Bedworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth Updates

Post by swipey » 17 Nov 2013, 04:53

Agree with all the earlier posts.

Good footy, decent referee (for a change) - although near the end when Tonksy raised his hands and the Bedworth player retaliated in the same fashion a lot of players would have walked for that - good turnout and them Balti pies are smashing!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Nov 2013, 11:27

YeltzDoc wrote:
JohnC wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:Well done lads, good win!

. Credit to the gaffer for making the change five minutes before half time. I thought it gave us some momentum to start the second half.
I think you will find Hull had a injury problem which was the reason for the change.
Looks more like a tactical change according to JH on Twitter -

@tipton2929: I got the balance of the team wrong today..but i was still brave enough to change it..4 key players out.plenty to come for @halesowentownfc

I think it is how you read it "brave to change it" does not say with one sub. I think the context applies to the whole game with Kirsten Green midfield, back four Tilt, Hull, Kelly and Asa.
Also Jephcott playing up front with Christie.
Then when Hull went off injured bought a forward on Penny.

I assume he tweeted after the match not during?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 17 Nov 2013, 12:04

hairysaddlebags wrote:Is that just league games? Seem to recall beating Tipton 5-0 in the cup this season with two great goals from Ben.
and, if this season included, Gresley

http://www.ht-fc.com/index.php?option=c ... mid=200136

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Nov 2013, 17:04

JohnC wrote:I think you will find Hull had a injury problem which was the reason for the change.
Why do you think this, John? When Hull came out for the second half he was asked and confirmed that the change was tactical.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 17 Nov 2013, 17:18

MoM - Cutis???? Nah|

Me ;)

I've had earhole all season form the Avery/ Turner/ Russell Faction ( a bit like the Baader Menihoff gang but with Black Country accents!) about poor Yeltz results coinciding with my attendance.

Well, yesterday the gypsys curse was finally laid to rest - thank goodness. Thank Bedworth. :)

Where do I collect my bottle of Baby Cham for my MoM award?

O0

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Nov 2013, 17:52

Am I the only person to think the pen was harsh, looked to me like he took the ball?

Either nice to see a decision go our way.

Great performance, you can only beat who's in front of you and all that.

Nice to smash 5 in without Haseley which must fill the side with confidence.

Imagine, however, what the score could of been had Ben been playing yesterday?

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 17 Nov 2013, 18:13

[quote= "RaidenYeltz"]Am I the only person to think the pen was harsh, looked to me like he took the ball?

Either nice to see a decision go our way.

Great performance, you can only beat who's in front of you and all that.

Nice to smash 5 in without Haseley which must fill the side with confidence.

Imagine, however, what the score could of been had Ben been playing yesterday?[/quote]
you certainly are not. not that I'm saying I did but there was animated gentleman from Bedworth who made no secret of his view and was patrolling up and down Dad's Army style for quite some time afterwards giving the linesman and all those in the vicinity the benefit of his opinion although what he thought this would achieve I have no idea!

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 17 Nov 2013, 18:48

swipey wrote:Agree with all the earlier posts.

Good footy, decent referee (for a change) - although near the end when Tonksy raised his hands and the Bedworth player retaliated in the same fashion a lot of players would have walked for that - good turnout and them Balti pies are smashing!
There are Balti pies at the Grove??? :o 8) O0

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 18 Nov 2013, 09:28

Well played, particularly in the 2nd half and great team spirit. Particularly liked how we were not content with 4 or 5 and kept trying. Better formation after the changes. Still annoyed about the goalkeeper changes but on Saturday most of us could have played in goal and got away with it as the defence was so good. Well entertained for my few quid - thanks

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 18 Nov 2013, 09:35

piearce9 wrote:
JohnC wrote:I think you will find Hull had a injury problem which was the reason for the change.
Why do you think this, John? When Hull came out for the second half he was asked and confirmed that the change was tactical.
Spoke to John Hill yesterday and the change was tactical. Pulled it off big time!