Roms Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Roms Updates

Post by juanillo » 09 Dec 2013, 21:57

Great result again even if it was not a great performance. Hopefully good practice for a tough assignment on Saturday.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 09 Dec 2013, 22:25

Attendance: 151. 100 of ours?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Dec 2013, 22:39

Just got back, (thanks to JohnC for the lift) A really tough game, a game where the chances were few and far between. I thought we looked very organised, very disciplined, and as always with John Hill's Halesowen team very hard working.
Sam Pearson I thought was outstanding, not because he had to make save after save, but because his decision making, positioning and collection of crosses was brilliant. The save he had to make at the death showed how he kept his concentration levels high. Tonksy (as ever) worked his gonads off but I thought the introduction of Mecca helped us late on retain the ball better at a key time of the game. I thought it was brilliant how we finished the stronger on their plastic.
When we took off Patterson and Christie it may have come across to some (including me) that we were settling for a point, but credit once again to the gaffer as we went on to score twice afterwards.
Credit to all the lads and management for the result tonight, there won't be many sides getting 6points off Romulus this season. 3 more on Saturday at the same place against Sutton would be brilliant!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 09 Dec 2013, 23:20

Brilliant night out.

Such a satisfying win when there was an obvious game plan to firstly secure the point, keep it tight and hope to nick the win. Spot on from the management.

Credit to the players for restricting them on chances. Work rate, effort and love for playing for us won us that game.

Pearson man of the match for me. So commanding. I know I say Romulus didn't have many chances but I do believe Pearson was great tonight. Must have gave the back four confidence.

While we didn't look like scoring neither did they. A very very solid game for us.

Brilliant stuff.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 09 Dec 2013, 23:58

Great result. Well done all.

Crowd down to Yeltz fans turn out.

Was Aaron's a shot or a cross. "oh no it wasn't"," oh yes it was" "behind you keeper". If only their keeper had stayed on the line.
Think Roms where stuck in the ball room dancing in the function room 1 2 3, 1 2 3.

A good goal from Joe Hull.

Pearson fantastic.

With these results we won't have any questions for John Hull at the fans forum.

I would like to see MORE Yeltz fans there on Saturday. COME ON get behind the lads.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 10 Dec 2013, 08:59

A real top, top defensive effort last night. Brendan Kelly slipped back into the back four without any problems as John Hill changed the side from Saturday. Asa was immense, although he took a booking for the team and is now one yellow card away from a two game ban (9 yellows this season). Could do without him getting one Saturday so we don't miss him over the tough games coming up.
Pearson didn't have a lot to do with the strong defense in front of him, I think I counted one chance the whole of the first half, their bloke missing an easy header. Second half following another easier headed miss by them we really came into the game, although you couldn't have guessed we'd score two late goals. Brave decision to sub the two forwards, but Penney and Macca were excellent and gave their defence something to worry about.
As for the goals, the first was a great free kick by Macca and another good header from Joe Hull. The second, no doubt Aaron will say he meant it, but I think it was more a cross........ they all count though. Terrific. I think Sutton will be a tougher proposition but we're such a battling side if we can do that again Saturday I'll take it.
What a strange surface though..........

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 10 Dec 2013, 10:18

Great result although not a lot of quality football , but still 3 points. Agree with battling performance , Tonks ran himself into the ground , Joe Hull up for every throw in as well as set pieces .
Back 4 rock solid again , my M. O . M Brendon Kelly , well done Halesowen town , players management and fans , great support , looking forward to Saturday , no team in this league is as strong as us in the air but I would love us to get it down and play , we take teams apart very quickly when we. do.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Dec 2013, 10:44

I think it would be difficult to compete Saturday if we tried to play it on the ground against good opposition who know that surface inside out.

What's the weather going to be like Saturday? Will be even more difficult to play football on if it's raining cats and dogs!

I understood the thinking in playing Gina left midfield last night, however he's a bit wasted out wide. I presume this was to make us more defensive and more difficult to break down. It worked! However I'd put him back in the middle Saturday alongside Tonks and let those two hassle the Sutton midfield.

Also two lads with a massive engine, so could run up and down all day in the middle.

If it was me in charge I'd be looking to set up much the same but maybe include more pace on the wings line up for EG:

1. Pearson
2. Green
3. Charlton
4. Martin
5. Hull
6. Tilt (Kelly didn't do nothing, just rate Tilt highly!)
7. Gueyes
8. Tonks
9. Christie
10. Patterson
11. Jephcottt.

I believe we should set up much the same; i.e make sure we keep a clean sheet and come away with a point first and foremost. But I'd like to see a more positive style too. Hence pace for the counter attack comments. I accept and understand if we were to be more attacking then this would probably sacrifice the solid nature of our set up.

But I believe we could gain a real advantage by using the slick nature of the pitch and the conditions to produce more swift counter attacks. Get the ball out wide to Gueyes, Jephcott or even Griffiths get the crosses in for Christie / Tonks and Martin to attack. Bang! Goals! Easier said than done, I know!

Just my thoughts. I'm sure what ever John Hill does it will work and be the right tactical choice! :)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 10 Dec 2013, 16:28

For me it spoke volumes last night for the spirit of this squad when Paul Evans and Ben Haseley stood behind the goal both halves.
Ben, in particular looked like a caged animal, and it's pretty obvious he would like to be the other side of the fence.

1 up to us on the plastic........oh how good it would be to make it 2 on Saturday :)

ginger dynamo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ginger dynamo » 10 Dec 2013, 16:35

old git wrote:For me it spoke volumes last night for the spirit of this squad when Paul Evans and Ben Haseley stood behind the goal both halves.
Ben, in particular looked like a caged animal, and it's pretty obvious he would like to be the other side of the fence.
Did Ben happen to mention how his injury is progressing or how much longer he’d be out for?