Scarborough (at Bridlington)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Scarborough (at Bridlington)

Post by HalesowenHarry » 23 Nov 2013, 17:03

MaltonSeadog wrote:
HalesowenHarry wrote: Add the 4 or 5 lads who are injured and we have a much better chance. Quick note, Scarborough's budget circa £5,000 a week, Halesowen's £1,000.............

Just saying....... ;D
I'll have some of what you're taking.

If you think our budget is £5,000 a week, you're probably only about £4,000 out.

I thought we'd escaped all this 'moneybags Scarborough' nonsense when we got promoted from the NCEL. We didn't even have the biggest budget in the NCEL, let alone in this league.

Please tell me that 'HalesowenHarry' has previous, Yeltz fans...
Apparently I'm one of a kind...... That's quite a difference from 5k down to 1k, so fair play if that's what your lot are on.

How much do you pay to use Bridlington's facilities over a season?

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 23 Nov 2013, 17:08

HalesowenHarry wrote:
gingeryeltz wrote: Ben is out until January - Colin told me.
we're not all lucky enough to make every single match, so pardon my ignorance.
That's a bit of a blow, I'm sure Hill will have something up his sleeve for someone to come in.
Yes I remember it being difficult attending every match a few years back - like your issue I guess, children need looking after don't they!
John will sort it - Hill not JohnC!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Nov 2013, 17:09

Irrespective of budgets, everybody knows that Macca and JMG were injured, the only outfield options we had today were two promising young lads from the youth team. I don't think that really helps us a great deal, especially when we're juggling three goalkeepers.
With no Lait, Ben, Macca, Penney and Ginna we we're really down to bare bones, add to that Meach who is no longer playing. Having to rely on two young lads is unfair on them. Yes, they're strong enough to fill the bench and be given time on the pitch sporadically but should we have to rely on them? If Lait, Macca, JMG and Ben are to be out for a significant time I'd like to see another face arrive, especially with Turners impending suspension.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 23 Nov 2013, 17:32

AVFCYELTZ wrote:Too many players unavailable or injured today. It is crazy though we have 3 goalkeepers and only outfield youth players on the bench.
J Hill has failed to get 5 on the bench last few games will he be able to bring quality in for Ben for a few weeks?
Well I hate to say I told you all so, but I did a couple of weeks ago and got pilloried, lambasted and ridiculed for it. Just saying.

Perhaps our new talisman, Westy was not present. That could explain our defeat

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 24 Nov 2013, 05:54

Top day out and nice to see a few fans had set out the day before and stopped over.
Weird game, Christie would have put his chances away any other day and we'd have been 4-0 up at half time.
Our penalty was soft, their free kick was in the box. When Jephcott hit the post when we were still 1-0 up after 50 minutes the dynamic of the game changed and our midfield… well, there was none.
Our fans were livid with Sargeant and rightly so. I defended him on here a while back but he has single-handedly cost us to my mind 3 games with his antics.

Would like to comment on Bridlington which easily has the best ground, pitch and noisiest supporters and I got talking to a couple of fans who were welcoming.

Bagsy not driving next year!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 24 Nov 2013, 09:38

Make no mistake if they are in our league I will be going especially if it's on an August bank holiday and I certainly won't be driving ! Sounded like a great day if a lot frustrating on the pitch.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 24 Nov 2013, 11:09

swipey wrote:
Would like to comment on Bridlington which easily has the best ground, pitch and noisiest supporters and I got talking to a couple of fans who were welcoming
And fish and chips from shop opposite the ground that were some of the best I've ever had and where there were fans equally as welcoming.
Good day out apart from the last 30 minutes of the match, which were a capitulation that was to be later matched by our cricketers......

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 24 Nov 2013, 21:26

gemma
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gemma » 25 Nov 2013, 09:17

Game should have been won by half time. Griffiths through with just the keeper to beat and players to pass to - missed; Christie through 3 times with just the keeper to beat and players to pass time - missed 3 times, Jephcott through with just the keeper to beat and players to pass to - missed. All we had to show for this was a dubious penalty. For me, this is where we lost the game. Should have been at least 4 up at half time. Second half we just never came out. The equaliser had been coming for a long time. Player ran through a number of poor challenges to score. Second goal whipped in from a free kick. Third goal from a penalty which I thought wasn't. Seemed like the ref was trying to even things up. Don't see how you can blame the keeper for our forwards missing so many chances. Shows how much we need Ben. Swipey - how can Sergent have cost os3 games? Played 4 won 2, lost 2. Don't agree with him winding up the crowd but don't blame hime for the goals. First one we should have tackled better, second from a free kick - watching Cardiff Man U yesterday and Cardiff keeper managed to save a similar one - Gary Neville commented keeper had no right to be able to save it - if thats in premiership why expect a keeper at our level to do better? Sergent made a great save in first half. Has also made great saves against Kidsgrove and Newcastle. Only goal I would blame hom for is first one at Newcastle. There are a lot of fans that think Evans should play no matter what. When John H brought Coleman in he was hardky given a chance by some fans. Seems the same is happening with Sergent. It takes time to adjust to different leagues (even when coming from a higher league). By all accounts he's a quality keeper so lets get off his back and make him feel welcome. If he reads the comments on here no wonder it won't help! Look at Szechny at arsenal and De Gea at Man U. Both had poor spells when they first arrived but their clubs and fans stuck with them and now they are two of the best keepers in the premier league. Lets back John H's judgement here and give the keeper a chance to settle in. What we desperatley need is another forward who can score goals, especially if Ben is out for a few more weeks. Lets all turn up on saturday and give ALL the team our support. Onwards and upwards!
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
No one likes us,
We don't care.

We are Yeltzmen,
Super Yeltzmen,
We are Yeltzmen
From The Grove.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Nov 2013, 11:18

Didn't go Saturday so not going to comment on the actual game. What I will say is how 'un-pi$$ed off' I am at the team for losing.

If this was last year and if this was Albion losing an away game I'd be seething, it would ruin my weekend.

However as disappointed and annoyed as I was reading the updates and throwing a 1 goal lead away I just know it wasn't for lack of effort or commitment.

This to me makes a massive difference. I know the players are playing for the love of the game and will always give their all. As long as this occurs I'll support the team always.

Disappointing yes, but it happens. Roll on Saturday where I'm sure we'll bounce back. Like we have been doing all season after a set back.

Loving my first proper and full season following the Yeltz weekly.

So much better than the top flight.