Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by Carlin » 09 Mar 2014, 08:14

have to agree with the lad from belper. we was poor from set pieces to day so they got as many chances as they could to get some good balls in to there big men from corners and free kicks, young ref so they hounded him for everything and broke the poor lad ,and last of all they clocked on to forde's temprament and exposed it. think a lot has been learnt from yesterday and i just hope that gresley will be just as tired as our lads will be on monday because one thing our lads gave 100% again

Belperlad
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Belperlad » 09 Mar 2014, 08:33

Being a belper fan I'm happy about the result. I feel the referee was poor for both teams to be quite honest, the big game was too big for him but it certainly didn't take away from a fantastic performance from both sides, a great spectacle for anyone at the game! Your lads will be up the If not top at the end! I disagree you call us cheats, that's an unfair statement, it is not our fault that the ref was weak (for both sides) it was the best game I've seen in quite a while in terms of entetainment, both teams giving there all! I had a chat with 3 or 4 of your fans, they all seemed to be great people! Overall though, a fantastic game, fantastic day! Thanks for the warm welcome yesterday! Also the atmosphere yesterday was second best I've witnessed all season, only behind Scarborough!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 09:01

The euphoria following our two successive wins over Leek and Coalville had raised our expectation levels, mine included, once again.
Andy commented a while back that we were "punching above our weight" when we hit the top of the table - I think that statement has now proved to be fact. That isn't to say that we don't deserve to be where we are. We are now in the league position that we would have hoped to be in at the start of the season. I personally felt that although yesterday's game would be hard, we would end up winning, once again. AVFCYeltz brought me swiftly back to earth when he told me that this could be our hardest game of the three against our nearest rivals - how right he was!
Despite a load of poor(!) refereeing decisions we have to take it on the chin, and swallow the bitter pill of disappointment.
To illustrate how fickle some people are I heard one gent, on leaving The Grove, comment to his mate; "They're crap I ain't coming no more!" ???

P.S. Why, when the goalmouth surfaces are cut up, are halftime warmups/practice allowed to further the damage?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Mar 2014, 11:20

ZeeZee wrote:The biggest disappointment for me today was some of our fans were quite frankly embarrassing, abusing a couple of their players by the corner flag well after the final whistle
I'd be interested to know what you heard here. From the bits I caught, it was our fans moaning about the ref ("worst ref we've had down here in 25 years", etc) and they argued back with "how's that our fault?!"

Seemed relatively innocuous.
RaidenYeltz wrote:Tbh the best ref in the league should have been chosen for this game.
You mean the fella with cap that reffed our friendlies? Christ alive, that bloke's a legend.

Credit to the two Belper fans who have replied on here with good grace. You got behind your team and got a good result- not too different to how we played at Coalville on Tuesday. What happened to your goalkeeper from last season by the way? He was about 6 ' 10 " and played a blinder against us- did he go on to a higher level?

Btfc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Btfc » 09 Mar 2014, 11:30

The goalkeeper from last season was called Aaron Chapman. He signed a 12 month contract with Chesterfield and has progressed well, he has spent time at Everton on work experience and with Everton, Liverpool and Bolton all sniffing round Chesterfield have given him a contract until 2016.
He is currently on loan at Chester in the conference to get him some match time.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Mar 2014, 15:34

Btfc wrote:The goalkeeper from last season was called Aaron Chapman. He signed a 12 month contract with Chesterfield and has progressed well, he has spent time at Everton on work experience and with Everton, Liverpool and Bolton all sniffing round Chesterfield have given him a contract until 2016.
He is currently on loan at Chester in the conference to get him some match time.
That's good to hear. In my opinion, he was the best player we faced last season. Not only good with the gloves but had some fun with the fans behind the goal too. Will keep an eye on his progress.

Btfc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Btfc » 09 Mar 2014, 15:59

What I failed to mention was in this day and age when pro footballers think that they are something else Aaron is one of the nicest people you could meet on or off the pitch. And in one game at Leek at the end of the season he produced a save of world class that even had the ref applauding him.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 09 Mar 2014, 16:40

piearce9 wrote:
ZeeZee wrote:The biggest disappointment for me today was some of our fans were quite frankly embarrassing, abusing a couple of their players by the corner flag well after the final whistle
I'd be interested to know what you heard here. From the bits I caught, it was our fans moaning about the ref ("worst ref we've had down here in 25 years", etc) and they argued back with "how's that our fault?!"

Seemed relatively innocuous.
There was nothing too bad abuse wise, it was just all the whinging that was embarrassing, blaming this and that and aiming it at anyone from Belper, we lost, we didn't defend well enough on the day move on!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Mar 2014, 17:28

ZeeZee wrote:There was nothing too bad abuse wise, it was just all the whinging that was embarrassing, blaming this and that and aiming it at anyone from Belper, we lost, we didn't defend well enough on the day move on!
I see what you mean

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Mar 2014, 18:45

KingEdsYeltz wrote:Personally I didn't think the referee was actually was that bad. It doesn't hide the fact that the defence wasn't good enough does it?

whilst I agree regards the defending, the ref had no influence over the goals but the 5 had to be sent off clear as day at 3-3 with about 25 mins to go, that in my book is bad
Not that bad???? You're having a laugh.

The one goal came from a free kick that should never have been given, and that came about 5 seconds after a foul on Ben which wasn't given.