Coalville Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by dazzlingdazza » 05 Mar 2014, 00:08

JohnC wrote:They shut m42 and m6 bet coalville wished it had been before the match. "our shed is bigger than this" lol.

Funny that was deserves another outing I think ! Not sung that for ages !

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Mar 2014, 00:13

Superb. Absolutley brilliant. Well done to all. Every player deserves praise after two hard games. Keep it going lads.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Mar 2014, 08:34

I can't stop smiling this morning. Getting some odd looks on the train .

offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by offmehead » 05 Mar 2014, 09:55

Well done the travelling fans. You must have added that crucial element in a tight game. The Team as a whole are defending fantastically, and with 9 clean sheets out of 12 games (i think), are resembling the proverbial duck`s a**. I wonder if Raiden Yeltz is walking with a limp today, and will be donating the right one for Saturday.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Mar 2014, 10:43

It's a turn of phrase! :P

What a great night. Great travelling fans, I'm rubbish at estimating fans but I reckon there were around 100 of us last night.

A load behind the goals first half, and a good number in the seated area and on the opposite side.

The match its self...I thought we started excellently and thoroughly deserved to take the lead. In my opinion we created far more chances than Coalville in the first half and the goal was coming for us.

Great finish from Christie.

Second half was a 'we've got the one goal lead, you're not scoring past us' attitude. When you've got a back four (and dare I say 5 with how Sarg has played the last 2-3 games?) as good as we have, then why not sit back and shut up shop when we take a lead.

I say it every post game but I'll say it again, there's not a better centre back pairing in this league than Tilt and Hull. They just win every header, nothing gets past them. Hull is a great threat off set pieces and Tonky's throws.

I like Tonksy down the right. I feel he offers more going forward than Guyes, who he has replaced, and works bloody hard. I thought the combination of McKenzie and Forde was brilliant too.

Forde has been brilliant since joining and has arguably been man of the match every time I've seen him play. Last night anyone of the XI could have been man of the match, it was a brilliant team effort. Not pretty in the second half, but bloody brilliant.

I hope they keep to the high standards they've set over the last two games for the remaining 10 games. Coalville and Leek play each other towards the end of the season too, that'll be interesting.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Mar 2014, 19:00

Coalville's Report

From Owen Street Sports Ground, Coalville. Attendance: 316
Coalville Town did everything but score as they relinquished top spot in the Northern Premier Division One South with a 1-0 defeat against Halesowen Town.
Halesowen were superb in the opening exchanges, harrying Coalville in all areas of the pitch and forcing the Ravens into uncharacteristic errors.

There were just two minutes on the clock when the visitors registered their first attempt, a deflected 20-yard drive from Neil McKenzie that deflected onto the roof of Sean Bowles's net.

With Halesowen turning up the pressure Coalville came under a bombardment of long throws with midfielder Thomas Tonks wasting no opportunity to hurl the ball into the heart of the Ravens penalty area.

It was from a Tonks throw-in that Halesowen next threatened when McKenzie pounced on a half-cleared ball to fire in a half-volley that Bowles blocked with his legs.

After the opening 15 minutes though a shell-shocked Coalville started to come into the game more with Callum Woodward fizzing a 20-yard half-volley inches over the angle of post and crossbar.

Halesowen goalkeeper then made the first of what was to be a string of outstanding stops, blocking Anthony Carney's point-blank shot after Ben Saunders' flick-on had created the chance.

The Tonks throw-in was to prove to the undoing of Coalville moments later with Halesowen scoring what proved to be the decisive goal in the 20th minute. Again Tonks looped an impressive throw towards the penalty spot and veteran former Mansfield Town forward Iyseden Christie leapt highest to glance a precise header beyond Bowles.

Coalville responded to the set-back impressively with Carney skidding a shot across the face of goal and Saunders turning well but seeing his low shot pushed wide by Sargeant.

Halesowen kept Coalville at bay up to half-time but the Ravens will still be wondering how they failed to find an equaliser in a dominant second half showing.

Within the opening five minutes of the second half Coalville created three good openings as they set the tone for the half.

Carney was first to threaten with stinging drive that Sargeant tipped over while, from the resulting corner, Hempenstall's sweetly struck shot arrowed inches over.

A further corner moments later saw Hempenstall again go agonisingly close, this time turning a header onto the crossbar with Sargeant for once well beaten.

Despite the almost constant pressure Halesowen defended very impressively with captain Joseph Hull a dominant aerial presence while countless Halesowen players produced goal-saving blocks.

Adam Stevens introduced Jordan Nadat and Reece Lester as Coalville ended the game strongly with chances again coming, and going, for the Ravens.

Cameron Stuart forced Sargeant into arguably the save of the match from a 25-yard free-kick and the visiting goalkeeper excelled again minutes later to parry Saunders well-struck drive. From the latter of the chances the ball dropped loose in the Halesowen six yard box but, agonisingly for Coalville, neither Carney or Nadat could quite reach the loose ball as Halesowen scrambled clear.

In a rare sight of the Coalville goal, Halesowen midfielder Aaron Griffiths had a chance to put the game beyond Coalville but shot over from the edge of the area.

Coalville went back on the front foot and forced a succession of corners, the last of which saw Saunders hammer a shot narrowly wide.

An evening of near misses for Coalville was completed in stoppage time when Stuart's curling free-kick bounced off the Halesowen crossbar to safety.

Coalville will be looking to bounce back on Saturday (8th March, 3pm) when they host local rivals Loughborough Dynamo.