Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2014, 21:19

AVFCYELTZ wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:No problem Avfc. I wasn't being funny with you just saying what I heard. Sorry if it came across that way.

I know you have fallen out of love with Premier League football but I still go to the Villa on a regular basis and have done for 22 years. I have to say that whilst the language at the Villa can be bad, especially at away games, that I have never heard language from fans at a premier league game like I have heard at the grove recently. To be perfectly honest it's amazing that anybody is willing to referee at the level the Yeltz play at, especially if they have to put up with what the poor ref today did. Just as you admire the players for giving their all and playing for the love of the game, don't you think that ref today was doing it cos he loves the game too? One of my best friends was a referee at this level and I can assure you, the payment is not great.
You make some good points there, I'm not doubting that the referee has love for the game, and if you read any of my post match comments over the course of the season I don't think you'll find any comments criticising the referee as I have today. I'm not talking about one or two poor game changing decisions, but he consistently made really poor decisions for both sides. As I mentioned earlier, to have the opposition manager turn around and agree with me about a decision going in favour of his own team says it all really.

The referee, purely and simply wasn't good enough, or mature enough to deal with such a big game, I don't blame him for that, but the pillock's responsible for choosing the officials. Yes, young referees need games at this level, but break them in with meaningless end of season games not title chasing games.

As for the language, I was a little more colourful today than normal I must admit, probably due to the abysmal refereeing.
Personally I didn't think the referee was actually was that bad. It doesn't hide the fact that the defence wasn't good enough does it?

I have been to enough games where I have thought the referees were bad and today I had no moment where I thought the referee was bad. And in those games where I have thought the referee was bad, I haven't sat at the Villa or stood at the Yeltz and hurled abuse, ever. It's unpleasant and shouldn't happen, it's unacceptable at any level

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2014, 21:21

RaidenYeltz wrote:I'll openly admit my language isn't the best. But by the same token I like to think I'm never personal nor do I abuse our players.

At the end of the day football is aan environment where I think you should expect language.
My original point wasn't referring to the bad language, it was referring to the homophobic reference of what the people said

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 08 Mar 2014, 21:22

It sounds like it was a great game I missed, full of incident, goals etc, am gutted I missed it to be honest and I remember a few seasons ago every time I watched the yeltz they seemed to lose, I thought I was a jinx at times, I went against Leek and Coalville and was delighted and proud, I was updated today and could not believe it when we were conceding so many goals when we have kept so many clean sheets. Maybe that`s what was needed a game where we concede, get it out the way so we have our quota for a few weeks.

I am hoping to go to as many of the rest of the games, we are still in it, if I was offered this position at the start of the season I would have taken it, come on everyone lets stick together do our part, I predict many twists and turns in the final run in, it`s exciting and am glad we are in with a shout, a play off place looks a cert, hopefully automatic we can still get. Chins up everyone and up the yeltz !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 08 Mar 2014, 21:38

The ref was awful - Belper bullied him all gathering around him all game.
Their 5 had a second yellow card offence in bot first and second half and should have been off the ref bottled it.
Their no. 4 was acting about injuries all game and at the end of the match ran up the bank coming off laughing at Forde for the sending off.
The re just bottled it.
An interesting game.
Are Belper to the Yeltz what Stoke are to the baggies played 3 lost 3? We meet them again last day of the normal season.

Should the league fixture organiser take any blame.
We already had Leek and Belper and with plenty of weeks left in the season they put Coalville in between and re-arrange Gresley for the following Monday. Unfair or what? Conspiracy maybe!

We now have Turner and Tonks injured out for a while. RAF lad did well but I think we need two or three players. I would ash Meachan to play Monday night if his work allows.

I felt sorry for the lads today they must have been knackered after the two matches Saturday and Tuesday and work etc. during the week. Plus the fact Tuesday we had no real options on the bench they all had to play 90 minutes.

The players need to pick themselves up and lets in numbers get behind the team on Monday.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 21:41

In regards to conceding, maybe it was a case of resting on our Laurels?

Once we went 1 up (great goal from Macca) we stopped.

Make no mistake either, Tom Tonks is a big loss for this side.

Dare I say as big as Ben going off?

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 21:51

Personally I didn't think the referee was actually was that bad. It doesn't hide the fact that the defence wasn't good enough does it? [/quote]

whilst I agree regards the defending, the ref had no influence over the goals but the 5 had to be sent off clear as day at 3-3 with about 25 mins to go, that in my book is bad

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Mar 2014, 22:06

JohnC wrote:The ref was awful - Belper bullied him all gathering around him all game.
Their 5 had a second yellow card offence in bot first and second half and should have been off the ref bottled it.
Their no. 4 was acting about injuries all game and at the end of the match ran up the bank coming off laughing at Forde for the sending off.
The re just bottled it.
An interesting game.
Are Belper to the Yeltz what Stoke are to the baggies played 3 lost 3? We meet them again last day of the normal season.

Should the league fixture organiser take any blame.
We already had Leek and Belper and with plenty of weeks left in the season they put Coalville in between and re-arrange Gresley for the following Monday. Unfair or what? Conspiracy maybe!

We now have Turner and Tonks injured out for a while. RAF lad did well but I think we need two or three players. I would ash Meachan to play Monday night if his work allows.

I felt sorry for the lads today they must have been knackered after the two matches Saturday and Tuesday and work etc. during the week. Plus the fact Tuesday we had no real options on the bench they all had to play 90 minutes.

The players need to pick themselves up and lets in numbers get behind the team on Monday.
Yes their 5 got away with it.
We could end up playing them in the play offs straight after the last game (e,g 3rd v 4th a distinct possibility) so let's hope we shape up to them better.
Forde seems to make himself an easy target for opponents as he let's his frustrations get the better of him.
RAF to Step 4 is a big step up, so yes players needed.

Btfc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Btfc » 09 Mar 2014, 00:22

You can moan as much as you like about refs, cheating bad sportsmanship etc but Belper came and did a job on you pure and simple. The ref was weak yes so play him like a fiddle. I quite agree that our centre half should have walked today but please don't try to defend your player that got sent off sticking your head into another players face will get you sent off on any football pitch for that kind of stupidity.
Sadly playing pretty football often doesn't get you results where as winning does.
You have a nice ground, mainly decent fans and a good team without doubt you will be in the mix at the end of the season.
Look forward to seeing you at our place next month.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 07:46

6 pages and most of it is about the ref.

It was a 7 goal thriller. If that game was played out on TV between Man U and Arsenal we'd all be hearing about it.

Yet we've debated the refs performance. That says a lot.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 09 Mar 2014, 08:05

Any game with 7 goals has to rank as entertaining. Had I commented last night then this would have been a diatribe about the officials but I've slept on it.

Like it or not, Belper had a game plan which worked for them. We did look tired but still had a real go coming back twice and Macca's opener was sublime. Not happy about the manner of Belper's win but now we must move on. Whilst the last three games have been huge, the next nine are more important.

So on to Gresley...