Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sheffield Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 21 Dec 2013, 16:49

Full time: Halesowen Town 3 - Sheffield 0

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 21 Dec 2013, 17:23

Top of the table and ten straight home League wins - front page news for the News and Chronicle next week ? We shall wait and see....

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 21 Dec 2013, 17:23

A comfortable win by a Yeltz side full of confidence. A resolute defence and an attack brilliantly led by MOM Christie.
Tom Tonks was a strong contender for MOM with his long throws and a work rate that defies belief. An all round team performance where it is probably unfair to pick out two names when every man gave it 100% - it was difficult to find a weakness!

Carlton and Scarborough both lost, so not a bad day! Merry Christmas, everyone!

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 21 Dec 2013, 18:02

Top of the league 3 clean sheets and the hardest working team I have seen in many years of watching football,
it would be unfair to single out individuals, what a great team performance , shouting at each other organising and encouraging each other, this team might not play some teams off the park , but they wont roll over for anyone, and today I thought they did play some nice stuff and played with confidence.
shame Asa picked up a booking, does this mean he will miss a couple of games ? but, when you have someone like Brendon to slot in, Halesowen are going to be one hard defence to break down.
At the forum, it was mentioned some teams will try and bring in players for a promotion push , I sincerely hope they stay away from our lads, but from what I have heard this team are committed to sticking together and doing everything they can to gain promotion.
merry Christmas to EVERYONE connected with Halesowen Town ,

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Dec 2013, 18:28

So with barra brith bread, barra brith cake and sausage rolls from Owen, delicious christmas cake courtesy of Rogs' wife and mince pies from my good self we were set for a good afternoon. And good it was! These lads we have now certainly know how to put a shift in. It may not be the most talented team we have seen at The Grove but it's looking like one of the hardest to beat. Full credit to each and every one of them. Leek may have all the games in hand but WE are the festive fairy, TOP OF THE TREE AT CHRISTMAS.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 21 Dec 2013, 18:55

Good three points today. Well done to ALL.

Merry Christmas and see you all at Loughborough.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 21 Dec 2013, 20:37

Good performance, great result and a very good crowd just before Christmas. Only one more person attended the 5 games at Brigg, Market Drayton, Newcastle , Rainworth and Romulus combined, than at the Grove today.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 21 Dec 2013, 21:17

Another really solid, professional performance today from the lads. If we can keep getting these clean sheets we will always create chances. Tonksy's throw is a nightmare to defend and I think that's something like 8 out of the last 10 games where we've scored from it. Throw ins aside, I thought Tonksy once again was outstanding today. The guy is an absolute machine. Just as Isedyn has stepped up to the responsibility of replacing Ben's quality upfront I think Tonksy has also found another gear to have Ben's energy in the middle of the pitch. With Jinna and Jephcott fighting for the central midfield position with Macca we really are blessed in the middle of the pitch.
Credit today to the back 5 (including Sargeant) for yet another clean sheet too.
Christie just edged the man of the match I would imagine, but goals aside as you can see his fitness improving so is his quality. He has a great football brain and his experience is really helpful to us. A truly superb signing.

Finally, a good crowd today too on the Saturday before Christmas, well done Yeltz fans! We've got to the top of the league and should naturally enjoy it. Staying there will be harder though so keep the support going for the lads.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ