Stamford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 19:34

How hard is it to give a stone wall pen?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2014, 19:58

JohnC wrote: I did not see fatigue in our players.

One thing Yeltz 27 in my opinion it was our fitness last season which you say was not there that won us the title. Our lads seemed fitter than the opposition in the latter stages
We are always going to disagree on this

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 20:33

I can see where the argument of tiredness/fitness comes in, especially as we have conceded so many goals late in the half or late in the game. One of the biggest factors of fatigue may not necessarily be physical tiredness but mental tiredness. Concentration, (or lack of it) is often down to tiredness. That said, I think we can counter this argument by saying we've also scored late in games too to rescue a point in the case of Kings Lynn.

Another example was the game against the Coventry City academy players in the Birmingham Senior Cup. These Coventry players remember aren't up at the crack of dawn to go to work but train every day, are monitored closely for their fitness, train in state of the art facilities and have full time medical people dealing with their aches/pains and injuries. Ilkeston another academy team with players in the main under 21, who train every day, and have a full time approach. In both games I thought we were much the stronger (as you would expect) but also in the final 15/20 minutes of the games were on top. Certainly not tired to the extent you would or might expect.

When we play on Tuesdays JH and his coaching team only have one training session to work with the players. I'm not sure how long they train for, maybe a couple of hours at most I should think but I think it's a massive credit to the players how fit they actually are. I know from reading on twitter players like Tom Tonks go to the gym in between training sessions and games and Neil Mackenzie did his own pre-season before starting back at pre-season training. In those two hours they will predict they do some fitness work and some ball work as well as work through any set pieces or tactical plays ready for the game on Saturday. I'm not sure what else the players and management can do in the time allowed to them?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2014, 21:00

AVFCYELTZ wrote:I know from reading on twitter players like Tom Tonks go to the gym in between training sessions and games and Neil Mackenzie did his own pre-season before starting back at pre-season training.
But this is surely to be expected. I take it that it should be a given that this happens whereas you make it sound like it is admirable that they do this

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 21:28

Yeltz27 wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:I know from reading on twitter players like Tom Tonks go to the gym in between training sessions and games and Neil Mackenzie did his own pre-season before starting back at pre-season training.
But this is surely to be expected. I take it that it should be a given that this happens whereas you make it sound like it is admirable that they do this
I don't think it is to be expected. The players get paid to attend training and play games as far as I understand. I'm sure there are other things they could be doing, like spending time with friends and family. Remember they all work full time I would assume all day long, train once/twice a week and play once/twice per week. They aren't exactly paid a fortune by Halesowen Town and I don't think you can argue they don't give you value for their few quid which pretty much only covers expenses for their travel and time.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Oct 2014, 07:09

My two pennies worth. These are players with full time jobs (no excuse I know). But when you have had 10 weeks since the start of the season and for 9 of them you have played Sat-Tues (or Monday) then it must take its toll with one training session also and a limited squad.

We have another three weeks of Sat-Tues football too. I know most of the players go to the gym also and look after themselves as good as possible. Must also be difficult for John Hill to relay tactics into the team with just one training season so fair play to him for changing things the past few weeks.

Out fitness pre-season looked very good and we looked very sharp. Maybe after a very difficult trip at Guiseley and full time Ilkeston we were going to look a bit tired Saturday. We still gave them a very good game, played well and pushed them to the end. (Again another team with a big big budget)

Guesty

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 20 Oct 2014, 07:26

yeltz85 wrote:My two pennies worth. These are players with full time jobs (no excuse I know). But when you have had 10 weeks since the start of the season and for 9 of them you have played Sat-Tues (or Monday) then it must take its toll with one training session also and a limited squad.

We have another three weeks of Sat-Tues football too. I know most of the players go to the gym also and look after themselves as good as possible. Must also be difficult for John Hill to relay tactics into the team with just one training season so fair play to him for changing things the past few weeks.

Out fitness pre-season looked very good and we looked very sharp. Maybe after a very difficult trip at Guiseley and full time Ilkeston we were going to look a bit tired Saturday. We still gave them a very good game, played well and pushed them to the end. (Again another team with a big big budget)

Guesty
I don't even think they look tired, certainly no more tired than our opposition.

Yeltz27 forgets we scored in the 85th min...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Oct 2014, 10:25

Fatigue or lack of fitness is the craziest suggestion I have heard yet. The resilliance of this side is superb. Battle for 90 minutes. We lack a little quality compared to some sides, but fitness?, no way. Saturday was just one of those days, we murdered them.

saddlersandyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by saddlersandyeltz » 20 Oct 2014, 14:03

Totally agree. Thought tactics were spot on - completely dominated the game and Stamford looked second best. If penalty shout had been given we would have won. Only grumble is maybe if Ben and Laity had been brought on a bit earlier we might have had more goals. We're getting there the wins will start coming soon. Thought the support from behind the dugout was great - it's where I stand so can join in!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Oct 2014, 14:57

If there is any doubt as to what lack of fitness and application to the job in hand is all about, ask Gus Poyet at the Mackems and 'arry at QPR.
They have the pleasure(?) of dealing with overpaid, idle ne'r do wells in the alleged best league in the world.
The Yeltz boys could show them a thing or three!