Goole Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Goole Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2013, 09:19

Steve Glass wrote:One of those games when we won without playing well. Not sure why we don't seem to have the confidence to play more on the ground, rather than high balls in a strong wind. Thought we were too narrow at times but when JMG and Griff made space the other midfield struggled to get forward. Still good to be high in the league. No problem with the changes to the team as how else are Pearson etc going to get serious match experience?
As a whole Pearson has done well IMO this year.

At this level GK's will make mistakes, otherwise they'd be playing at a higher level.

Wasn't there against Leek, but didn't Evans gift a goal?

I'd stick with Pearson.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 28 Oct 2013, 09:20

Did anyone have a chat with the Goole fans about their recent "good fortune"?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 28 Oct 2013, 09:45

There didn't seem many of their fans there, I reckon you could have counted them on your fingers and have some to spare. That makes the attendance even more remarkable, only bettered in this league by Kings Lynn last season who probably brought a few.
I did shake the good man's hand but didn't hang around in case MM speak started uttering forth.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2013, 09:48

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:There didn't seem many of their fans there, I reckon you could have counted them on your fingers and have some to spare. That makes the attendance even more remarkable, only bettered in this league by Kings Lynn last season who probably brought a few.
I did shake the good man's hand but didn't hang around in case MM speak started uttering forth.
Didn't seem like 340odd there to me? Seemed a bit sparse for that, unless that's just me lol!

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 28 Oct 2013, 09:52

YeltzDoc wrote:Did anyone have a chat with the Goole fans about their recent "good fortune"?
There was only one bloke came through the Stour turnstile with a Goole scarf on, and he was an exiled fan from Daventry. He didn't have a clue about their new man though, but he had been in the Waggon for a few hours ;D
I spoke to Mr Bloom briefly, and whilst he seemed to be a nice chap we know this can be deceptive, especially as he drove off in his white Bentley B1 OOM with 2 players he had brought up from KENT :o ..... beginning to sound familiar ??? ;)

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 28 Oct 2013, 09:59

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:There didn't seem many of their fans there, I reckon you could have counted them on your fingers and have some to spare. That makes the attendance even more remarkable, only bettered in this league by Kings Lynn last season who probably brought a few.
Didn't seem like 340odd there to me? Seemed a bit sparse for that, unless that's just me lol!
Think we had to double check too. There were at least 10-20 who didnt leave the lounge most the game! Haha. Fair few sponsors too in the Board Room.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 28 Oct 2013, 10:02

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Agreed that the terraces looked a bit sparse for 344, but the new lounge has had a massive impact as there were at least 40--50 in there all match. Also, if you discount the Kings Lynn match last year where they brought a significant number, then the number of paying adults on Saturday was the highest for 4 years in a league match. Can only conclude that there are a significant number coming to watch knowing that they can have a beer whilst they watch.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2013, 10:06

old git wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Agreed that the terraces looked a bit sparse for 344, but the new lounge has had a massive impact as there were at least 40--50 in there all match. Also, if you discount the Kings Lynn match last year where they brought a significant number, then the number of paying adults on Saturday was the highest for 4 years in a league match. Can only conclude that there are a significant number coming to watch knowing that they can have a beer whilst they watch.
The new bar is brilliant.

The fact I can now drink pints of Hobgoblin before, after and during the game is going to be a very cruel mistress to liver, head and wallet.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 28 Oct 2013, 14:02

The fact I can now drink pints of Hobgoblin before, after and during the game is going to be a very cruel mistress to liver, head and wallet.

All for the benefit of the football club though in the long run. :-)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Oct 2013, 14:31

yeltz85 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Think we had to double check too. There were at least 10-20 who didnt leave the lounge most the game! Haha. Fair few sponsors too in the Board Room.
The bar is brilliant, and I think it certainly helped to generate a little more atmosphere. I like a pint as much as most but surely actually watching the game is THE most important thing. I can't see the sense of paying to go in and not watch the game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ