Sheffield Tuesday

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sheffield Tuesday

Post by JohnC » 15 Apr 2014, 23:58

What a bleep fantastic result. All the team played there bleep off. The ref was bleep useless as was the bleep assistant who was bleep and we had him for both halves.

The bleep ref would have added on extra 20 bleep mins if he bleep thought sheff could bleep our defence.

Ben H had a second good goal first half disallowed by bleep lino.
We also should have had a def penalty in both halves but the bleep ref could not see past his own bleep bleep.

The support given to our lads was superb and we deserved to be 3 up at half time and Sargent had nothing to do. The spirit to keep going despite playing 13 (inc ref and one lino) and being pegged back was terrific.

Keeping going lads two more cup finals to go. Well done to all.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 16 Apr 2014, 00:02

Just got back via JohnC's limo - Thanks John

These players just will NOT give up. We looked far more comfortable than on Saturday, and as silly as it sounds I can't really remember Seargant making a save. We were at the other end of the ground and wasn't sure what happened to make it 2-2 but it looked like a deflection?

We settled much better than on Saturday, and the opening goal was a great finish from Ben, going around the keeper from a superb pass by Macca. We should have been 2-0 up when Isedyn crossed for Ben to head home but the referee/linesman wrongly adjudged the ball to have crossed the line before he crossed it. ( It didn't cross the line I was 3 yards away).

They equalised early in the second half to make it 1-1 early in the second half but we strangely began with us being on top again and Ben took us into the lead after beating two players before finishing neatly. They blooming well equalised again from I think it was a deflection but Curtis Tilt headed the winner from a corner from Tonksy.

The most brilliant thing about tonight was the way the players got whacked twice with an equaliser but came back, stronger and stronger each time. To celebrate the goals once again with us lot who travelled up to Sheffield was awesome. There is a massive feeling of 'in this together', and I urge every single Yeltz fan to get to Carlton and Belper and support these lads because they're bloody well worth it.

Up the Yeltz!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 16 Apr 2014, 00:37

What a game ! Not good on the ticker but as Rob has previously stated this team will just not lie down, twice pegged back tonight and rather than get flown about it have remained focused and got the job done. I loved how the players celebrated with us, they know we are with them and believe in them. We have 2 games to go all we can do is win them and see what happens, I don't think I will be at Carlton Saturday, will be at Belper, these lads need and deserve our support so please go and cheer them on.

The beer was nice tonight especially the beer keeper, not usually a big fan of ales but this was tops ! I had a breakfast roll which was suggested by noggin and I enjoyed it muchly. The only sour note for me was the ref (an absolute arse) as was the linesman, but the one steward was worse, he was that bad almost discouraging us from getting behind our team that eventually I compared him to Vera Bennett from Prisoner Cell Block H ! The other one was ok but did say they came round our end as we were more entertaining, I did question this and suggested they were there merely to stand over us and make us uncomfortable.

To finish on a good note as I always try to, the lads did a good job, am really proud of them, hopefully we will achieve promotion but in my opinion what we need next season regardless of what happens is to keep as many of these committed and never say die players next season as we can. With their attitude this club will go along way.

Proud to be a yeltzman !

gemma
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gemma » 16 Apr 2014, 08:00

What a terrific battling performance. Should have had the game won by half time, then an uncharacteristic mistake by Tilt gifts them a goal. We bounce back to take the lead. Then Kelly turns the ball into his own net trying to clear. It would have been easy for heads to drop. But we were so determined to battle on and win. An amazing TEAM spirit. Every single player really wanted this. For sheer commitment, determination and togetherness there is no side better. On to Carlton! Up the Yeltz!!!!!
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.

We are Yeltzmen,
Super Yeltzmen,
We are Yeltzmen
From The Grove.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Apr 2014, 08:58

One of my favourite Yeltz games this season.

Firstly, the beer in their nice pub was bostin. Best ale I've had all season. Will try and look on-line to see if they sell bottles of it. Lovely stuff.

On to the game! We should have been 2 or 3 up at half time. Definitely wrong to rule out Ben's header. The ball did NOT cross the line. I'm certain there was a penalty on Turner too, towards the end of the first half. In fact the guilty defender needed treatment for taking him out! Sure there was a hand ball seconds before!

The incident where Turner was down injured (turned ankle) yet was flagged offside as apparently a player who is downed in obvious pain is deemed to be interfering, summed up the officials' performance. I'm tempted to print the FA Rule Book off for Carlton Sat, just in case we come across another inept referee.

In terms of the match I can't recall Sheffield having a chance other than the two gifts we gave them. Two very fortunate goals on their behalf and unlucky on ours, particularly by accounts it was off a Brendan clearance.

Another cracking match. Pure tension, nerves, joy, despair. All possible emotions. The actual match was entertaining, some good football and moves from us, Ben's two goals were brilliantly taken and his first superbly assisted by Macca. Not vintage by any means but thoroughly deserving of the win.

Finally, echoing the comments on the sheer determination, commitment and never say die attitude of this squad. It is a real joy to watch these players play football, the heart and passion they have for football and this club really is second to none. Regardless of where we finish, I am very proud of this team.

Brilliant.