Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Updates - MATCH ON!

Post by Johnny Bud » 08 Nov 2014, 16:51

Full Time: 2.0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Nov 2014, 17:34

Firstly, thanks to all those who worked on the pitch to get the game on - especially Rob!
We dominated from the off. I get the feeling that Ramsbum thought that their league position would get them the points.
Not to be - our lads out fought and out played them. We didn't make a substitution, which speaks volumes for the fitness of the squad!
Bragoli was a deserving MOM and all, once again, played for 90 minutes for the cause. I feel that we have turned a corner and other teams will now be showing us the respect that we deserve.
A thoroughly enjoyable game and a well deserved three points. 8)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Nov 2014, 18:12

Summed up very nicely sir. I think we have beaten a very decent side on a difficult pitch, created a lot and defended well. An enjoyable watch and its starting to look pretty positive for us. We really must stick with 2 up top now, whether or not we play 3 or 4 in midfield and defence. Well done all.
Downside for me today was finding out Westy is really a computer genius, bamboozling me with technical terms all afternoon. I am distraught.....

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 08 Nov 2014, 18:41

358 of us turned up on a horrible day and enjoyed a good game of football considering conditions , we must have the best wing backs outside the football league . Griff and Green were outstanding , but what a great team performance .
Special mention for the chap who was standing on the terraces behind the dugouts , who controlled the ball as it came out of the sky with snow on it , took it on the outside of his right foot without spilling a drop of beer .

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Nov 2014, 18:56

The man of the moment - Rob (AVFCYeltz). 8)
Although a little earlier I did make a fingertip save to flick the ball away to save Mick's good looks!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Nov 2014, 19:26

A well deserved win today against the league's top scorers and we kept them out fairly comfortably. Personally I prefer 3-5-2 to the lone striker as it gives us more options though it gives Green and Griffith's more responsibilities which they carried out really well today. I wasn't really sure if 'Rammy' were a good team but that's testament to us. Good support from their fans today.

I do think in this league that those at the top are not so far ahead of the others. Today Matlock held Skelmersdale and Rushall, on the back of a bad run, comfortably saw off Buxton.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 08 Nov 2014, 20:13

It was good to be back down the Grove today after missing the last couple of home games due to holiday. First of all, full credit to those that worked on the pitch before the game. Our pitch isn't the greatest at the best of times but great job to ensure the game went ahead, although it was fortunate the rain stopped a couple of hours before kick off.

I haven't watched every game this season, nor have I watched us for the past couple of weeks. But we sure have come a hell of a long way since the start of the season and look a completely different team now. That was a great performance today against a side near the top of the league. On today's showing, you would have thought the league positions were the other in the league. For a side who were near the top of the league, I thought they were very disappointing.

We were every bit as good as they were poor, and I honestly think, particularly in the first half, it was the best I've seen us play this season.

I like the look of the 3-5-2 formation, and although I agree with Bragoli as MOTM I also though the wing backs of Green and Griffiths were outstanding.

Overall, a very pleasing performance and a great win!

Up the Yeltz!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 08 Nov 2014, 20:57

Was good to be able to help out with the pitch making sure the game went ahead today, was a monumental effort from all involved. Thought it was important for us to play today to keep up the good form and it proved to be the case with an impressive 2-0 against a side sat in 3rd.

From a personal point of view, we wanted to make sure we were filming today as we have made a lot of improvements and a 2-0 win could possibly make this our best video ever.

I think that the 3-5-2 works brilliantly with Green and Griffiths working relentlessly all game, and today Ramsbottom couldn't seem to handle either of them. Was a tad disappointed with Ben today although he did have a couple of chances, however I thought Iyseden was great. A goal and an assist plus he was able to hold the ball up in the opposition half and play it wide the the on rushing full backs.

Overall an impressive victory on a horrible day, but another 3 points and step up the table. #UpTheYeltz

***PS. The videos will be uploaded tomorrow at roughly 12 and 3 o clock. The first will be the match highlights and the second will be a post match show called The Final Whistle. Make sure to check them both out, and as ever, your support is massively appreciated!
Yeltz TV