Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 19 Aug 2014, 21:31

Full time: 1.1

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Aug 2014, 22:35

I thought after we scored (which was a quality goal all round) we were going to run away with it. Their goal couldn't have come at a worse time as we didn't have time to lick our wounds and try and get on top again, instead they finished the first half the brighter with the momentum, which carried on in the 2nd half, in a nut shell I thought we were very lucky to get a point ! Need a win Saturday !

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Aug 2014, 23:01

We missed Iyseden so badly tonight. Really struggled to get a foothold in the game and move the ball up the pitch successfully. In truth, it was a point well gained overall, as Belper had several long periods of pressure. The game against Frickley feels so important already. There'll be a big difference in being possibly unbeaten on 5 points, rather than winless on just 2 points, after these opening three games.

There's plenty of good stuff though. Firstly, the shirts are great and I'm delighted with mine. Well done to those who priced it so reasonably, and I hope the club continue to sell many more throughout the season. Secondly, it's worth crediting those who run the website and twitter for their recent efforts in reporting the break-in. I know it's a solid kick in the knackers for everyone at the club, but the situation appears (to my untrained eye) to have been handled superbly, and it's because of this that the wider non-league community has shown so much support. The twitter account really does so much for the club- certainly one of the best in the league when compared. Lastly, it was a really good turnout tonight and the atmosphere was positive, despite all the goings-on. It's certainly a time to be proud of the club.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Aug 2014, 23:08

Interesting match. I assume Macca is injured as not featuring Sat and only off the bench for a period tonight.

Think the early games of a season are always tight affairs.

WELL done to Sargent for the penalty save, the first I have seen him do. I am concerned and maybe the keeper coach and him know but two punches in two matches followed up shortly with goals for the away team.
Would it be better to try an catch it and the refs seem to give the goal keeper the benefit of doubt if an opposition player looks at them.

Keep going lads and your hard work will be rewarded with 3 points.

Good to see on a cool Tuesday night we had 436 through the turnstiles. Nice to hear some vocal away support.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Aug 2014, 23:58

Thought we really dug in tonight. It's ironic really that if we'd have folded on Saturday and won tonight we'd have been better off for points but I think psychologically, two draws and remaining unbeaten might suit us better in the long term.

They made it bloody hard for us, we knew they'd come and try and referee the game as well as play it, but I thought our premiership linesman refereeing was excellent. He communicated well with the players and took none of the gobshite bullshit from their players and management team. A little like the first 20 minutes at Skelmersdale, we really had to hang on for the first 20 minutes of the second half and Joe Hull lead his defensive line superbly. Asa in particular was really good tonight I thought too.

Although the result was a little disappointing tonight, there is much to build on, with many more positives, John Hill and his coaching team will have learnt much more about his team. Whilst it's important to remember that the many of the players are stepping up to this level of football, the manager is also and is learning quickly. I'm confident our manger will do a superb job given time and I'm really pleased with the start to our season. Much to look forward too!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Aug 2014, 00:47

I thought overall a draw was 'just' about a fair result although possibly maybe Belper maybe ever so slightly edged it!

We scored a great goal as Turner flicked on the volley! Although afterwards we were under the cosh and a great penalty save from Matt Sergeant unfortunately led a minute later to their equaliser. Although I think their linesman was was a clear offside in the run in between.

Second half we again were under a cosh and after a few of their corners which ended with goalmouth scrambles we managed to hang on, and Ben who I thought had a fairly quiet game besides, had a brilliant chance to win it but headed just wide.

But a decent game overall, maybe not the classic of last year at home where we lost 4-3. Don't remind me of the end of the season game away, as sadly I couldn't make it. But still a decent performance!

Up the Yeltz!

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 20 Aug 2014, 09:20

Yes by no means a belter v Belper but good to be back and the first Bovril of the new season consumed. Liked some of the new input from Till and RTB and the attitudes of all the team. 2 teams who played at about the same level as last year but we had a much better ref. Looking forward to a higher standard and less hustle n bussle on Saturday.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Aug 2014, 10:57

Correct, ref was a Mr Andrew Garrett from Walsall

Thought he did very well last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 20 Aug 2014, 15:16

Now I've calmed down from the frustration I'm pleased with a point. They played their obvious referee tactic again, having about four or five men on the officials every time they wanted a decision to go there way, which may have had an influence on the penalty decision. The second half they threw everything at us and kept us pinned in our own box. Every time the ball came out, it came back in again.

Tilt and Hull were fantastic again. Played their usual textbook, solid defensive line, not much got past them. Till and Green made a few dangerous runs on the wing which looked promising, Green lacked the final ball though IMO. Turner was impressive, and played some quality switching balls to the opposite wing, he seemed to create a few openings too. Quality finish as well! Haseley and RTB put themselves about up front but Haseley never looked to threaten the Belper goal except for a point blank header towards the end which really should have at least hit the target.

Too many high balls last night though in the second half, probably out of panic after being kept in our own box for along period, though we looked good on the deck when we actually tried it. Positives to take; we defended well during that 20 minute battering from Belper, played well on the ground, great mid week attendance and unbeaten after 2 games ;D