Sutton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Dec 2013, 18:38

I'm absolutely buzzing. Two games of football away from home in the matter of a few days on a bloody awful pitch against two very awkward opponents and 6pts is outstanding.
Neither this game, or the game against Romulus on Monday were pretty on the eye but once again a game plan has been executed by the manager and coaches to perfection. We limited them to very few chances, kept it tight and nicked the goal again from Captain Fantastic.
There will not be many teams who will pick up 6 points this season from their two away games on that pitch. Credit must go to the manager and coaches who are getting every last drop of effort from the players. The players themselves also for their hard work, effort and disciplined efforts today. It would be unfair to mention individuals today such was the superb team effort.Hopefully no complacency on Saturday!
Finally, a great travelling support for the boys too, hopefully the numbers can increase home and away because this team deserve every bit of support they can get. If all we have to moan about is having three quality keepers we must be going in the right direction...see you at the forum on Tuesday! Hopefully with a great ovation for the Gaffer who is doing a brilliant job.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 14 Dec 2013, 18:41

Haven't been to the last few games due to being on short time at work.

What a fantastic result. A draw wouldn't have been a bad result today but to get all 3 really puts us in a good position. Well done John and the boys, keep up the superb work ! Hopefully I will be there next week all being well.

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 14 Dec 2013, 18:45

Another brilliant result, both defences far stronger than either forward line, neither team looked like scoring , probably 4 shots altogether off both teams all match. but another battling performance , and to pick out a few players,
Mckenzie can play some nice football at times, and I thought today he calmed things down and tried to pick a pass out ,
Tonks must get sick and tired of getting kicked from one end of the pitch to another, but what a brave young player
sargent had one thing to do and did it very well tipping it round the post at full stretch , excellent concentration.
Hull for being in the right place at the right time again !
Tilt was outstanding today never lost a thing, rock solid, and my M.O.M
But one player that I think is very underrated and is 8 out of 10 every game I have watched him, is our right back Green, apart from the odd stray pass he has been outstanding this season, no winger has got the better of him , he covers well and is a threat going forward,
well done again Halesowen players management and fans , other teams must be looking at us and Scarborough and thinking we are the 2 teams to worry about,
if Mr Hill is reading this can I suggest he asks the board for an extra £500 pw to pay for Brian Hughes wages and guarantee us promotion

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Dec 2013, 19:09

To be honest, we have no 'superstars' or 'Billy Big Bollocks' in the squad on big money. Nor would I want there to be. If Brian Hughes came here on the same money as the others then fine, but no way should the gaffer be upsetting the applecart by bringing in someone who could cause unrest. Just an opinion of course.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Dec 2013, 19:10

All has been said really. To take six points off that giant plastic rug is quite something. Another poor, poor spectacle but the battling qualities and discipline merited the three points. Suttons discipline on the other hand, ouch! Was it 2 straight reds AND 3 other yellows after we scored? If we can keep grinding out results like this until Ben returns we are going to be in with a great chance. Leek will have to hit a bad patch at some point. Keep it up boys!

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 14 Dec 2013, 19:31

Fair comment AVFCYELTZ ,

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 14 Dec 2013, 19:43

Mission accomplished.

Game plan was clear, keep it tight and nick one. If we harbour ambitions of going up then days like today are necessary. Thought their first red was a bit harsh but then they completely lost it and the game was ours.

Brilliant support today, great to see us take so many over there. Little un loved it, albeit spending most of the first half throwing leaves at me! Thanks to everyone who said hello to him in the club house and the ground, he now has a 100% away record.

To top it off, as we got off the train at Rowley, a Wolves fan asked me how we'd got on, told him and his response was "you had a better day than me then", made me smile. Roll on next week.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Dec 2013, 19:51

That first red was nailed on. I was 2 yards away. He stamped on him after the tackle.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 14 Dec 2013, 19:58

Andy, fair comment. I was a good 20 yards away and didn't see the stamp. Arsene Wenger eat your heart out!

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 14 Dec 2013, 21:16

Andy, likewise being only a couple of yards away I would agree, however I would say the reason was he punched Christie in the melee. Christie just rubbed his own jaw and walked away.