Scarborough (at Bridlington)

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Scarborough (at Bridlington)

Post by old git » 25 Nov 2013, 11:25

Given the number of injuries we have, and have had, since the start of the season I think it is a small miracle to be where we are. Too many people think the club has resources that mean Mr Hill can perform miracles and bring in players with a snap of his fingers.
Lets remember who we are and where we are. JH is a manger and not a magician.

Sccmkcyr
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Sccmkcyr » 25 Nov 2013, 13:51

gemma wrote:Game should have been won by half time. Griffiths through with just the keeper to beat and players to pass to - missed; Christie through 3 times with just the keeper to beat and players to pass time - missed 3 times, Jephcott through with just the keeper to beat and players to pass to - missed. All we had to show for this was a dubious penalty. For me, this is where we lost the game. Should have been at least 4 up at half time. Second half we just never came out. The equaliser had been coming for a long time. Player ran through a number of poor challenges to score. Second goal whipped in from a free kick. Third goal from a penalty which I thought wasn't. Seemed like the ref was trying to even things up. Don't see how you can blame the keeper for our forwards missing so many chances. Shows how much we need Ben. Swipey - how can Sergent have cost os3 games? Played 4 won 2, lost 2. Don't agree with him winding up the crowd but don't blame hime for the goals. First one we should have tackled better, second from a free kick - watching Cardiff Man U yesterday and Cardiff keeper managed to save a similar one - Gary Neville commented keeper had no right to be able to save it - if thats in premiership why expect a keeper at our level to do better? Sergent made a great save in first half. Has also made great saves against Kidsgrove and Newcastle. Only goal I would blame hom for is first one at Newcastle. There are a lot of fans that think Evans should play no matter what. When John H brought Coleman in he was hardky given a chance by some fans. Seems the same is happening with Sergent. It takes time to adjust to different leagues (even when coming from a higher league). By all accounts he's a quality keeper so lets get off his back and make him feel welcome. If he reads the comments on here no wonder it won't help! Look at Szechny at arsenal and De Gea at Man U. Both had poor spells when they first arrived but their clubs and fans stuck with them and now they are two of the best keepers in the premier league. Lets back John H's judgement here and give the keeper a chance to settle in. What we desperatley need is another forward who can score goals, especially if Ben is out for a few more weeks. Lets all turn up on saturday and give ALL the team our support. Onwards and upwards!

Gemma lets clear up a couple of facts Coleman came in had bad games then was offered more money by Stourbr*dge and left fans did not give him a hard time he went for the money plain and simple.
Sargent was at fault for both goals at Newcastle he should never of come for the ball Green was tracking back and covering so him coming out also caused the second goal. I blame him for the antics of winding the crowd up and getting the atmosphere going for them! Did a better job of it than the chicken mascot!!
By getting the crowd going it lifted their players and as such got them in the game. 2nd goal he was at fault for set the defenders up on 18 yard line so he should not of been beaten by the free kick was not even a good free kick! The pen was also his fault he came out and took the player even though he was going away from goal and not even going to reach the ball. If he had concentrated on his game instead of entertaining the crowd maybe we would not of lost.
The only thing I will agree with is we should of been out of sight by half time.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 25 Nov 2013, 14:41

I agree with the last post but also Gemma's too.
I've always said that I'm open minded and love this forum for peoples' different and more experienced view on things.
However, I still blame Sargeant and even if my facts are wrong my eyes aren't and he's rubbish - we were beaten by teams that,with respect, we should have won easily against but for Sergeants clowning around.

Loved old git's post that JH is a manager not a magician but if Sargeant starts the next game then it will be the first time for over a year that I'll question JH's decision making.

I totally respect others' views but you can't change my mind - Sargeant out!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 25 Nov 2013, 16:52

Sargeant out ! Private Pearson in or Lietenant Evans !!!???

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Nov 2013, 17:07

I can't comment on the last two away games as I haven't been to them but from the home games I've seen this season technically I think Sergeant is the best goalkeeper. His handling is particularly good I think and he communicates better than Sam and Evo. He looks as though he has been coached better than the other two.
Sam I think is almost as good as Sergeant technically, I just think when he made that mistake against Goole it was a stinker. I think he'll be a great in years to come but I'm not sure at his age he's ready for playing week in, week out.
Evo I know is very fondly thought of, and rightly so by all accounts. That said, I think he's cost us a few goals in consecutive games and the Gaffer obviously felt the need to change things. I think if he gets his shirt back he'll probably keep it. Maybe a few games out will help long term...who knows?
I think the Gaffer has done a great job, and deserves the right to choose who he wants, he's done great so far with bringing in players and the progress has been great. Even if his decision to have three keepers is wrong, I think he's got enough points in credit with his work in the last 12 months
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 25 Nov 2013, 21:24

Absolutely AVFC, great post as always.
I would however point out that although Pearson's blunder against goole did cost us a goal, it didn't the game as Sargeant has.

I just think the gaffer needs to sort out the keepers as we've got quite a few away games coming up and the squad isn't the strongest at the moment with suspensions and injuries; I'm actually quite worried that we'll have a dip in form like we did last year… and look how close it was in the end.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Nov 2013, 14:42

From what I've seen, all be it in a short time following te Yeltz so forgive me if I'm wrong, but Sam was desperately unlucky to be dropped. All three keepers have made costly errors, although Sam's error is the only one I've seen that has only cost a goal and not the points.

If it was me I would invest serious time looking for a top GK coach and persist with Pearson. I'd also try and get a vastly experienced gk to help out and pass on a thing or two - if Evans and / or Seargent move on.

All three are decent enough for this level. I have no qualms with either three. But Pearson is the one I'd like to see as the no.1.

The above is just the opinion I've formed from this season following us! Don't shout! :)

Sccmkcyr
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Sccmkcyr » 26 Nov 2013, 16:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUD1fywi0wk

Not great quality but shows highlights for them mainly doesnt show all our missed chances!

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 26 Nov 2013, 21:32

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I am still harping on about it 4 days later, but if that doesn't prove my theory about Sargeant, then nothing will.

For people who can't be arsed to watch it, 3 fundamental errors:

beaten on his inside post
didn't watch the flight of the ball
went for glory by going to ground at the player's feet.

Absolute shambles, sort it out JH.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Nov 2013, 22:24

I think blaming him on the second goal is harsh. If he comes for the ball he has a fair way to come to get there. He can't really commit himself to do anything until the ball has either hit the forwards head or the forward has missed it. Maybe the back four being 5 yards further up the pitch would give the keeper room to come for the ball but we don't know what the team have been told to do by the coaching staff. That said, the video wasn't that clear and I'm sure you being at the game you could see clearer than me.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ