Skelmersdale

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Skelmersdale

Post by JohnC » 17 Aug 2014, 19:39

Gone through the people I either know by name or site and at least 40 Halesowen there.

Hard to tell as dark under the roof by the club hse and our fans spread themselves all over inc the seats.

But the 8 they refer to made more noise than the 239 skelms.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Aug 2014, 20:40

I love seeing us wrote off. I hope John Hill sees the above comment. It will no doubt prove a nice motivational tool.

I've watched this team near enough every game for just over a year now (wooopy not that long I know...) and they will surprise you. We may find it hard. We may struggle in this league but the hard work, commitment and desire to prove people wrong and to play for one another, the management and fans will drag them through this season.

See defeats to Leek, Coalville and Belper last season then see the return fixtures. That tells you all you need to know about this squad.

I've said it many times and will say it many more. I am damn proud of these players.

Write us off, I prefer it.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Aug 2014, 21:16

skem06 wrote:who was that Jimmy look-a-likey in your dug out, scary looking bloke!!

Think you will struggle in this league to be honest. You are very slow, no imagination, poor passing and just look to hump the ball into the box. You got lucky for the goal, but well done for continuing to try and score. We should have been 3 up by then, your keeper was MOM by a mile for you. I predict a long hard season for you though, prediction 18th.

Looking forward to the return leg, 3-0 to the Skem!!

Good luck.
I love it when we're written off. I certainly wouldn't judge ANY team on 90 minutes of football yet in those few lines you think we're going to struggle. The first 20 minutes aside where you battered us it was a very even game and for an away team, new to the league who apparently are going to struggle I would expect an established team in the division like Skelmersdale United to be able to beat us. Yet you didn't. As one Skem supporter said after the game "Your crap mate".. my response, yes pal, but you failed to beat us.

Keep writing us off please we just love it!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 18 Aug 2014, 20:12

skem06 wrote:who was that Jimmy look-a-likey in your dug out, scary looking bloke!!

Think you will struggle in this league to be honest. You are very slow, no imagination, poor passing and just look to hump the ball into the box. You got lucky for the goal, but well done for continuing to try and score. We should have been 3 up by then, your keeper was MOM by a mile for you. I predict a long hard season for you though, prediction 18th.

Good luck.
As much as people might not like it, I'm afraid that it is difficult not to agree with the part in bold. I thought the same myself for a lot of last season. That is in no way meant to be a criticism of the effort of the players as I agree they always give their all, but quality is a totally different matter

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 18 Aug 2014, 21:56

Yeltz27 wrote:

Good luck.
As much as people might not like it, I'm afraid that it is difficult not to agree with the part in bold. I thought the same myself for a lot of last season. That is in no way meant to be a criticism of the effort of the players as I agree they always give their all, but quality is a totally different matter
Take it you have not been to any pre season matches?

Also bear in mind this was a view of one person which I disagree with we. We may have been slow to start, but we had imagination, passed well and did not just look to hump the ball into the box.

I agree last season at times we did lump the ball too much. However, it is a mixture of play. Nothing wrong with direct occasionally.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 18 Aug 2014, 22:48

Their match report is on their site.

A bit bias IMO.

But the gist is fair enough.

skem06
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by skem06 » 24 Aug 2014, 17:34

You are entitled to your opinion, personally though I think you are wrong like your fellow fan who reckoned we only brought 8 fans ! :)

I thought we were definitely deserving of a point, justice was done in the end as we had a perfectly good goal not given, though our keeper made a few top saves, the goal you scored was calamitous from our point of view, though just one of those things that only happen once or twice a season.

If you watch our goal on the video you will see a superb piece of technical ability, The composure was brilliant even though Bragoli was being closed down, I could personally watch it all day, luck I really don't think so !

I thought the way we kept going like we did last season was credit to us, and though it's difficult to predict where we will finish, as we are new to this league if we are going to finish 18th then you will only finish as high as 17th as there wasn't much between the teams.

Good luck to you too.[/quote]

Think my point is already being proved here? Skem have had two away games, won both without conceding. You have had 2 homes games and dropped 4 points. Dont think we will be 17th!!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 24 Aug 2014, 20:23

skem06 wrote:You are entitled to your opinion, personally though I think you are wrong like your fellow fan who reckoned we only brought 8 fans ! :)

I thought we were definitely deserving of a point, justice was done in the end as we had a perfectly good goal not given, though our keeper made a few top saves, the goal you scored was calamitous from our point of view, though just one of those things that only happen once or twice a season.

If you watch our goal on the video you will see a superb piece of technical ability, The composure was brilliant even though Bragoli was being closed down, I could personally watch it all day, luck I really don't think so !

I thought the way we kept going like we did last season was credit to us, and though it's difficult to predict where we will finish, as we are new to this league if we are going to finish 18th then you will only finish as high as 17th as there wasn't much between the teams.

Good luck to you too.
Think my point is already being proved here? Skem have had two away games, won both without conceding. You have had 2 homes games and dropped 4 points. Dont think we will be 17th!![/quote]

Mate get a grip there's still 43 games to go for god sake !

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2014, 21:15

I forgot the season ends in August.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 24 Aug 2014, 21:46

skem06 wrote:You are entitled to your opinion, personally though I think you are wrong like your fellow fan who reckoned we only brought 8 fans ! :)

Good luck to you too.
Think my point is already being proved here? Skem have had two away games, won both without conceding. You have had 2 homes games and dropped 4 points. Dont think we will be 17th!![/quote]

I don't think anyone suggested you would finish 17th, in fact, it has in fact been noted that our belief is you will be one of the stronger teams in the division. That said, I'm a little surprised that you didn't beat a team like us, who will struggle. We're still learning, but we'll do ok given the budget we have and the commitment and desire from the management team and players. We're still learning, and a win is just around the corner. None of our three games we have played have we deserved to lose, but we also acknowledge we haven't done enough to wrap up more points than we have. As point of interest, from our first two home games last season we got 0 points, and we went on to win the league. I'm not suggesting that will happen again of course but we'll be fine.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ