Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Cosford Friendly

Post by JohnC » 01 Feb 2014, 15:41

3 1 asa

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 01 Feb 2014, 15:47

Full time gud workout. Physios only on once. Raf offered us refreshments after match very kind. Good luck to the raf against the navy soon.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 01 Feb 2014, 15:54

Thanks for the updates :) Hopefully see you at Gresley.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 01 Feb 2014, 17:30

As John mentioned this proved to be a very useful work out. All of the players managed at least 45 minutes including Laity after his lengthy absence.

The conditions weren't great with a strong wind blowing diagonally across the pitch. The pitch was a little bumpy in places but considering the recent weather it was as good as we could expect.
We lined up 4-4-2 with Sam in goal, a back four of Green, Hull, Tilt, Charlton. Midfield - JMG, Ford, Turner and Grifiths with Isedyn and Ben up top. Both of Christie's goals were neatly taken after industrious work by Ben. Elliot Turner was spreading some great passes around the pitch from the centre of midfield and Griffiths and Charlton linked nicely down the left. Forde looked good I thought in the middle of the pitch, he looks to have a good engine on him a seems a cross between Tonks/MacKenzie.

The second half started with a number of changes with Green coming off and Hull moving to RB with Brendan taking up the CB role. Clarke and Mackenzie came into the middle for Forde and Turner. JMG came off for Tonks and Lait for Griffiths. Up top Penney came on for Christie.

Laity did well on his return although he did take an early knock on the top of his foot. Clarke made some nice passes as did Mackenzie in the middle. Tonksy did what Tonksy always does apart from one very fortunate unintentional pirouette.

The only slight concern was the injury to Tilt who had an ice pack on his hip after being clattered in an accidental collision with Brendan. It did look more precautionary though him coming off with only ten minutes left.

All in all, a very useful workout for the lads I thought. Thanks to the RAF folks for the half time tea and the kind offer of tea and sandwiches afterwards.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 01 Feb 2014, 20:19

andy wrote:.....Plate screwdriver tumblefish
Post of the week. V. funny Brother Avery.

I've been mumbling "tumblefish" under my breath all afternoon.

Award yourself an Evran.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Feb 2014, 17:19

YeltzDoc wrote:
andy wrote:.....Plate screwdriver tumblefish
Post of the week. V. funny Brother Avery.

I've been mumbling "tumblefish" under my breath all afternoon.

Award yourself an Evran.
Unbelievable!! The very day i am awarded an Evran and the website i get the smilies from has disappeared!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Feb 2014, 18:04

Although this comes close. I'll have one of these.