Coalville Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
gemma
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Coalville Updates

Post by gemma » 15 Jan 2014, 08:33

I actually thought Sargeant was one of our best players last night. Made some good saves, especially considering the awful conditions, one in particular from a free kick (of which we gave away too many) in the first half. Thought he was right to come out for the through ball that lead to the first penalty and that it was more down to the conditions than his judgement. Personally I think he handled well, kicked well, comunicated well and got his judgements right. As another post said he seems to have become the scapegoat as it's always easy to blame the keeper for everything. I was at Brigg and dont think he had any chance with the second goal which was right in the corner. I thought we were meant to be supporters - so I will give full backing to every player that wears the shirt and not come on here slagging any of them off - how is that meant to help? Why not try giving support instead of criticism! As to the game we should have changed ends first half - we won the toss and chose to kick into the driving rain, which meant for long periods we struggled to get the ball out of our own half. Coalville were quicker and sharper. Their first touch and passing was better and they won most of the first and second balls. Everytime they attacked they looked as though they might score. Our passing was woeful, giving the ball away often, and our attacks lacked bite. We had three chances, one in the first half when their keeper spilled a shot and we put the rebound straight back to him, then in the second half a header over the bar from a corner and Ben chipping the ball to their keepers hands from a long goal kick.
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.

We are Yeltzmen,
Super Yeltzmen,
We are Yeltzmen
From The Grove.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 15 Jan 2014, 09:48

It might have been a great philosopher (or even Dolly Parton) who said "if you want to reach the end of the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain". Boy did we all have some rain to put up with last night. No problem with attitudes and determination but blimey, they were just better than us almost everywhere last night. It happens and if memorably serves me, we got hammered by 3 goals less than last year! One to take on the chin and come back stronger, starting on Saturday.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 15 Jan 2014, 12:46

Just a thought but in horrendous conditions when the rain is blowing all over the pitch as well as the wind, aren't defenders more worried about the ball being played on the deck rather than the ease of heading a long ball away? If I was able to count using the whole teams fingers to add up how many times we launched it up field I'd still be a benchful short!!!
That criticism out of the way Coalville must be favourites to win this league they were the best side I've seen in the last few seasons at this level.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 15 Jan 2014, 13:00

Steve Glass wrote:One to take on the chin and come back stronger, starting on Saturday.
I agree. I suspect that Coalville are the best team in the league; bear in mind they haven't lost in the league since September and they've probabaly had their blip in December when they drew games they'd have expected to win.

Also other fancied teams have stuttered recently; Leek are having a leaner spell, Sutton had a poor spell in December, Scarborough have just lost 3 in a row having won 8 in a row up to mid-December.
Meanwhile others are gaining momentum - Newcastle have won 5 in a row, Mickleover have 4 wins and a draw in the last 5 games.

Still top, albeit having played more games than some of the others. So the challenge will be to start another run of form as quickly as possible.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 15 Jan 2014, 13:12

Yeah, five points clear in January I'll take that. And we were beaten by a very good team which is what I was trying to express before but sidelined myself with my rant on the keeper.
Onwards and upwards for Saturday against our friends Rainworth, let's bounce back to winning ways!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Jan 2014, 16:51

swipey wrote: I don't care about the stats or the stalwart fans who say he's better in the long run but Sergeant was an absolute prick tonight to the point where I'm in two minds whether to come down Saturday because I'll know he'll be in the first XI again.
He is LOSING US GAMES and when this is acknowledged I'll start coming down again.
Oh, just one fan but when I bring my cousin and sister down for the first time and am embarrassed by our keeper and we're spending £30 each the club is losing money.
I can only trust JH's judgement and at the very least have a word with our clown of a keeper.
Last night’s result – and performance – has obviously brought the expectation levels of some fans back to a more realistic level.
Last season saw us miss out, by goal difference, on a play-off place. I would dare to suggest that we are still in a strong position to surpass that, this time around.
The run that we were on had to end sometime, better it be against an excellent side than one of the lesser lights of the division.
Things never run smoothly in life, let alone in football and the proof of your strength is how you react to the adversity that inevitably comes after a run of seemingly endless success.

Yes, there are teams better than us but none, in my opinion, with a greater work ethic and team togetherness than HTFC. I agree that it is hard to accept that we couldn’t find the ability to match that of Coalville and we have to accept that this was a setback.
However, to castigate a particular player isn’t helpful and, furthermore, to say that his continued presence in the side is making you consider not coming to games is a little OTT, don’t you think?
Many of your previous posts have been full of your enthusiasm and pleasure that you have found in visiting The Grove. May I politely suggest that you turn out on Saturday and, like myself and many others,” take it on the chin” and get behind every man- jack selected for the team.

It ain’t over, yet

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Jan 2014, 19:01

Two words, REALITY CHECK. We are a good side, having a good season. Unfortunately we are currently in a position where we probably don't deserve to be and we are expecting the team to live up to that. Yes i know we've accumulated the points to be there but there are probably 3 far better equipped sides to win the league than us. And all 3 have already taken us to the cleaners. If we can finish in the play offs i think it will be a massive achievement and we will have to accept we may get a few more lessons yet.
I also agree with Swipey in respect of if a player is crap, we have every right to say so. We heap praise most of the time, but we pays our money and have a right to speak out when we feel something isn't right. Nobody in any walk of life lives in a cosy little fur lined bubble and players are no different. They put themselves in the spotlight looking for the punters to appreciate them so sometimes may have to accept negative reactions as well.
Anyhows, we're having a good season and i'm enjoying it!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 15 Jan 2014, 19:11

Nothing more to add, i just wanted to notch up the forums 11000th post. ;D

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 15 Jan 2014, 19:52

I'm pleased to see the common sense brigade has arrived in force today. Gemma is right to stick up for Sarge, as there were many other culprits on the pitch last night. The second penalty decision seemed just as clear cut, and there's nobody on here giving Curtis a hard time. I had a bit of a dig at Sargeant after his first game as he seemed to do a lot of time wasting, but there was nothing in his attitude last night that concerned me particularly.

Big game on Saturday. Will be there and looking forward to it. Up The Yeltz!

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 15 Jan 2014, 21:38

Pure and simple .We were outplayed by a much better side. To say that they wanted it more than us is rubbish, they were far better than us in every department.
Andy you have always been a glory hunter - keep your Georges to yourself Westy.