Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Feb 2014, 16:53

Full time: 0.0

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 22 Feb 2014, 17:28

The defence was solid again but it was a poor game. Neither team did enough to earn more than a draw and generally cancelled each other out. It was very 'up and under' from both teams and chances were few and far between. I would try Lait from the start next time to see if he offers the creativity we generally lacked today.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Feb 2014, 18:04

I beg to differ. A poor game? ??? Come on, it was end to end, played at a furious pace and chances at either end!
The best competitive game at The Grove this season - in my opinion.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 22 Feb 2014, 18:10

A real game of chess today but neither side could come out on top still one point is better than nothing. I do think it's important to stress that the players need to stick together through times like this and make sure that they are all pulling in the same direction and don't start arguing in among themselves any disruption to the team spirit is certainly not wanted at this stage of the season. I'm not normally one for criticising individuals and hate doing it but it might be wise for the management to have a quiet word with our most recent signing in order to ensure the team spirit is maintained. As I say not one for criticising players but today I felt it was a concern as we certainly don't want any loose cannons at this stage!

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 22 Feb 2014, 18:18

Wheels wrote:A real game of chess today but neither side could come out on top still one point is better than nothing. I do think it's important to stress that the players need to stick together through times like this and make sure that they are all pulling in the same direction and don't start arguing in among themselves any disruption to the team spirit is certainly not wanted at this stage of the season. I'm not normally one for criticising individuals and hate doing it but it might be wise for the management to have a quiet word with our most recent signing in order to ensure the team spirit is maintained. As I say not one for criticising players but today I felt it was a concern as we certainly don't want any loose cannons at this stage!
I have to agree with you about the team spirit / loose cannon Wheels - it is the first time I have seen him play so maybe wrong to form an opinion so early.
He just reminded me of a certain Aaron Cornwall about 5 years back.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 22 Feb 2014, 18:22

gingeryeltz wrote:
Wheels wrote:A real game of chess today but neither side could come out on top still one point is better than nothing. I do think it's important to stress that the players need to stick together through times like this and make sure that they are all pulling in the same direction and don't start arguing in among themselves any disruption to the team spirit is certainly not wanted at this stage of the season. I'm not normally one for criticising individuals and hate doing it but it might be wise for the management to have a quiet word with our most recent signing in order to ensure the team spirit is maintained. As I say not one for criticising players but today I felt it was a concern as we certainly don't want any loose cannons at this stage!
I have to agree with you about the team spirit / loose cannon Wheels - it is the first time I have seen him play so maybe wrong to form an opinion so early.
He just reminded me of a certain Aaron Cornwall about 5 years back.
my thoughts exactly!

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 22 Feb 2014, 18:38

I might be in the minority here but I actually enjoyed today's game , true there wasn't many chances but both teams tried to play football , Ben needs a goal and when it comes the floodgates will open , in the meantime the other lads need to step up like they did when Ben was out and take the pressure off him .
Halesowen have got 5 defenders that are the bravest and committed outside the football league ,
As for players upsetting the apple cart , I hope it's just passion and desire rather than anything else

Carlin
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Carlin » 22 Feb 2014, 18:45

as far as nil nil's go I thought this was a good game to watch. I can see what you mean about the new lad. but you've got to give him time to settle. one thing is you couldn't question his work rate, commitment, and he did look confident on the ball. just needs to chill out abit
Last edited by Carlin on 22 Feb 2014, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.