Eastwood Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Eastwood Updates

Post by old git » 26 Dec 2013, 20:32

in fairness that was a far more professional performance than has been given credit for...2 0 up in 7 minutes...another game in 48 hours time... so the other 83 minutes were played at a training session pace. Eastwood wouldn't have scored if we had still been playing now, and the only scare was when the ref stopped it for 5 minutes because of the worsening fog. Thankfully he was persuaded by our bench to try changing their kit from the almost total Black, and it proved to be a great decision, especially as 5 minutes later the frog magically lifted. :)

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 26 Dec 2013, 20:36

I totally agree- I think we spent 80 minutes conserving energy!
A truly 'professional' performance!

We done to John, Trevor and all the team!!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Dec 2013, 23:30

Johnny Bud wrote:I totally agree- I think we spent 80 minutes conserving energy!
A truly 'professional' performance!

We done to John, Trevor and all the team!!
I always like to read your viewpoint of the game Mr.Bud, it seems as though the strategy was very different today in the sense that recently we've been happy to keep it 0-0 and try and nick a goal in the last 20 minutes. However, today they were clearly told to win the game in the first 20 minutes.

Easy on the Villa comments though eh? ;-)
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 27 Dec 2013, 11:25

Agree with you Mr Old Git. Two goals up in eight minutes against a very poor side, we treated the rest of the match as a training exercise and our only threat was the foggy weather.