Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by dalevillain » 30 Aug 2014, 18:45

Disappointing result today and I think overall a disappointing game. Despite a promising attendance of 440? I think the atmosphere was really flat and we never really got going as a whole.

Whilst I don't think overall we deserved to lose the game; we didn't really deserve to win it either. I think they looked a bit stronger than us and probably had a bit more about them and possibly edged it overall.

Sad to say another disappointing game for Ben up front. Don't quite know whether its a barren spell, a loss of form, confidence or sadly, that's this level is a step too far for him. Hate to think its the latter, if that is the case then I think a new striker could be needed.

But on the positive side, it's our first defeat and it's a long season with plenty of games still to go. Let's keep the faith!

Up the Yeltz!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 30 Aug 2014, 18:49

Not bad again. What is becoming apparent though is in this division you MUST take your chances. Last year we could miss 10 and still score 4 but at this level you don't get many and WILL be hit by the sucker punch.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 30 Aug 2014, 18:58

Having worked hard to get level, we seemed to lose some concentration and shape. As dalevillan says, I don't think we necessarily deserved to win but equally didn't deserve to lose.

We created chances and had some glaring misses, and the keeper made good saves. However on reflection the same could be said for them.

We had long periods where we were well on top followed by shorter spells where we were under significant pressure notably at the end of the first half and their number 9 looked dangerous. Christie played well although Ben seems s bit off the pace at the moment so hopefully he'll soon find his touch again soon. The enforced changes probably didn't help but we played a lot of long balls compared to more recent games.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 30 Aug 2014, 19:10

There is a severe lack of pace in the side. I agree with Dalevillan about Ben, hopefully he can find his feet at this level. Tonks' lack of fitness showed for the last half an hr. This has concerned me for a long time but today I thought it was very evident.

Blyth were stronger and more athletic. I agree we deserved a draw but I suspect there are much quicker sides than them in this division and if the lack of pace isn't addressed soon, we will struggle

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Aug 2014, 19:17

I think if we'd have said pre season our first defeat in this league would come in our 5th game we'd have all taken that. I think what really is apparent is, (as mentioned above) you need to take your chances and today we didn't. Unfortunately, defensively you also need to maintain concentration and once again we switched off just before the end. We worked our gonads off to get the score back to 1-1 and credit to the players for that but you simply can't afford to collectively switch off as we did. It was almost as if they took a collective sigh of relief for getting in the game and whilst we were taking a breather they capitalised
The enforced substitutions due to the injuries didn't help as JH had little to work with in the second half by means of changes but having said that, we were the better side during that second half and had plenty enough chances to score before we did.
Credit also to Blyth, this was the first team I've seen in this league this season where the opposition management didn't try and referee the game. I don't recall a single nasty challenge and I thought they played the game competitively without resorting to gamesmanship. I also thought their No7 and particularly No11 caused us no end of problems. It looked strange that they had two lanky, gangly wide players and a short No9, but it certainly worked for them. Their No11 was excellent I thought.
Hopefully the injuries to Till and Forde aren't too bad (although I'm fairly sure Forde's shoulder came out of it's socket) and we can bounce back strongly on Tuesday night. First defeat in 15, it's time to start another run going. We'll learn lots from this game I'm sure.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 30 Aug 2014, 19:43

Conceded on 44 and 87 shows that we held out well but lost concentration right at the end of each half

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 30 Aug 2014, 20:39

Bit of a strange one today. I thought we should have taken a point against a reasonable side but it wasn't to be. We are on a major learning curve which comes with promotion.

For me, their 11 was the pick, good player who caused us plenty of problems.

As for Ben, as soon as he gets a goal he'll be fine. He just needs one to get going but as a team we do need to be more clinical and mix it a little more. The teams we have played so far all do this and that's the part of learning the new league.

We should have been 2-1 up at half time. Second half felt like one of those do anything but score games and we deserved the leveller. However, too much room given for Blyth's winner, though it was a very good strike.

Across the season, we will play worse and win. I have held the view that 10 points from the first 7-8 games would represent a good start and its still on. No need to panic folks.

Positives for me, put some more faces to names today, you know who you are and along with my partner in crime from the JG, now sponsor our skipper.

Now on to Witton to start another run... Also best wishes to Fordy, hope that you aren't out for too long, looked nasty at the time.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 30 Aug 2014, 23:11

The first set of highlights for the season are now live!

We think there are a few things to work on but with practice and time I'm sure we'll get better. Shame about the result today, but heres the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vij_CoqriKA

If only we'd have won for our first game recording ay
Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2014, 01:39

From what I gather Forde had gone to hospital with his shoulder.

Thanks for the video.

I think a draw would have been a fair result. But we pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and get behind the lads on Tuesday at Witton Albion.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 31 Aug 2014, 09:58

I also would like to know what was in the Spartons physio's bottle. As a player who lay injured on the ground (no 5) can be revived with a nit inspection and swig of miracle liquid and in seconds be running around again.

The same liquid (no nit inspection) was also used on their no. 10 moments earlier.