Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by old git » 10 Mar 2014, 16:24

Belpernailer wrote:I come in peace also!
I wish Belper fans all the best, but I couldn't watch such examples of unsportsmanlike like behave week in week out. Or was this game a one off, due to the circumstances of the game and who the ref was?
If you care to take a look at the League's Fair Play table below you will see that Belper have the second best record in the league

http://files.pitchero.com/leagues/1996_1391114875.pdf

Also, only one caution for dissent all season.

I doubt that Halesowen can match that!

So, it cannot possibly be argued that the team is a bunch of unsporting individuals who bullied their way through their matches.

If you feel the approach was too physical than I would have real fears for you if you progress to the NPL Premier Division. You will find that there are no shrinking violets there either. You really need to 'man up' and match teams that give you a physical examination.

The scenes at the end were very unpleasant with a small number of home supporters hurling abuse and spitting at the Belper players as they left the pitch. It's no wonder that they aimed some verbals in the opposite direction.

I am sure that when you come to Belper on the last day of the season, you will be welcomed genuinely by our supporters, who recognise a good club and team when they see one.

You have a good club, a good team and a great set up - but don't let a small minority of people spoil it for you.
Very worrying to the vast majority of us to hear of the spitting incident at the tunnel. Something that we as a club will not tolerate, and action will be taken. We pride ourselves on our welcoming nature, and thankfully we rarely have problems.
As to the match all I can say is well done Belper who played the referee like a fine violin, and our lads didn't match up to it at all. Belper showed what can be achieved by reading a weak referee, whereas our lad getting sent off was a perfect example of how we didn't.
On a more serious note I despair at the FA fast tracking system. This lad may well go on to be a very good official,but I hope that being given a proper 'Man's' match hasn't ruined his progress as he was way out of his depth on Saturday.
The Belper supporters were also magnificent and supported their team exactly the way we do at away games with passion and no silliness.
I look forward to my visit to Belper later on next month for the pie and peas !! Also I am fairly certain it will be a little warmer than our last visit !!
I also have a feeling that we will be meeting twice again before the end of this campaign.
May the best man win.

Belperlad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Belperlad » 10 Mar 2014, 16:44

I have trouble umderstanding the ruling of the 'headbutt' as your number 4 has not at all headbutted our player but has infact moved his head aggressively towards him so is this a red card offence? It happened with 2 players in a home game earlier in the season and I felt hard done by seeing our player sent off sp I can understand why you are all aggrieved! As for the refereeI feel this league is graced with some of the worst in the world! I'll say no more on thay situation! As for the belper fan saying he knows who is speaking, the 'age' using lad would be me not the other commenter so address your problems to me if you have amy with me! I said earlier in this thread and I shall say again I had a fantastic day amd all the best for your side for the rest of the season, and thank you for a fantastic day.

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 11 Mar 2014, 18:26

Hi all Belper fans who come in peace,

I may have been a bit harsh with my criticism but I did feel there was a lack of sportsmanship in the game. That said, it does not excuse our performance as we were unusually weak at the back, especially from those dreaded set pieces. In all fairness both teams played however you guys just edged it. Not blaming the ref fiddling entirely as it didn't really affect the score.

On another note your fans were a good bunch and seemed very friendly. You'll be very welcome at The Grove in future and I'm looking forward to visiting Christchurch Meadow on the final chapter of this extraordinary season :)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Mar 2014, 18:32

I think when the ref is that poor and 'against' you (or at least our set of players feel he is against them) it's a psychological battle, which affects performance.

We've won since then. Great game tbh. Thouroughly worth the entrance fee.

No problem with Belper fans. No problem with losing tbh, it happens.

Still stand by my comments above re. The Belper players, but I'll let it lie :)

See you for our last game in this league ;)