Kidsgrove League Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kidsgrove League Cup

Post by Johnny Bud » 12 Nov 2013, 22:06

Lots of positives tonight: Shane Grainger played well in midfield. Aaron was MOTM, some great delivery and I thought Fulloway looked good!

I don't like criticising refs but-Wow- he was appalling tonight! Too old, too unfit and never left the centre circle!

Concentrate on the league now!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 12 Nov 2013, 22:29

Johnny Bud wrote:Lots of positives tonight: Shane Grainger played well in midfield. Aaron was MOTM, some great delivery and I thought Fulloway looked good!

I don't like criticising refs but-Wow- he was appalling tonight! Too old, too unfit and never left the centre circle!

Concentrate on the league now!
I like Turner, but can't ever imagine him making a challenge worthy of a sending off.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 12 Nov 2013, 23:00

The ref spoilt the game, he was shocking, a lot of positives tonight for me, lots of changes, but the competition for the first team line up is getting stronger, will keep the regulars on their toes !

In a way am glad we out this competition, no more distractions, concentrate now on getting our league form good and hopefully challenge for that top spot !

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Nov 2013, 06:55

dazzlingdazza wrote:The ref spoilt the game, he was shocking, a lot of positives tonight for me, lots of changes, but the competition for the first team line up is getting stronger, will keep the regulars on their toes !

In a way am glad we out this competition, no more distractions, concentrate now on getting our league form good and hopefully challenge for that top spot !
We'll win this league.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Nov 2013, 09:00

I've been to some dross, meaningless fixtures before now, but strangely we actually played well. The ref was poor, but we've seen worse this season, and yes, I still believe Turner's tackle was a sending off, borderline, but his feet or at least studs were off the ground and their bloke, no matter that he eventually got up, was in some pain for a few minutes. I don't think it helped that the ref hardly stayed close to play and also he made a lot of other poor decisions. I've seen a couple of the penalty shouts by us given over my time.

Positives were the young number 8 in the first half, although he drifted out of it in the second half. Green was excellent in the right midfield / wing position. Hill did a steady job, as did Fulloway. Griffiths had one of his much better games in terms of delivering the ball onto a Yeltz head. Lets hope we bounce back on Saturday against a Bedworth side who have added some names to their squad but who are bottom and got beat 5-0 in the league cup last night.

Another sore point of recent times. A referee by definition is not a cheat, not too sure why we insist on shouting it at them so often. By all means tell him he's shit. Or requires specs.........

Now that's not to say I didn't call him another C word, but I was merely pointing out I didn't want him again next Tuesday...........

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 13 Nov 2013, 09:26

HalesowenHarry wrote:Another sore point of recent times. A referee by definition is not a cheat, not too sure why we insist on shouting it at them so often. By all means tell him he's shit. Or requires specs.........
I do agree with this point. I don't ever think a ref has purposefully done us out of a result, but their general ineptitude sometimes has.

I did, however, read in Graham Poll's autobiography (dreadful book/bloke) that the one insult that infuriates referees is being called a cheat. So, if you do really want to get on the ref's case, then you're probably better off shouting this than the other C Bomb you refer to :-X

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 13 Nov 2013, 11:27

Last night was the 5th worst away attendance,
http://ht-fc.com/history/all-time-recor ... cords.html

It was a depressing place to go with no fans, most there were Halesowen apart from the 3/4 that stood next to us for the penalty shoot out.

There was no football on TV last night either.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Nov 2013, 13:07

yeltz85 wrote:Last night was the 5th worst away attendance,
http://ht-fc.com/history/all-time-recor ... cords.html

It was a depressing place to go with no fans, most there were Halesowen apart from the 3/4 that stood next to us for the penalty shoot out.

There was no football on TV last night either.
but the Bangla was risen....... ;D