Belper Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Belper Updates

Post by Simons » 08 Mar 2014, 19:59

One of the sranger decisions was to award m.o.m to Curtis Tilt or indeed to any defender having conceded 4 goals.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2014, 20:02

AVFCYELTZ wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:Disappointing result. Its no good blaming the ref, blame the defence. They have been great recently but today they had a bad day. Its hard therefore to be too critical. Tonks I now appreciate is crucial to the way this team plays.

Very disappointed to hear the homophobic references being shouted out from the people stood by the dugout. Totally disgusting and those responsible should be absolutely ashamed of themselves
I was behind the dug outs and didn't hear any homophobic comments?
I didn't say behind the dugout, I said by those next to the dugout. The abuse I am referring to that was dished out didn't just happen on one occasion, it happened a few times. Like I say, it's disgusting

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 08 Mar 2014, 20:06

come up against a strong organised team today. it was another great game to watch. well worth the entrance fee. would not say they was cheats. think they smelt blood coming off the ref from the hand shakes at the start. he was weak and they knew it. i mean they was all over him even when he blew there way. thought we was poor from set pieces at times but its been a long hard week for the lads. another big game monday where we could go top again.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 20:09

Yeltz27 wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:Disappointing result. Its no good blaming the ref, blame the defence. They have been great recently but today they had a bad day. Its hard therefore to be too critical. Tonks I now appreciate is crucial to the way this team plays.

Very disappointed to hear the homophobic references being shouted out from the people stood by the dugout. Totally disgusting and those responsible should be absolutely ashamed of themselves
I was behind the dug outs and didn't hear any homophobic comments?
I didn't say behind the dugout, I said by those next to the dugout. The abuse I am referring to that was dished out didn't just happen on one occasion, it happened a few times. Like I say, it's disgusting
I wasn't suggesting it didn't happen, just stating I was nearby and didn't hear it. I agree, no place for it.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2014, 20:20

No problem Avfc. I wasn't being funny with you just saying what I heard. Sorry if it came across that way.

I know you have fallen out of love with Premier League football but I still go to the Villa on a regular basis and have done for 22 years. I have to say that whilst the language at the Villa can be bad, especially at away games, that I have never heard language from fans at a premier league game like I have heard at the grove recently. To be perfectly honest it's amazing that anybody is willing to referee at the level the Yeltz play at, especially if they have to put up with what the poor ref today did. Just as you admire the players for giving their all and playing for the love of the game, don't you think that ref today was doing it cos he loves the game too? One of my best friends was a referee at this level and I can assure you, the payment is not great.

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 08 Mar 2014, 20:43

Yeltz27 wrote:No problem Avfc. I wasn't being funny with you just saying what I heard. Sorry if it came across that way.

I know you have fallen out of love with Premier League football but I still go to the Villa on a regular basis and have done for 22 years. I have to say that whilst the language at the Villa can be bad, especially at away games, that I have never heard language from fans at a premier league game like I have heard at the grove recently. To be perfectly honest it's amazing that anybody is willing to referee at the level the Yeltz play at, especially if they have to put up with what the poor ref today did. Just as you admire the players for giving their all and playing for the love of the game, don't you think that ref today was doing it cos he loves the game too? One of my best friends was a referee at this level and I can assure you, the payment is not great.
a refs job is hard. but he is the boss the authority its his place to emply the rules regardless of pay. the lad reffing today just was not good enougth

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 08 Mar 2014, 20:49

KingEdsYeltz wrote:we struggled to cope with the balls they put in from set pieces which was the undoing really and looked very leggy in the second half without really much to bring on of the bench, just the run of tough games taking there toll.

Now the ref.....was intimidated by them and effectively let them referee the game, how the 5 wasn't sent off in the second half is anyones guess, and as for the red card they barely touched and he just couldn't wait to get out the red card....very weak performance

Totally agree with you regarding their number 5, straight red in any game, the Belper Captain was straight on the refs back complaining about some Yeltz tackles that went unpunished, he bottled it.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 20:59

Yeltz27 wrote:No problem Avfc. I wasn't being funny with you just saying what I heard. Sorry if it came across that way.

You make some good points there, I'm not doubting that the referee has love for the game, and if you read any of my post match comments over the course of the season I don't think you'll find any comments criticising the referee as I have today. I'm not talking about one or two poor game changing decisions, but he consistently made really poor decisions for both sides. As I mentioned earlier, to have the opposition manager turn around and agree with me about a decision going in favour of his own team says it all really.

The referee, purely and simply wasn't good enough, or mature enough to deal with such a big game, I don't blame him for that, but the pillock's responsible for choosing the officials. Yes, young referees need games at this level, but break them in with meaningless end of season games not title chasing games.

As for the language, I was a little more colourful today than normal I must admit, probably due to the abysmal refereeing.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 21:14

I'll openly admit my language isn't the best. But by the same token I like to think I'm never personal nor do I abuse our players.

At the end of the day football is aan environment where I think you should expect language.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Mar 2014, 21:19

Tbh the best ref in the league should have been chosen for this game.