Loughboro Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Loughboro Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Dec 2013, 17:02

Top of the league for the New Year! Get in there!

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 28 Dec 2013, 17:25

Looking at the table I didn't realise Leek have played 13 at home and only 8 away. That makes it a bit closer than I realised.

Looking forward to 2014 very much!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 28 Dec 2013, 18:11

This is also the state of Leek's home pitch before today....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Dec 2013, 19:22

Just got back via John C's limo.

Another tough game, apart from a couple of corners and then the late penalty we never really looked in danger to be honest with Sarge having little to do. Whilst we ever really threatened a great deal either we did put away our two chances from mistakes by their keeper and defender really well. A nice strike by Penney and a very neat finish by Christie gave us the points. They had a great deal of territorial advantage in the second half but didn't match us in either penalty area where it matters most.
Tom Tonks is an absolute machine, the guys work rate is phenomenal. He got whacked a few times today and still kept running. Curtis' reading of the game was brilliant too today and Isedyn Christie once again led the front line brilliantly. Every player today truly played their part and when you take into consideration we had no Ben, Laity,Griff, Elliott or Jephcott we really were down to the bare bones but still they scrapped for the team.
A good following of Yeltz fans too today, in the bar pre game it was full of Halesowen fans. Let's hope we can get 450+ at home on New Years Day!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 28 Dec 2013, 19:37

A well deserved win today against a pretty poor boro side - at least their lads took the banter well.
The same cannot be said of their manager who at the end spat his dummy out - he then gave JohnC the option of sucking it (I presumed he meant the dummy) - sadly John did not hear his best offer of the year!

Great Limo service John O0

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Dec 2013, 20:01

Sad we didn't make it 4 clean sheets in a row away from home. That would have been a great achievement. Pleased with the game. Better side for 60-65mins. Then sat back. Understandibly. Yet another job done.

Up the Yeltz.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 28 Dec 2013, 22:05

gingeryeltz wrote:their manager who at the end spat his dummy out - he then gave JohnC the option of sucking it !
Good job I am half deaf I would have blushed. Wonder what their dressing room atmosphere is like.

A great job by ALL again. Having to play two days after the last match when most leagues have opted to play Sunday instead. The lads did well, battled well and got the goals and the three points. Come on 2013/14 our season if we keep working hard.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 30 Dec 2013, 09:33

Hey Raiden, how about bringing the g/f to the Chasetown game?
They do a good line in teddies in the club shop and maybe you could push the boat and and buy her a Batham's as well?
Cheers for the Limo lift JohnC - btw you may wish to check your front near side tyre as I forgot to mention that their was a funny noise coming from it.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 30 Dec 2013, 09:34

[quote="JohnC"][quote="gingeryeltz"]their manager who at the end spat his dummy out - he then gave JohnC the option of sucking it !

I would like to add that this reaction came from my simple comment "it was the first time in 90 minutes we had not heard the loughborough bench moaning" as they walked off.

I must correct myself and say that it was 89 minutes. As they did not moan when given the penalty and scored which is the only way they would have scored if we were still playing now.