Mickleover Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Nov 2013, 21:59

A really tough game, just as expected. The penalty that Isedyn scored was very fortunate in my view, had it have been given against us we would have been slating another poor referee making a dreadful decision. The vociferous supporters behind the goal I think helped him make decision in our favour.
Behind the dug out we had some great sport with their coach, when Tonksy got took out in the first half he was claiming it was "50/50" so of course we had fun reminding him of this ridiculous comment when decisions where given in our favour. How we laughed at the penalty when he started throwing his hat, gloves and coat into the dug out.
As for the game itself, it was a game of few chances really with two evenly matched teams. I thought Isedyn was outstanding upfront, of course he tired in the last 20 minutes but his experience was vital today. He held the ball up well, passed intelligently and was also very vocal in encouraging, supporting and guiding his team mates. An excellent choice for man of the match. Joe Hull scored once again with a trademark header to round off another impressive performance to really knock the wind out of their sales.
Defensively, we looked pretty solid I thought, even in the last 20 minutes when they went 3 up top with their big number 14 coming on we did just enough to keep them at bay. The penalty wasn't argued about too much by our lads so I guess it was a penalty and it certainly gave them a lift and something to go for in the remaining minutes.
When Penney (who ran his plums off yet again) came off injured we looked a little disorganised I thought for a few minutes and it left a tiring Christie even more isolated. In fairness, I'm not sure what else the gaffer could have done. With Ben out for a few more weeks I think we might see a few more of these tight performances, but as ever the lads did us proud with another performance of great spirit, desire and attitude. Fully deserving of being applauded off the pitch at the end.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 30 Nov 2013, 23:25

Yeah, a nervy ending where we were playing 3-5-1 at one point.
Three points is three points though, back up to second!
Deliberately put mayo on my chips in front of ZeeZee where he pulled me to one side to 'have a word' about said condiment.

Another great day at The Grove.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 01 Dec 2013, 08:04

3-5-1 Swipey? That's only 9 outfield players?

Did I miss a sending off?

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 01 Dec 2013, 08:33

Battered! Typo!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 01 Dec 2013, 08:37

So was it 4-5-1, 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 Swipey? ;)

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Dec 2013, 08:50

Johnny Bud wrote:So was it 4-5-1, 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 Swipey? ;)
9 0 1 for the last ten minutes ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Dec 2013, 12:33

AVFCYELTZ wrote:A really tough game, just as expected. The penalty that Isedyn scored was very fortunate in my view, had it have been given against us we would have been slating another poor referee making a dreadful decision. The vociferous supporters behind the goal I think helped him make decision in our favour.
Behind the dug out we had some great sport with their coach, when Tonksy got took out in the first half he was claiming it was "50/50" so of course we had fun reminding him of this ridiculous comment when decisions where given in our favour. How we laughed at the penalty when he started throwing his hat, gloves and coat into the dug out.
As for the game itself, it was a game of few chances really with two evenly matched teams. I thought Isedyn was outstanding upfront, of course he tired in the last 20 minutes but his experience was vital today. He held the ball up well, passed intelligently and was also very vocal in encouraging, supporting and guiding his team mates. An excellent choice for man of the match. Joe Hull scored once again with a trademark header to round off another impressive performance to really knock the wind out of their sales.
Defensively, we looked pretty solid I thought, even in the last 20 minutes when they went 3 up top with their big number 14 coming on we did just enough to keep them at bay. The penalty wasn't argued about too much by our lads so I guess it was a penalty and it certainly gave them a lift and something to go for in the remaining minutes.
When Penney (who ran his plums off yet again) came off injured we looked a little disorganised I thought for a few minutes and it left a tiring Christie even more isolated. In fairness, I'm not sure what else the gaffer could have done. With Ben out for a few more weeks I think we might see a few more of these tight performances, but as ever the lads did us proud with another performance of great spirit, desire and attitude. Fully deserving of being applauded off the pitch at the end.
Nah, that didn't rhyme.....

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 01 Dec 2013, 13:52

andy wrote:Nah, that didn't rhyme.....
Alas AVFC the man,
His last post didn't scan,
If you want your match report to rhyme,
It must be Andy every time
When you want a fishy pun,
That Andy A, he's the one

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 01 Dec 2013, 15:32

I have been watching Halesowen this season, and thought I would join in the fun on the forum,
great start , but without Lait on the right and Ben ,its a case of grinding out results, which the team has done very well through hard work and determination.
thought ASA was excellent yesterday, never lost a header , and a real solid performance.
Christie held the ball up so well, and was a real handful for their defence,
Penny never stopped and its just a matter of time before he starts getting his rewards,
Goalkeepers seem to be a talking topic , I wouldn't be concerned if Mr Hill had picked any one of the 3 who have played this season, they have all made bad errors of judgement but equally saved us at some point, like yesterday with a great tip onto the post
if any team leave Hull unmarked on a set piece there is only going to be one outcome.
to end on a positive , when we get back to full strength if we go a couple of goals up and Gueyes ,Ben , Tonks all hit form some team are in for a cricket score.
Halesowen WILL get promoted this season, the support is there , the gaffer can find a player , the team spirit is excellent

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 01 Dec 2013, 17:03

A good result and a better rhyme on here but for me a poor first half followed by an even worse second. Worrying that when you take away people who can chase long balls hoofed up front and our great long thrower, we offered very little. I agree with the comment about just defending deeply. To have no one in their half or offering an attacking threat to keep them occupied during most of the last half hour, was really poor.
Accept we are playing with players recovering but this time disagreed with the tactics - we are better than resorting to negative stuff like this. Hope for better next time.....please?