Carlton Banks

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Carlton Banks

Post by CRH Yeltz » 19 Apr 2014, 17:56

Of the two, I'd fancy our friends from Burntwood to do the favour.

We're doing all we can, if it falls for us then Belper could be one hell of a day. If it doesn't then we have great form for the playoffs.

Whatever happens, this has been a brilliant season and everyone involved must take credit. Nearly 90 points in a season is a magnificent achievement and it could be 91 yet.

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 19 Apr 2014, 19:10

Just got back....great win against possible tricky opponents, who didn't really trouble which is surprising with the close leek game in midweek. We had a host of chances and should really have been out of sight and had a clear penalty is the second half don't know how it wasn't given but played well and was comfortable really

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Apr 2014, 19:43

Can see why they only average 109 gates. The ground stinks from the human sewerage farm over the road.
Throat sore. No bull.
The pillocks also do not point a sign towards oncoming traffic and hence you drive past as Sat Nav does not take you there.

Of the 154 gate I think at least 140 were Halesowen fans.

First half we had majority of the play and attempts on goal.
Second half we bombarded there goal and no one seemed to be able to get the ball in.
Ben H comes up trumps again and JMG eventually from the floor on two attempts scores.
We should have won today 10 nil with the chances we had.

Conceded a sloppy goal from a set piece almost straight after we scored but the vocal support and the players commitment shone through.

Need Gresley or Chasetown to do Coalville draw or loss to help us.

Looking at Belper gate today we will take more fans than they had in total.

Videoman has some footage to up load later.

Well done all concerned and see you at Belper.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Apr 2014, 19:47

The chances we had we should have battered them out of sight. Admittedly we were poor in the first half but the pitch was that bad no decent football could be played. Second half we just showed the determination we have become accustomed to and should have won by six. To take it to the last game is a magnificent achievement, now all we can do is hope. Well done lads!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Apr 2014, 19:54

This set of players just will not give up. Going behind at Mickleover and clawing it back, battling until late on against Loughborough, getting pegged back twice on Tuesday and then fighting right back for the win and then again today. They just won't lie down. That is why we WILL win the league.

It kind of feels like we dropped points or even a loss today with how the Coalville -v- Leek game turned out. But Coalville have two very tough games coming up and this is after a very tough game today against Leek. Hopefully they'll suffer a case of 'after the lord mayors show' much like us against Belper after wins at Coalvilla and Leek. This group of players haven't and won't give up, neither will I.

The aforementioned games have been tight, nervy affairs. Coalville have to go through two more of these games and win them. We only have one, nervy, massive game against Belper next week. Hopefully it'll be in our hands by then.

Today it was a poor first half. It was understandably but disappointingly flat (on and off the pitch). Nerves got the better of us. Saying that we restricted Carlton to nothing during the first half and created one or two good openings.

The second half was much better and we got a deserved lead through Ben 10. Frustratingly we let our guard down (old footballing cliché isn't it?) more or less as soon as we got the vital lead.

To the players credit it was a bit of an onslaught after the equaliser. It would have been so easy for them to drop their heads and lose confidence. In the space of ten minutes or so we created 4 or 5 chances. Turner (I think) miss an open goal after Christie rounded the Keeper, all be it some great defending blocked the shot, Macca missed a good chance, shooting over the bar from the edge of the area then Asa went close with two headers one from a Tonks corner then a Tonks throw. Again a chance fell to Macca, this time six yards out but the same result, over the bar.

Finally a chance was converted when Ben Haseley home from a Asa Cross. This time we managed to hold on, and extended our lead from a scrappy goal from Gueyes after great work from Christie.

Apart from their goal and a couple of pot shots in the second half, Carlton offered very little. It was a deserved 3 points in the end and it should and could have been more than 3 goal to 1.

The ground is right next to a sewage farm so an unpleasant venue to watch football in. The beer was ok, nothing to write home about but a decent bar to have a pre-match pint in.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 20 Apr 2014, 08:54

Carlton didn't offer a great deal in the second half, apart from their carthoss number 16 looking like Tony Adam's famous offside stance, and probably pissed too!

Fantastic win and season, hopefully we have a bit of luck either Monday or next Sat, otherwise I'm certain John Hill will motivate the players for the play offs if they're not already (doubtful as motivation is one thing this group of players don't lack).

Apologies to Yeltzdoc, yeltz85, poll et al for lack of updates, I decided to let my phone fall onto a concrete surface at half time and completely bost it....... tosser!

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 20 Apr 2014, 16:47

No probs on the updates HH. We just about managed to follow the excitement on here through a variety of Twitter feeds.

I'm hoping to be at the rest of our games this season (however many there are!)

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 20 Apr 2014, 18:22

Poll wrote:
I'm hoping to be at the rest of our games this season (however many there are!)
Bloddy glory hunter ;)
Look forward to seeing you there as ever :)
On the train via derby? Change at The Brunswick?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 21 Apr 2014, 15:24

Westyeltz wrote:
Poll wrote: Bloddy glory hunter ;)
Found out again. :)

I need to change in Derby too so see you (and anyone else) at The Brunswick. My train from Newcastle is due in around 1230.