Rainworth updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Rainworth updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 18 Jan 2014, 19:52

andy wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:My MOM was Christie. I'm sure he's getting better every game?

Joe Hull and Tilt were cracking mind and Tilt deserved MOM, don't get me wrong. These two won everything that's thrown at them don't they? I seriously doubt there's a better centre back pairing in this league?

We deserved this win. Why? We battled. We rode their storm for 30 mins and hit them with a Tonks special.

I don't like seeing us bellow par but at the same.time I enjoy the scraping three points wins. It really is a sign of a good team.

Pearson wasn't called on.too much but made two really top saves in the first half. Glad to see him in goal.

Good win and we're where we deserve to be. Top of the league.

Fantastic.
I'm going to maintain we deserve every win from now on until the end of the season ;)

Joking aside thought we deserved it as such but weren't the better team. If that mayes sense.

God i wish i'd never used the word 'deserve'. ::)

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 18 Jan 2014, 20:22

Well done Halesowen Town , another 3 points and another hard working display . To be honest it was a shocker of a game , both teams struggled to get a grip and there was a lot of lumping , but our defence stood strong , Ben looked a bit sharper than Tuesday and Iits just a matter if time before he starts terrifying back fours again .
Goalkeepers , I'm not sure , I think Sargent has pulled off great saves as well as making mistakes , Pearson seems to give an air of confidence but his kicking ls not the best ,
Still top of the league , gates increasing Future looking very good Halesowen Town ,

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Jan 2014, 10:29

What is it with the obsession with 'keepers? He made one really poor kick, a couple of good saves and kept a clean sheet - on that showing perhaps he doesn't deserve his place?

Oh dear, I've used the D word! :o

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Jan 2014, 11:00

Forget the keepers situation. The quality of football will catch up with us eventually.
Still Stoke managed it for years......... And Wimbledon before them!!!

We're not that bad but we do play a certain type of percentage football knowing we have an amazing team spirit. I can't believe we'll win this thing, but then Romulus go and show that Coalville aren't totally consistent. They and Leek (more so) have a hell of a lot of away games to play. I've almost talked myself back into believing we might get into the play offs.......... do we deserve it though :D (thats a joke incase anyone bites............ 8) )

dmc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dmc » 19 Jan 2014, 13:38

after reading all the comment,s on here over the past few months i have decided to register to have my say.
first off i go to every game home and away and support the team 100% , I have got to laugh @ some of the posts on here about some of the players (these lads are not PROFESSIONALS ). do it for the love of the game. Michel is a good player when he is switched on,BUT needs some help to learn its not a 1 man team no need to try take on 3-4 players every time he get the ball it,s a team game PASS THE BALL, would help create more chances (hence more goal opportunity,s). Tom tonks for me he is 1 of the best player,s we have got ALWAYS give 110% every time upfront getting back to help out his defence. Not going to go through every player joe hull,Mackenzie, asa, curtis, Christie, hasley etc all good players. In my option penny don,t get enough play time he has lots to offer upfront. Where do i start with the goal keepers. Goal keeper is as good as his defence they cant save EVERY shot this is what gets me with the comments i see about them, when Evo was playing more times than i can remember he got slated for every goal conceded , lots of people shouting for pearson to get in instead of him what i heard from the supporters in the stands! next Sargeant personally i dont rate him as good enough for the team to much cock up,s more worried about trying to impress the fans with his silly showmanship, which has cost us VITAL POINT,S at this stage in the season for this may even cost us first place FACT!!!. This is what gets to me ,Pearson like i said above ppl shoutin for him to get a chance in goals which he has not REMEMBER he is a YOUNG up and coming keeper who has not played many games this season but when he has played he has showin great prospect and look forward to seeing much more of him in the future seems to me going by the previous post of the season it don,t matter who plays in goals they will be slated , it,s about time we started looking at the defence, if the defence done there job proper the keeper would not be put in such silly situations more often than not! Think pearson needs to be givin the opportunity to stay in goal as to my knowledge he as only made 1 error even that did not cost us the game. Lets cheers on the lads they need our support Good luck to them on Saturday away to market Drayton

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Jan 2014, 15:09

Not really sure how you can point the finger at the defence. In league matches we have conceded 27 goals from 27 games. Only Leek have conceded less, from 3 games fewer.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 19 Jan 2014, 15:28

Simons wrote:Not really sure how you can point the finger at the defence. In league matches we have conceded 27 goals from 27 games. Only Leek have conceded less, from 3 games fewer.
And Market Drayton have conceded the most........ Here's hoping!

dmc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dmc » 19 Jan 2014, 16:41

i am not pointing the finger at the defence they do very well all i was trying to say its not all down to the keeper all i hear every time we concede a goal its always the keepers fault

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Jan 2014, 16:57

I think our defence is as good as it has been in a long time, especially since Asa returned to the club. To me he looks as good (and strangely just as young!) as he did when he left 10 years ago.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Jan 2014, 17:41

dmc wrote:after reading all the comment,s on here over the past few months i have decided to register to have my say.
first off i go to every game home and away and support the team 100% , I have got to laugh @ some of the posts on here about some of the players (these lads are not PROFESSIONALS ). do it for the love of the game. Michel is a good player when he is switched on,BUT needs some help to learn its not a 1 man team no need to try take on 3-4 players every time he get the ball it,s a team game PASS THE BALL, would help create more chances (hence more goal opportunity,s). Tom tonks for me he is 1 of the best player,s we have got ALWAYS give 110% every time upfront getting back to help out his defence. Not going to go through every player joe hull,Mackenzie, asa, curtis, Christie, hasley etc all good players. In my option penny don,t get enough play time he has lots to offer upfront. Where do i start with the goal keepers. Goal keeper is as good as his defence they cant save EVERY shot this is what gets me with the comments i see about them, when Evo was playing more times than i can remember he got slated for every goal conceded , lots of people shouting for pearson to get in instead of him what i heard from the supporters in the stands! next Sargeant personally i dont rate him as good enough for the team to much cock up,s more worried about trying to impress the fans with his silly showmanship, which has cost us VITAL POINT,S at this stage in the season for this may even cost us first place FACT!!!. This is what gets to me ,Pearson like i said above ppl shoutin for him to get a chance in goals which he has not REMEMBER he is a YOUNG up and coming keeper who has not played many games this season but when he has played he has showin great prospect and look forward to seeing much more of him in the future seems to me going by the previous post of the season it don,t matter who plays in goals they will be slated , it,s about time we started looking at the defence, if the defence done there job proper the keeper would not be put in such silly situations more often than not! Think pearson needs to be givin the opportunity to stay in goal as to my knowledge he as only made 1 error even that did not cost us the game. Lets cheers on the lads they need our support Good luck to them on Saturday away to market Drayton
Maybe it's just me but I haven't heard anyone have a go at Sam Pearson?
To be honest, I don't think anyone has been over critical of the players with exception of Sargeant. People I feel, are usually fairly constructive in any criticisms of the team but in the main have, quite rightly, been very supportive of the management and team.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ