Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Newcastle Town Updates:

Post by Poll » 15 Mar 2014, 17:00

Coalville 2-2 FT. We'll take that

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Mar 2014, 17:49

Well Newcastle did not show up until the second half. We were cruising at three nil and maybe that was the mistake. Newcastle first goal was gifted and their second made for a nail biting few minutes at the end.

We should have made our subs a bit earlier and been pushing on for more goals to increase our goal difference.

Good to see Mitch back and now it is onwards to Market Drayton hail storms permitting.

Come on lads keep the pressure on.

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 15 Mar 2014, 17:53

Should have kept my mouth shut.... About 5 minutes before their first goal I said 'Sargent doesn't come off his line quickly enough sometimes' and then he proves my point. Apart from that, some good performances in key areas but we let NTFC have too much space 2nd half with the 4 games in 9 days maybe catching up with us finally. Glad there is a full week until the next match.

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 15 Mar 2014, 18:11

played well enough to get to 3-0 up without having to do a great deal, at 3-1 haseley had to break the net but instead found the keeper at 4-1 there would have been no way back. Instead they go and score a second which leaves it a bit tense at the end but we held out, another valuable 3 points especially with coalville only drawing

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Mar 2014, 18:21

3-0, cruising without playing that well, then decide to sit back. Then 3-1, sit back a bit deeper, 3-2 deeper still. Could not understand why we voluntarily invited more pressure. On our couple of odd forays forward after that, if support from the midfield was there we would have undoubtedly killed the game. Then they hit the bar. Chuffed with the 3 points in the end but if we try to defend every lead we have between now and the end of the season be prepared for a lot of fingernail chewing.
Aside from that thanks to the club for good hospitality to the Jolly Boys (and girls), as we sponsored the game.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 15 Mar 2014, 18:25

Made it hard for ourselves, results are more important than performance this end of the season, 3 points, job done. Next.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 15 Mar 2014, 18:31

Agree with the summaries. No danger until the hesitation for their first and then it was a good finish for their second. Played comfortably until then. The front two got a bit isolated in the second half but we still had chances to seal it and avoid the edgy ending.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 15 Mar 2014, 18:54

I thought we played well.

They had 3 attacks. 2 goals and on hitting the bar.

Good weekend with Coalville drawing.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 16 Mar 2014, 00:37

Worst performers today for the Yeltz? The fans!
No atmosphere and not trying to help lift the lads when the pressure was on, the crowd seemed to treat it more like a mid table end of season dead rubber ???

More effort needed people.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 16 Mar 2014, 09:05

Having got ourselves into a really comfortable position we very nearly threw it away. It was looking like we might be having one of those days until we opened the scoring, their 4-5-1 formation was frustrating us, and at times we struggled to deal with their runners from midfield. At 2-0 up they came out with a more orthodox 4-4-2 and suddenly their big No9 had someone closer to him to play off, even though we went 3-0 up the game opened up. Their first goal really was a lack of concentration and communication, but gave them a lift. They, all of a sudden had some belief and nothing to lose. Their second goal was a lovely goal to be fair with a neat interchange of passes.

Credit to the players for hanging on in the end though and having the resilience to hang on. Ben could have had a hat trick and sealed the game for us when he headed the ball down but the pace of the ball was lost in the bunker/goalmouth. Isedyn I thought was superb again, but I do think he tries to win us too many free kicks at times. Macca I thought was excellent in the middle again, his range of passing was great and the pin point cross for Joe Hull's headed goal was great.

I have to agree with ZeeZee about the crowd. 'Only' 405 when top of the league was poor I thought, particularly as it was such a nice day and there was no Albion home game. John Hill tweeted last night also about the crowd being 'subdued' too. Maybe the lack of away supporters plays it's part in that. I suppose when we're all spread out around the ground it doesn't help, and I'm as guilty as that as anyone in my superstitous behind the dug out position.

Hopefully we'll make up for that next week at Market Drayton and take a 100+ following. Even Lutley is making the journey ;-)
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ