Goole Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Goole Updates

Post by swipey » 26 Oct 2013, 17:46

Top day for me with nipper being mascot (although he decided when the players came out of the dressing room he needed a poo), top of Fantasy Island and then I win the monthly draw!
Watched us from the family stand today and the different viewpoint made me realise that yeltz are definitely not playing at their best. Although Goole's passing wasn't exactly sublime ours was poor too.
Their first goal too was Pearson's fault… he called for it.

Mind you, 3 points is 3 points and the win topped my day off nicely!

Up the Yeltz!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Oct 2013, 18:10

Well we made hard work of that!
Still, a win is a win and that should instill a little more confidence. At 2-0 up and coasting I was thinking it might be another Gresley type scoreline. The error by Sam that gave them their first goal gave them a massive lift I thought and their second goal gave them something to hang onto. Our first two goals were well taken, credit to Tonksy for the speed of thought for the quick throw to Christie which set us on our way nicely. Ben's goal was typical of him and a tidy enough finish after out pacing their defence. Their two central defenders were abysmal I thought and I couldn't believe we'd only got a 2-0 lead.
The second half was cagey at times but the gaffers substitutions certainly changed the game. From my half way line position Guyes' penalty looked a penalty, if for the reason that the jug earred full back was the 'wrong side' of him. Had he have been goalside the referee wouldn't have had a decision to make. The referee gave us nothing all afternoon so if it was dubious it makes a change for us to get a decision in our favour as we've had nothing for weeks now.
The gaffer clearly felt the need to freshen things up by bringing in Sam, Brendan and Az. Out of the three, I think Az was the most impressive and would be unlucky to not keep his place on Tuesday.
All in all, a good afternoon with a much needed 3points. A good crowd and with the James Grove bar next to the shed clearly this is improving the vocal encouragement too!
Bring on the Dingles!!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Oct 2013, 18:39

Well i predicted 2-2 and 2-2 it should have been. About time we had a slice of luck though and the penalty was nicely despatched. Not sure why we took the foot off the gas at 2-0, they were never in it until the error for thier first. Grateful for the win in the end, and hopefully the 'wobble' is now behind us. Hopefully we can get knocked out of the 2 upcoming mickey mouse cups early on and concentrate on getting the top five finish we are more than capable of.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Oct 2013, 18:51

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on Macca's performance today. I thought he was excellent and controlled the midfield when we were looking short on ideas and confidence. I'd have had him as Man of the Match.

Can somebody enlighten me to why Evans didn't start? We really do need him back in the team urgently. Pearson's error looked like it was on the cards, he kept on flying out of his area and under the ball. Had we not won, he'd have been extremely culpable.

Nice to see that Marske got Tom Tonked at Southport, they were 4-0 down in 12 minutes. Nothing against Marske so much, but at least we can feel that our own cup run might not have gone much further had we got through.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 26 Oct 2013, 20:19

piearce9 wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has commented on Macca's performance today. I thought he was excellent and controlled the midfield when we were looking short on ideas and confidence.

My earlier comment on our poor passing was actually aimed at macca. First half his balls went to the opposition and he was playing way out of position, thought he was bloody awful. Told my wife that he was the most experienced top flight player and she didn't believe me.
However I can't comment on macca's performance second half.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Oct 2013, 12:07

swipey wrote:
piearce9 wrote:I'm surprised that nobody has commented on Macca's performance today. I thought he was excellent and controlled the midfield when we were looking short on ideas and confidence.

My earlier comment on our poor passing was actually aimed at macca. First half his balls went to the opposition and he was playing way out of position, thought he was bloody awful. Told my wife that he was the most experienced top flight player and she didn't believe me.
Haha, no problem. Where were you for the second half? Outside the traps waiting for Swipey jr?

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 27 Oct 2013, 12:46

piearce9 wrote:
swipey wrote:

Haha, no problem. Where were you for the second half? Outside the traps waiting for Swipey jr?
Nah, the kids were restless so we had to go :(

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 27 Oct 2013, 21:02

After setting up a comfortable lead we nearly threw it away. But who wants to win matches comfortably every time.

There no.3 was correct to be aggrieved as it was definitely not a penalty.

That said we deserved the three points with the chances we failed to convert we were the better side.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 28 Oct 2013, 09:13

One of those games when we won without playing well. Not sure why we don't seem to have the confidence to play more on the ground, rather than high balls in a strong wind. Thought we were too narrow at times but when JMG and Griff made space the other midfield struggled to get forward. Still good to be high in the league. No problem with the changes to the team as how else are Pearson etc going to get serious match experience?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2013, 09:17

I don't know where the 2 goals conceded came from, Goole didn't look like scoring in the first half hour or so. First goal was a gift, second goal was well worked from their view, great cross from their left hand side.

Overall good victory, with a timely and fortuitous reffing decision. Never a pen, but I think we deserve that kind of luck.