Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 19:51

andy wrote:
KingEdsYeltz wrote:Personally I didn't think the referee was actually was that bad. It doesn't hide the fact that the defence wasn't good enough does it?

whilst I agree regards the defending, the ref had no influence over the goals but the 5 had to be sent off clear as day at 3-3 with about 25 mins to go, that in my book is bad
Not that bad???? You're having a laugh.

The one goal came from a free kick that should never have been given, and that came about 5 seconds after a foul on Ben which wasn't given.
sorry andy the first bit was a rather poor attempt at quoting yeltz27, the second part was what i thought and i also commented previously about the poorness of the ref

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 22:10

No disrespect to Belper fans, who may read this comment, but I bloody hate Belper. They must be the most unsporting, dishonest team I have ever seen. The best example was at the tunnel at the end of the game, when their players raised their fingers gesturing 4-3, and laughing in our faces. If that's not bad sportsmanship I don't know what is. A goalkeeper raising two fingers to the shed faithful isn't exactly all in good faith either.

Also they bullied the ref and made a meal of every tackle or brush of a foot just to influence his decision. I don't know what happened with the red card as I was talking to a friend but I can imagine that if their player hadn't bawled like a baby to the ref, we would have finished the game with 11 men.

Yes, the ref was very yellow-bellied and had fear running through his veins, which lead to him being bullied by the visitors. And that was his fault. But I thought it was disgusting how Belper squeezed as much blood out of him as possible. And it also brings me onto Haseley's near-decapitation. If there hadn't been a wave of yellow shirts that washed over his decision like a tsunami then I doubt the offender would have got away with murder as he did.

After all this, I'm looking forward to visiting Christchurch Meadow at the final chapter of this season, as all I want is us too beat Belper. Again, no disrespect to the fans as they were a good bunch and in fact I rather enjoyed their visit. A shame the same can't be said for those who represent them on the pitch.

P.S: I can understand the language yesterday, as tension was running high. But that is not excusing homophobia, which really is low and disgusting and should have no place on the terraces

Btfc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Btfc » 09 Mar 2014, 23:17

Wow what a pile of crap you have just wrote beastyeltz. Maybe you were one of the fans threatening the subs doing their warm down at the end of the game. If your player had not headbutted our defender straight in the face then he would have stayed on the pitch!! And am I right in thinking you all stood and clapped the Belper players off or did you stand there and shout abuse and then cry because they gave u some back?
I suggest you man up and take defeat on the chin. Nobody likes to lose but sometimes however much it hurts we all suffer it.
If you look back in the history books Leeds won the league in the 70's no one liked them but their name is still on the trophy.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 23:23

Btfc wrote:Wow what a pile of crap you have just wrote beastyeltz. Maybe you were one of the fans threatening the subs doing their warm down at the end of the game. If your player had not headbutted our defender straight in the face then he would have stayed on the pitch!! And am I right in thinking you all stood and clapped the Belper players off or did you stand there and shout abuse and then cry because they gave u some back?
I suggest you man up and take defeat on the chin. Nobody likes to lose but sometimes however much it hurts we all suffer it.
If you look back in the history books Leeds won the league in the 70's no one liked them but their name is still on the trophy.
Just to clarify, the sub's doing the warm down at the end were not threatened at all. Comments were made to them about how awful the referee was etc, but no threats were made.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 23:37

Btfc wrote:Wow what a pile of crap you have just wrote beastyeltz. Maybe you were one of the fans threatening the subs doing their warm down at the end of the game. If your player had not headbutted our defender straight in the face then he would have stayed on the pitch!! And am I right in thinking you all stood and clapped the Belper players off or did you stand there and shout abuse and then cry because they gave u some back?
Haha wow I'm guessing you were not at the tunnel were you? And no, I did not shout hardly any abuse at all thank you and I certainly did not 'threaten' your players at all. I do not sink to those levels. I waited at the tunnel to applaud the team I support like I do EVERY home game, win or lose. And I never saw the red like I said if you had cared to fully read my post but what I gathered from other fans it sounded like the sending off was very harsh and was, like I said, influenced by a bit of 'whinging'.

P.S: The previous post was my opinion. This is a forum, a place for people to share their opinions. If you have different summaries of the events that took place then fair enough.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Mar 2014, 08:17

The incident in the first half sums the Belper Teams unsporting behaviour as well as the utter incompetence of the ref;

One of their players went down from the hypothetical sniper in the stand. He soon rose off his feet when he realised Belper had the ball, yet Belper still proceeded to kick the ball out of play.

Tonksy, quite rightly IMO (as no injury occurred) went over to take the throw.

At this point the ref walked over to tell Tonksy to give Belper the ball back.

This isn't a rule...

Players going down and genuine unsporting behaviour was the norm I'm afraid.

The goading and bullying of the ref is something I witness on Match of the Day by over paid prima dona's, not (usually) decent, hard working and honest semi pro players I usually see down the Grove.

I'm usually a fair loser. But when we lose partly due to the ref and partly due to unsporting play it gets to me.

Looking back, after saying that, we didn't do enough to win. Defence was unusually all over the shop.

Also, I believe after taking the lead we sat back, maybe over confident in our ability after 4 straight clean sheets.

Then again, it must be hard to gather momentum in such circumstances.

I wish Belper fans all the best, but I couldn't watch such examples of unsportsmanlike like behave week in week out.

Or was this game a one off, due to the circumstances of the game and who the ref was?

Frogba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frogba » 10 Mar 2014, 13:19

Belper fan in peace.......
First of all, apologies for the Belper fan shooting his mouth off, above. I think I know who it is and he does it all the time, usually hiding behind his age when people take him to task over it.
I witnessed the whole exchange with the Belper subs at the end- it was some squat chap aged 50ish telling our sub (I shan't name him) that no 5, Phil Watt, was filthy, to which the sub replied (bemusedly more than aggressively) "What's it got to do with me?" then some accusations that Belper had nobbled the ref, to which our sub replied that yes indeed, the Belper squad were soaping up the ref in the shower at that very moment. None of it was too foul-mouthed or aggressive- just a frustrated fan looking for an outlet and a bemused player trying to reply with some sort of wit.
If I hadn't frequented football forums I'd be genuinely surprised as the vitriol aimed at the ref on here- we in the Belper end thought he had done well, but it seems we must have been wearing yellow-tinted specs.
Belper bounced back from a poor home defeat last week in fine style and I'm really not sure the ref influenced the outcome, though I'd like to see the second Watt challenge (where he wasn't dismissed) when Sky Sports News show it again.
Seriously, you have a great setup, everyone was really friendly and I'd thoroughly recommend the Tasty Bite cafe in town where we ate royally for a bargain price.
Good luck, and maybe see you in the playoffs!

Belpernailer
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Belpernailer » 10 Mar 2014, 14:08

I come in peace also!
I wish Belper fans all the best, but I couldn't watch such examples of unsportsmanlike like behave week in week out. Or was this game a one off, due to the circumstances of the game and who the ref was?
If you care to take a look at the League's Fair Play table below you will see that Belper have the second best record in the league

http://files.pitchero.com/leagues/1996_1391114875.pdf

Also, only one caution for dissent all season.

I doubt that Halesowen can match that!

So, it cannot possibly be argued that the team is a bunch of unsporting individuals who bullied their way through their matches.

If you feel the approach was too physical than I would have real fears for you if you progress to the NPL Premier Division. You will find that there are no shrinking violets there either. You really need to 'man up' and match teams that give you a physical examination.

The scenes at the end were very unpleasant with a small number of home supporters hurling abuse and spitting at the Belper players as they left the pitch. It's no wonder that they aimed some verbals in the opposite direction.

I am sure that when you come to Belper on the last day of the season, you will be welcomed genuinely by our supporters, who recognise a good club and team when they see one.

You have a good club, a good team and a great set up - but don't let a small minority of people spoil it for you.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Mar 2014, 14:19

My gripe isn't with Belper fans what-so-ever!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Mar 2014, 14:28

Ps. Looking forward to the last game. I will be there and sure we'll have no problems with the fans :)