Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Brigg Updates

Post by rubens » 11 Jan 2014, 17:05

Thanks for keeping us updated , much appreciated ,

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Jan 2014, 17:08

Doc. came off the bench and did a great job! 8)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Jan 2014, 17:12

Dominated all bar the last 15 minutes. Tonks' sending off was always on the cards after such a daft yellow.
Keeper never really covered himself in glory. Jephcott has left, not sure why? No Penney, desperately short up top, i guess this might be why Ben played? Will update later when I get home...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 11 Jan 2014, 17:17

A safe journey home for our intrepid and brilliant away support!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 11 Jan 2014, 17:43

A draw isn't bad with Leek losing. The Coalville match looks a big one on Tuesday. Is Tonksy suspended for that? I know in Prem or Football League an automatic immediate ban would apply.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 11 Jan 2014, 19:28

I believe the suspension is usually 2 weeks after the offence.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 11 Jan 2014, 20:12

Simons wrote:I believe the suspension is usually 2 weeks after the offence.
That's good. I think his industry and energy will be needed.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Jan 2014, 20:46

Overall happy with a point considering Leek lost. Extended our lead at the top. Ben's back and back in the goals. So a lot of positives to be taken into Tuesday's match.

The match its self, First half we were in control. Tonks hitting the bar, throw ins causing problems as per and we deservedly took the lead! Their goal came out of no where, poor defending in the fact their player was allowed to run with the ball for some distance. We hit back with our first attack after conceding. Great work from Christie to set Ben up. Their GK treating the ball like a hot tato!

Second half we were very much in control of the game until Tonks' sending off. Very silly from him, I'm sure he'll be kicking himself.

Ultimately I feel that red card cost us the points as with 11 men out there we simply looked in control. However saying that I feel so disappointed in Sargeant from the role he played in the equalising goal. From where I was standing at the opposite end, the shot its self didn't look the cleanest ever struck, yet he simply made no effort to save it. No dive was offered.

I seldom criticise players individually on here, but the fact no attempt of effort was made to save that shot disappoints me, especially as the remaining 9 out field players gave their all for the last 15 minutes or so.

Disappointed at the way we conceded the goal, not only the lack of a save but also the ease of which their player was allowed to get space and a shot away.

Ah well it happens.

It's so good to see Ben back in a Yeltz shirt. Although, understandably, he wasn't going in for any headers and was more careful going into some challenges, but even a half fit Ben is still a danger. Great finish for the first and a poachers goal being in the right place at the right time.

Joe Hull was brilliant at the back for me, Griffiths and Gueyes provided good outlet on the wings. Christie was also very good.

Good point and more positives than negatives! Bring on Coalville!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Jan 2014, 20:47

Back an hour ago courtesy of JohnC's limo. - Many thanks.

We scored after some bloke with a dodgy eye scored ;-) then they managed to score with what looked like (from behind the goal at the other end) a 25 yard toe poke. We went up the other end almost immediately and scored after great tenacity by Isedyn who didn't allow the keeper to grab the ball. Ben found the net comfortably.
We never really looked in danger of losing to be honest until Tonksy got sent off. I can't really argue with the challenge to get him the second yellow, he went to ground, chasing back and caught their player. The original booking however looked very harsh, he was running back to his position when they were awarded a free kick, a player of theirs ran across/shoved Tonksy who fell into the path of the ball a few yards from where the original free kick was given. Some refs might have given him the benefit of the doubt, this one had had ten minutes of whinging from the home bench and I think gave it to shut them up.
Their equaliser came from a good run and finish that if I'm honest looked quite soft, I'm not sure if Seargant was unsighted or not but his positioning looked suspect.
All in all, we went up there four points clear, we come back five points clear and apart from Macca's injury we looked all the better for 90 minutes.

Talk before the game was that Jephcott might have left, I'm not sure where Penney was today but we missed his presence to come off the bench. I'm also told that potential players have chosen to go to clubs midtable in our division instead of joining Halesowen as they'll get a few quid more. If that is the case, good luck to them I'd rather have our boys play for the right reasons and not the money!

See you all on Tuesday!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Jan 2014, 21:22

"We are top of the league"

It is in our players hands (okay feet) and management we have a game to play against Leek, two against Coalville, 2 Belper and 1 Scarborough. No offence to other clubs but I think these will be the top 5 finishers.

All has been already said on here.
Great to see Ben back. I think all played well overall. Tonksy already on a yellow did not need to foul their player and get sent off. Maybe management need to take him off in future after a yellow, That cost us the win. At 2-1 up if Brigg pushed we looked dangerous for another to make it 3-1. When Tonks went off it was not only the Brigg wag who was excited the Brigg players woke up as well.

Did not really see enough of the new bloke Clarke. For those who moan about our flood lights come to the away games. The lights at Brigg were as bad as at Kidsgrove.

I would like to thank Brigg for the following-
Not allowing plastic cups with alcohol in the ground. With Josh and Rob on board I would have had to make more toilet stops on the way home. ;)
Only having two 14 year old girls manning there refreshments shed. Who knew how to turn the burnt pies upside down so you could not see the burnt bit. Cooked the burgers to order (6 minute wait), rang rent a pie for top up supplies and could add up without a calculator. Fair play to them.
Having one vocal support (wag) encouraging there team for last 20 mins of second half.

I did think it was bad how their "steward" holding the fans back at half time was verbally abusing the ref as he came off. Never seen that at Halesowen.

Positives
We added one more point today. Leek lost. Ben back. We were in control until down to 10 men.
We have Lait, Turner to regain fitness and make it back on the pitch.
Hopefully the coach driver who got lost (for the second year running) on the way there has found his way home.

COME ON GET DOWN THE GROVE TUESDAY NIGHT. A six pointer.