agree completely with the choice of Bragoli as man of the match, he was brilliant today and picked up from where he and the team left off from Tuesday at Matlock.

A great win, against a tough side, no complacency please on Tuesday at Newcastle Town!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Nov 2014, 10:56

Fairplay to the ref. At the end of the match when reminded about the offside he gave from a corner kick where video evidence clearly showed 2 defenders behind our players. He came back out and apologised.
Although to a confused Barry not me who had reminded him.

Thanks to those forkers (I was engaged elsewhere) you did a fab job to get the game on ruining your designer footwear at the same time.

Nice to see some away support as well.

Awesome, brilliant and fantastic well done to the players and management. What a performance.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 09 Nov 2014, 17:14

Their view - http://www.rammyunited.co.uk/index.php/ ... ck-country

For those who can't be bothered to click, I can précis it.

"Meh, meh, meh, the big boys bashed us up in the 'depths' of their 'bleak surroundings' ".

Would you like some cheese to go with those sour grapes boys?
Patronising tw@ts. I hope the M6 was shut.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 09 Nov 2014, 18:32

A more balanced and nicely quirky view from a neutral blogger, dug up by L3.

http://stickypalms.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... d.html?m=1

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 09 Nov 2014, 18:59

YeltzDoc wrote:A more balanced and nicely quirky view from a neutral blogger, dug up by L3.

http://stickypalms.blogspot.co.uk/2014/ ... d.html?m=1
Brian Matthew on Radio 2, the only way to start Saturdays......

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Nov 2014, 20:37

Rams report full of big words and "bull s!!t".

The other report has the wrong MOM.

Oh well lets see what there palace is like when we visit.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 09 Nov 2014, 20:46

JohnC wrote:Rams report full of big words and "bull s!!t".

The other report has the wrong MOM
From reading it I got the impression that was who he chose as man of the match, could be wrong though. But personally that's who I would have chose as man of the match myself.