Bedworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth Updates

Post by andy » 16 Nov 2013, 18:19

Most enjoyable. Ok all the goals came against 10 men but there were plenty of players looking to fill Bens shoes. Everybody worked hard and the spirit seems to be really good. I know the emphasis will be put on the goals scored but for me the no goals against was just as pleasing. We have suffered in the not too distant past from silly defensive errors every game, now though the defence looks quality and that is a great platform to build on. We may not be up to Leeks standard yet but it's all looking pretty promising.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 16 Nov 2013, 19:08

Well done lads, good win!

I thought we looked quite unbalanced to begin with to be honest with Joe Hull at Right back. The penalty, sending off and resulting goal settled us a little but we just didn't look right. When the gaffer bought on Penney I thought it broke up the industry of Tonks and Martin in the middle of midfield and gave us Jephcott's better quality on the ball. A better combination I thought against a poor side with 10 men. It also gave us someone upfront who was a little better/willing at running behind their back four. Credit to the gaffer for making the change five minutes before half time. I thought it gave us some momentum to start the second half.
I felt once we got the inevitable second goal we might get 3 or 4 and so it happened, but of course we went one better still. There were plenty of positives in the performance Ithought. Firstly, it was nice to see us thump a side without Ben - destroying the myth we are a one man team. First goals for the club for Green, Tilt and Jephcott, young Grainger getting 15 minutes, a clean sheet and a great crowd.
As for Bedworth, they really did look like Ragbag Rovers. Three changes to the side minutes before kick off, one of their committee members bringing their sub's board during the game, one player sat by the tunnel sorting out shin pads before kick off. I was listening to one of their fans moaning about players playing out of position too. There were a few of them at the game too and felt their pain as they watched them fold without any real fight.
Still, that isn't our concern and we finished them off nicely, well done to all concerned.
Credit to the ref too for giving a red for the penalty, some of the refs we've had this season wouldn't have given the double punishment, this guy did make the right decision.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 16 Nov 2013, 19:11

I can remember many 5-0 wins over the last 20 odd years but this won't stay too long in the memory banks. We were efficient and smashed them once they went down to ten. It reminded me of Folkestone about 15 years ago or even Atherstone when Julian Alsopp ruined their keepers confidence. Maybe I will remember it after all...... ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Nov 2013, 19:27

HalesowenHarry wrote:It reminded me of Folkestone about 15 years ago or even Atherstone when Julian Alsopp ruined their keepers confidence.
Ruined their keepers CONFIDENCE? He ruined his face and most of the bones in his body as well. :D

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 16 Nov 2013, 19:50

Jimmy Haarhoff hat-trick at Cirencester is a memorable 5-0:

02-Feb-91 WEYMOUTH H 1,061 5 0
26-Jan-93 NUNEATON BCSC A 599 5 0
02-Jan-95 V S RUGBY H 772 5 0
12-Oct-96 ATHERSTONE A 434 5 0
23-Sep-97 GRESLEY RVRS H 631 5 0
14-Feb-98 ASHFORD A 433 5 0
16-Nov-02 FOLKESTONE H 476 5 0
04-Sep-04 CIRENCESTER A 284 5 0
18-Sep-04 BORROWASH VIC FAC A 155 5 0
22-Feb-05 REDDITCH WSC A 175 5 0
09/12/2008 STOURPORT WSC H 121 5 0
05/01/2013 ROMULUS H 211 5 0
04/05/2013 LINCOLN UTD H 301 5 0

hairysaddlebags
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hairysaddlebags » 16 Nov 2013, 20:51

Is that just league games? Seem to recall beating Tipton 5-0 in the cup this season with two great goals from Ben.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 16 Nov 2013, 21:07

AVFCYELTZ wrote:Well done lads, good win!

. Credit to the gaffer for making the change five minutes before half time. I thought it gave us some momentum to start the second half.
I think you will find Hull had a injury problem which was the reason for the change.
Once again we beat what as in front of us.
Alleged Ben Steane was not on a sun bed but he and others had traffic issues caused by M42 and A38 shut around junction 1 Bromsgrove.
Agree the ref was correct with the red card but I think we should have done better for the remainder of the first half.

2nd in the league, 2nd in attendance stakes.

WELL DONE to ALL again. ASA did look good at left back.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 16 Nov 2013, 21:17

ASA looked like he had never been away - is it really 10 years since I last saw him play for us?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 16 Nov 2013, 21:29

JohnC wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:Well done lads, good win!

. Credit to the gaffer for making the change five minutes before half time. I thought it gave us some momentum to start the second half.
I think you will find Hull had a injury problem which was the reason for the change.
Looks more like a tactical change according to JH on Twitter -

@tipton2929: I got the balance of the team wrong today..but i was still brave enough to change it..4 key players out.plenty to come for @halesowentownfc

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 16 Nov 2013, 22:11

I wasn't there today (wish I could of been) but it's a fantastic result, the goal difference could be key later on in the season as it was last season, so nice to get a few today.

I mentioned about a week ago about new players really staking a claim to get regular first team starting places and it sounds like not just the new players that have done themselves good today, I am sure there will be 1 or 2 changes every now and again to keep the progression ticking over, it seems as the gaffer is trying to move the club forwards players have the choice, move forward with him or risk standing still which will most likely lead to becoming out of favour and eventually surplus to requirements. 2nd in the league looking good, players who for me have looked like they want to play for the club and the manager, a big crowd today, things are really looking good, can't wait for the season to unfold further, I am so excited ! Lets bring it on! Nothing to fear!

Well done to the players, the gaffer and everyone involved, keep it up ! Absolutely Superb !