Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leek

Post by YeltzDoc » 22 Oct 2013, 22:00

Goole lost. Sack the board.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 22 Oct 2013, 22:07

...and St Neots lost 5-0 at home tonight.
Let's hope the last couple of games are a blip.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 22 Oct 2013, 22:25

Losing away to top of the table - not the worst result in the world.

Time to buckle up now as the top 8 of the table is starting to take familiar shape (bar Mickleover, but they beat us twice last season anyway) and it's gonna be tight... 'tay even Xmas yet!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Oct 2013, 23:20

Back to the land of internet!!

Not a good night tonight! Roll on Saturday.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 22 Oct 2013, 23:36

Not long got back from the game, while fresh I thought I would post my thoughts, feelings etc.

I was slightly confused by our starting line up, it looked like we were playing 4 5 1, with Ben having a bit of a tough battle against 2 big meaty centre backs, if the plan was to make it tough for them and stifle them in midfield then it did work, we were winning the battle, until they scored !

There 2nd goal it just seemed to sail over Evo's head with everyone looking on.

I must admit I did like the change at half time, Penney on though in my opinion I would have started with him.

I would like to see his sending off again, my 1st thought was he won the ball with a foot on the floor trailing, his studs perhaps were showing, but I think the referee made his intentions clear when he failed to book their number 4 after 5 minutes after a wreckless tackle.

There 3rd was gifted, enough said.

Missed their 4th I think because I was a bit pissed off by then !

Our goal was well set up followed by a beautiful finish from Mackenzie.

Leek were a solid, organised outfit and once they scored it was obvious it was going to be a tough night for us.

Hopefully it's just a temporary hiccup and we can get back to winning ways against Goole Saturday, maybe the result is more important than the performance, a 1-0 win from an own goal would do nicely just to get the confidence back again.

Whatever happens we will bounce back soon.

LTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by LTFC » 23 Oct 2013, 00:06

Leek fan in peace, was at the game and was expecting a close-fought encounter with few chances for either side.

Being honest, I thought Halesowen were all over the place at the back, and couldn't cope with Leek's No.11 on the wing, John Johnston. That's been the case in a lot of our games though tbf.

The sending off was very harsh, as the ref had let one or two go before that, not even giving a Leek player a yellow in the first half for a challenge that could've just even edged into red territory with a different ref.

The surface was slick, and the grass was very long. I'm not sure whether this was intentional, but both teams seemed to have difficulty moving the greasy ball about in the early stages, with the excepting of the right-side of the Leek attack, which dominated.

Haseley was anonymous throughout, but was isolated for me. He didn't look anything like a 40-goal man, but neither would anyone if they were plonked on their own up front with the midfield not putting their foot on the ball.

Other than the calamity defending for Leek's third, I have to say that all of the goals on the night were excellent strikes. I'm certainly making a case for Matt Bell's free-kick lob over the keeper as being intentional - everyone was looking for the whipped-in ball coming into the goal, and not the out-swinger.

Disappointed with the away fan numbers, but not sure how many were sheltering in different parts of the ground. Looked to be only half a dozen behind the goal. But on a rainy Tuesday night in a town with no train station, and Champs League on the telly, I can't blame folk for not making the journey.

All in all, the Yeltz didn't bring anything to the table tonight, and couldn't deal with Leek's pass-and-move slick stuff. Sam Hall sitting in front of the back four for the home side was excellent, as was John Johnston on the right wing.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully you can find your league form again straightaway, and this was just a hangover from a couple of knocks in the cup.