Goole Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Goole Updates

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 15 Feb 2014, 21:12

HalesowenHarry wrote:I so wanted it to be the pleasure dome, but I think that was sticking up behind the main stand ;D
As in http://www.gooleafc.com/photos/goole-af ... e=10536559

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Feb 2014, 09:28

I personally will give Seargent credit. I'm not a big fan of him but did what he had to do. Decent save from a first half free kick, second good save in the second half and the tip onto the bar that you mention AV. I personally thought it hit the bar without interception at the time, but I'll give him the credit of a great save.

At least 3 very good and important saves. Good on him.

The game itself was tight. Although the first half Goole barely threatened. The free kick as mentioned above and one or two wayward pot shots.

I felt we had the better of the chances, only just. Ben had a great chance early in the second half. Ditto Christie who did well to turn the defender and get in a shot from close range. We also had a number of shots that went just wide or over from the edge of the area. Turner, I believe also came close?

I still feel aggrieved at our disallowed goal right at the end. From my view it looked as though the keeper simply dropped the ball into the net with no contact from a Yeltz player. Strange decision.

Even if my eyes deceived me surely any contact was minimal and no foul play occurred.

When you consider the weather conditions, the fact support was scattered and not congregated behind the goal so we weren't able to encourage the players, the fact it was out first league game since mid January so undoubtedly rusty, and the fact we're struggling to get a bench together at this current time I would say it's a a very decent point.

Plenty more twists and turns left yet. Hopefully a good win Saturday against Chasetown to give us some momentum and confidence for the key 3 game spell that follows.

Ben hasn't scored since Brigg away (only 3 league games I know, but feels like an eternity!) so he's a due a scoring spree.

What better time to get a couple of hatricks and a few braces than the next four games?! :)

Finally, yet again the effort and commitment was there for all to see. Win,lose or draw this is the most important and pleasing aspect for me.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 16 Feb 2014, 15:43

All tried hard in difficult conditions. We did appear a bit rusty but we were missing Tonks the engine and Macka the precision passer.
Despite Macka named as sub it was only in spirit.

Goole is glum so no wonder Bloom couldn't be bothered to turn up.
Plenty of space around the stadium to land a helicopter!

Not a very friendly crowd.
Auld chap on the gate thought our following was only because we were top of the league. How mistaken was he.

A bunch of lads (11-13 yrs old maybe) were pleased when told they had pronounced Halesowen from the Coach parked inside the ground correctly.
Then when asked where is that? The answer of near Birmingham replied "you are from benefit street".
Then when a bit more explanation about being from the black country accused me of "being racist".
They then asked if we had a "white country".
I did get my own back when the tea hut gave me my pie and chips with one of the youths who had ordered just chips before me complaining as he had to wait.

I did notice on the way home the grammar school was boarded up.

Lets get down the Grove on Saturday and get behind the lads.