St Neots Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: St Neots Town Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Oct 2013, 19:05

On another day we would have been 2-0 up before they scored from their corner. Sadly today was not our day. I think they controlled the game pretty much but we didn't really punish them when we did have our better spells in the game. The big difference I guess was in the the last third of the pitch at each end of the pitch. They didn't make mistakes, we did, they didn't miss chances, we did.
Still a good effort from our lads I thought and they once again showed great spirit in the second half particularly. Joe Hull I thought was our best player today. Onwards and upwards, and we need to bounce back again on Tuesday against Leek.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Oct 2013, 20:07

Yeltz27 wrote:Certainly didn't deserve to lose 3-1. We had enough chances to win 3-1 but our finishing was poor and when they had their chances they were were clinical.

Tonks was nowhere to be seen 2nd half. I still have a lot of reservations about his ability to last 90 mins as he disappears early into every 2nd half I've seen this season. As he is clearly one of the hard workers in the team (not one of the creators) he really needs to be able to keep the effort up for longer to justify his place in the team. Turner and Martin also need to to improve. I'd be be happier with Gueyes and Lait (when not suspended) as they offer far more IMO.

Thought Christie looked good until he went off so hopefully his injury isn't anything that will keep him out for too long
Is this a joke? Martin has been MOM for a number of games this month. Turner set up a goal and scored Tuesday...this is a joke surely. We have a good side ffs. Sorry this pissed me off.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2013, 20:23

As far as I was aware you weren't there today Raiden. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion whether you think it to be right or wrong

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Oct 2013, 20:33

Yeltz27 wrote:As far as I was aware you weren't there today Raiden. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion whether you think it to be right or wrong
I was talking about the season as a whole. But fair point re opinions.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2013, 20:41

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:As far as I was aware you weren't there today Raiden. Like you, I am entitled to my opinion whether you think it to be right or wrong
I was talking about the season as a whole. But fair point re opinions.
Of course, I just think we would be better with a couple of adjustments. I know I am a new poster on here but I have been going regularly now for many seasons both home and away. Turner this season has been ok in patches but today wasn't one of his better games. I wasn't there on Tuesday so I didn't see his performance. From what I have seen this season I would prefer Gueyes or Griffiths instead but if he was good on Tuesday and can replicate that on a regular basis then of course I am all for him playing

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 20 Oct 2013, 08:15

I thought they were the better side, end of.

Although it sounds cliched, we can now concentrate on the league (how do you guys rate the Birmingham senior cup?) because it's something we all believe in… although it has to be said that it's a sobering thought considering st Neots are at the wrong end of the table in the next division up.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Oct 2013, 09:01

swipey wrote:I thought they were the better side, end of.

Although it sounds cliched, we can now concentrate on the league (how do you guys rate the Birmingham senior cup?) because it's something we all believe in… although it has to be said that it's a sobering thought considering st Neots are at the wrong end of the table in the next division up.
I believe they've recently had about 5/6 new players who seem to have made an immediate impact! It looks like we might see the same by the time we play Goole as well!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 20 Oct 2013, 09:37

Goole's new owner is interviewed on the podcast for this morning's Non-League Show. The interview starts around 16 minutes into the podcast.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/nonleague

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Oct 2013, 12:02

Yeltz27 wrote: Tonks was nowhere to be seen 2nd half. I still have a lot of reservations about his ability to last 90 mins as he disappears early into every 2nd half I've seen this season. As he is clearly one of the hard workers in the team (not one of the creators) he really needs to be able to keep the effort up for longer to justify his place in the team. Turner and Martin also need to to improve.
Both Tonksy and Ginna give their all every game - the two motors that drive us forward! Every engine has its maximum revs and these two couldn't give any more yesterday.
Considering that the weather conditions could be described as a "tropical storm" for the whole of the second half, BOTH sides tried to play through it with maximum effort. It's very easy from a relatively comfortable spot in "The Shed" to think that there isn't a problem to play in those conditions. Wind, rain and a soaking pitch, plus fighting to get something out of the game - it's easy isn't it?
Maybe you should have a chat with Messrs.Tonks and Martin who might put you to the test as to your physical prowess!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Oct 2013, 15:04

lutleyyeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote: Tonks was nowhere to be seen 2nd half. I still have a lot of reservations about his ability to last 90 mins as he disappears early into every 2nd half I've seen this season. As he is clearly one of the hard workers in the team (not one of the creators) he really needs to be able to keep the effort up for longer to justify his place in the team. Turner and Martin also need to to improve.
Both Tonksy and Ginna give their all every game - the two motors that drive us forward! Every engine has its maximum revs and these two couldn't give any more yesterday.
Considering that the weather conditions could be described as a "tropical storm" for the whole of the second half, BOTH sides tried to play through it with maximum effort. It's very easy from a relatively comfortable spot in "The Shed" to think that there isn't a problem to play in those conditions. Wind, rain and a soaking pitch, plus fighting to get something out of the game - it's easy isn't it?
Maybe you should have a chat with Messrs.Tonks and Martin who might put you to the test as to your physical prowess!
I am obviously more than aware that they are far better footballers than me, but as somebody who runs 60/70 miles a week I might well be able to match them from a stamina point of view. When Tonks is energetic in the first half of course he is great, but he needs to keep it up for 90 mins