Sutton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Updates

Post by old git » 14 Dec 2013, 21:35

Yes it was a nailed on red as he stamped him on the back (twice) and threw a punch as well.

What we couldn't see for the second red was what all the theatrics on their bench and behind it were all about. Can anybody enlighten us ?

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Dec 2013, 22:26

Great result. Disciplined result.

Nice to see the tables laid out to give our lads a three course meal after the match. ;)

Good away following.

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells Halesowen all the way oh what fun it was for us to beat Sutton today. Hey.

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 15 Dec 2013, 08:01

Sutton bench completely lost it - abused the officials and also fans - to be fair I don't know what was said to them but you just can't react like that. Then the big bald bloke In The suit (don't know if club official or not) started swearing at someone In The stand and then made to run up there - had to be restrained. Pathetic really and to me showed where the lack of discipline in the pitch may be coming from!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 15 Dec 2013, 08:14

I think they were upset about us drinking all their beer ;-)
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 15 Dec 2013, 10:47

So be honest the behaviour of the Sutton team left a sour taste after the match as both dismissals were totally unnecessary. What was worse is the fact that for both incidents the entire Sutton team found it acceptable to surround the officials and harangue them.

If It was one of our players I would be more angry at the players for their stupidity rather than the match officials who were left with absolutely no alternative (although for the first one, it was probably the intervention of the linesman who belatedly ran the full width of the pitch who tipped the balance)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Dec 2013, 11:09

let us for once give the match officials the praise they deserve for dealing with a very volatile situation. I thought they were exemplary .

(Can't believe I've said that :o )

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Dec 2013, 11:50

The officials did what they had to. Sutton players gave them no choice.

I wondered if after the two sending offs if they were trying for even more to have the match called off.

What was the number of sendng offs one team needs for a match to be called off.

Hopefully a report will be sent to the league about the Sutton players, Sutton bench and the bald thug.
He didn't even arrive before the kick off. Turned up during the first half and not being baldest he did look and act like a thug by swaggering from the car into the club house. Perhaps AVFC had drank all his beer which is why he was upset.

Anyone would have thought it was a play off final.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/suttoncol ... 16885.html

We are the first team around them in the top 6 to beat them. To do it where they have the advantage on the carpet fantastic.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 15 Dec 2013, 12:28

JohnC wrote:
What was the number of sendng offs one team needs for a match to be called off.
No match can start - or continue - if either side has less than seven players. I think!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 15 Dec 2013, 16:22

The bald bloke in the suit looked and acted like a descendant of the Peaky Blinders ;)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 15 Dec 2013, 17:14

Sutton were absolutely farcical for the last 10-15 mins. That tackle on Tonks was a disgrace. Says a lot about the lad, Tonks, that he carried on after that. Could have been so much worse.