Hednesford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hednesford Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 04 Aug 2014, 21:18

Sub for us: Eric Bowen on, Griffiths off.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 04 Aug 2014, 21:33

Full time: Halesowen 2 - Hednesford 1

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 04 Aug 2014, 22:45

No Turner, Till, Forde and Kettle tonight and we still looked really solid, and some of the football we played was great at times. With Macca in the side I think we have the ideal player to mix up the style in which we play, he can play great long passes for Ben or Thompson-Brown to run onto, or play neat little passes into the feet of Isedyn.
Aaron Griffiths again was excellent tonight, I thought and also Asa Charlton at LB. Whilst our results may not have been anything spectacular during pre-season I've been particularly impressed with the quality of our football. Wulfrunians aside, (which I thought was a poor performance and result) we've played a better quality football. I'm not sure if it is the coaching staff or the additions to the squad or a combination of both but we're less direct and are playing some nice passing football for good portions of the game.
I don't think for a minute we'll do as well as last season but the fact that we're a bit of an unknown quantity, are playing better football and have the potential to get better even still I'm really optimistic about the forthcoming season. We know we have a great manager in John Hill, lets be positive about this season coming!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 04 Aug 2014, 23:31

anybody else think that was an early contender for goal of the season?

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 04 Aug 2014, 23:42

Was a tremendous goal! If a Premier League player had scored it we would see it about a thousand times this week!

offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by offmehead » 05 Aug 2014, 18:37

Re Curtis`s goal, he seemed to have the presence of mind to pick his spot in a crowded penalty area with the ball 3-4 feet off the ground. Ronnie O`Sullivan like precision. Worth the entrance fee on it`s own.