Chasetown Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Feb 2014, 18:59

I commented last week at Goole that since following Halesowen I haven't seen a 0-0 draw, now I've seen two in as many weeks. The contrast in the two games though was huge. Last week I thought we looked organised and never really looked like losing in a game spoilt by the conditions in dull uneventful game. This week I thought the tempo was much better, with both teams going at it for the win. I haven't seen a team come to the Grove as pumped up as Chasetown. Walking to the ground 45 minutes before kick off in the warm up they were very loud, it almost sounded as if the game had begun. They were clearly happy with a point judged by their reaction at the end of the game, and credit to them as they had the best chance of opening the scoring when Kristian made that unbelievable clearance after Sergeant's save.
Laity's substitution, in hindsight maybe should have come a little earlier, maybe at the expense of Griffiths who I thought struggled to deliver today. I would have kept Tonks on personally in the middle with Mackenzie and had Lait and the impressive Turner wide. I thought Laity's willingness to run at the full back gave them something different to think about. I like Forde if I'm honest, he's kind of a combination between Tonksy and Macca but I thought at 70 minutes we needed to move things on. I guess in hindsight it's easy to choose the tactics though..
I thought (as ever) our attitude and discipline was brilliant today, I was losing my rag with the complete and utter inconsistency of the referee who seemed to have a different ideas of what handball was every ten minutes, God knows how the players didn't get riled with him.
With teams around us winning, I guess it is two points dropped, however if Chasetown have to play the likes of Belper, Coalville and Leek still, if they turn up with the same 'cup final' attitude to them as they did us, we are far from out of it.
Great numbers again to support the boys, let's keep it going the season is far from over!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 22 Feb 2014, 19:36

Nicely summarised from AVFC again.

I was impressed by Forde as he looked comfortable on the ball and was happy to pick a pass, which isn't an easy achievement given the condition of the pitch. However, considering he's new to the team (and arrived from Bedworth!), he could maybe chill out a little with his team-mates, and the ref. I don't think John would tolerate an attitude, but if he can cool it, then he could be a great addition for the run in.

Kristian was harshly overlooked for MOTM as he was immense today, and the header off the line was the best bit of defending I've seen at the Grove all season. What a signing he has been for us.

And just on an aside, where's Ross Clarke? Is it safe to bring your sisters out?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Feb 2014, 19:50

When Laity is fully fit he has to start. Very good player. Surprised and a little disappointed he wasn't brought on earlier.

Fair summary AV :)

Ref for me was poor, for both sides.

We deserved a win IMO we were the better side but the ball just didn't want to fall our way.

I thought Forde was brilliant in the middle.

Great to see Tonksy back, he offers so much for us. Big loss when he's out.

For me though, Christie was man of the match today. I think he's such a great player.

I have yet to see a better centre back pairing than Tilt and Joe. They're so good.

Overall feeling disappointed with the point. I feel hard done by and unlucky not to get three.

As ever work rate and effort is there.

I feel at times we lack width. Gueyes and Griffiths haven't done it for me of late. Tonks played well today but he's not a winger. I just think we lack that pace, trickery and someone to put the ball in. An end product.

Finally Sargent played well again. Some good saves.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 22 Feb 2014, 20:13

Ref was like Chase no 6 a meat loaf!

I think we needed to change it with 30 minutes to go to give the subs chance and give Chase something different to worry about.

Turner did well today and found the final pass. All tried hard.

Not sure if Forde is over trying the vocals.
Last week at Goole he appeared to be very vocal about his team mates but not in a constructive encouraging way.
Today I thought he looked like he would explode and see Red. Needs to chill a bit and like the fans encourage and get behind the team.

A brilliant gate considering WBA at home and good to see a few away fans although I think they overdo the flags a bit. Was it one for every away fan?

A big three games next up. Looking forward to them. COME ON LADS believe you can do it.
Keep working hard and the goals will come.

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 22 Feb 2014, 20:20

Agreee with raiden post 100% defence solid , wingers could make us a frightening team , but need to show it . Don't think Tonks is a wide player , but Ford did play some nice football .
This time next month we will be back on top .
Our players not starting in the first 11 today , Kelly , Lait, Mckenzie, Gueyes , Penny , Pearson
They would walk into any other team in this league .

dc1508
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dc1508 » 22 Feb 2014, 23:23

piearce9 wrote:Nicely summarised from AVFC again.

I was impressed by Forde as he looked comfortable on the ball and was happy to pick a pass, which isn't an easy achievement given the condition of the pitch. However, considering he's new to the team (and arrived from Bedworth!), he could maybe chill out a little with his team-mates, and the ref. I don't think John would tolerate an attitude, but if he can cool it, then he could be a great addition for the run in.

Kristian was harshly overlooked for MOTM as he was immense today, and the header off the line was the best bit of defending I've seen at the Grove all season. What a signing he has been for us.

And just on an aside, where's Ross Clarke? Is it safe to bring your sisters out?

Ross is back at Boldmere St Michaels, your sisters are safe.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Feb 2014, 12:35

Very disappointing yesterday. The only entertainment was Trevor on the touchline.

As far as I can tell we only have two tactics. The long ball over the top to Ben or the long Tommy Tonks throw in to the box. You can only get so far playing like that and I think, although it is excellent, that the current league position flatters the team slightly.

Lait has to play as he is so much more creative than any other player in the squad. I am currently looking at the next three fixtures with trepidation rather than excitement

Chunkster
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Chunkster » 23 Feb 2014, 14:20

Re motm - Green was heavily in contention, but George had undue influence from his Grandad with his final choice.....

As for Forde - I have to agree with John C, not only did he moan all the time he was lucky not to get sent off when he kicked out in the 2nd half... Let's hope he settles... I was enjoying watching the Yeltz without having an angry man on the pitch