Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 31 Aug 2014, 10:18

JohnC wrote:I also would like to know what was in the Spartons physio's bottle. As a player who lay injured on the ground (no 5) can be revived with a nit inspection and swig of miracle liquid and in seconds be running around again.

The same liquid (no nit inspection) was also used on their no. 10 moments earlier.
I remember one of those incidents, and they came when we were very much on top and were pushing them back to get an equaliser. A nice little tactic to take the rhythm out of our our play. Of course, it can have it's dangers when the player then has to leave the field to return.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Aug 2014, 11:45

That 'offside' call from the corner definitely tops the booking Tonksy received for 'time wasting' up at Marske last year.

Unbelivable officiating.

Do referees receive any training or are they just dragged off the street! ???

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 31 Aug 2014, 17:49

If you would like to see that poor officiating again, it is available to watch on my personal Youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T18yyVJ ... gLxBTlQh1w
#YeltzTV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 31 Aug 2014, 19:57

BBNOW100 wrote:If you would like to see that poor officiating again, it is available to watch on my personal Youtube channel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T18yyVJ ... gLxBTlQh1w
The first rule of refereeing is you only give what you see. If you don't see it, you generally don't give it. That decision is baffling. I've watched the clip probably 15 times to try and see what the linesman could possibly be flagging for and have no idea. Maybe our Dutch ref can shed some light?

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 31 Aug 2014, 20:14

The only players who were on the line indicated (at any time) were Ben and Tom. Given that (a) player cannot be offside when receiving the ball directly from a corner and (b) the offence signalled was offside rather than something else, I am beside myself to understand this.

If Ronnie or another practicing official can cast any light on why this was given, then I will be amazed.

Dutchref, how's the neck mending? You must be itching to dust off your whistle

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 31 Aug 2014, 20:34

I've had someone suggest there were appeals for a handball and that was given but the linesman was clearly signalling offside so I have no idea
#YeltzTV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 31 Aug 2014, 20:41

It definitely wasn't for hand ball, after the free kick/goal kick is taken the referee raises his left arm indicating an indirect free kick and doesn't lower his arm until the ball has been touched by another player. Therefore, it couldn't have been given for hand ball.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 31 Aug 2014, 21:45

Interesting that 5 Blyth players appealed for 'something'. I think they were claiming it was their throw in. Not possible to be offside from a corner and no handball. Was it given for a push?

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2014, 22:27

I did not see any of our players that far back. Other than Tonksy running back from kicking the corner.