Marske Sat 12 FA Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Marske Sat 12 FA Cup

Post by dazzlingdazza » 13 Oct 2013, 09:05

The Match

I did think if we weathered the storm the first 20 minutes we would be ok and get at least a replay, so to get a goal finished well by Haseley after a superb through ball made me confident of just that. Lait had a one on one which was well saved by a really good keeper which would of given us a breathing space, but credit to Marske they kept coming at us and they had that chance just before half time which was put over the cross bar when it was probably easier to score.

The key for me was how quick they scored in the 2nd half, after we were solid 1st half, to concede one straight after the break gave them the momentum and the belief that they could score goals against us. Ben obviously scored a super goal to put us back in front, but in a way the travel distance was a physiological disadvantage to us, we just didn't want to lose the game, but they had to win, a draw in a way was no good for them, if they had of been 50 miles from us then maybe they wouldn't have gone for us towards the end.

Another key point was obviously the penalty, i didn't see it at the time, but looking at it, it wasn't pure and simple, and of course then that gives them the momentum. To lose a goal so late was cruel but you have to take these things, move on and use it as a test of your characters to hit back quickly in the next match Tuesday.

Atmosphere

A Marske fan came on here and said great atmosphere, he was right but from our lot ! Didn't hear at any time up until they hot their second goal any encouragement from the home support, even after the 2nd it was only from around 10 youths who seemed more intent on winding us up ! (Reminded me a little of Hednesford away a few years ago) big credit to our fans we sang our hearts out, if we hadn't of made the atmosphere there wouldn't have been any !

Their Fans

The vast majority of their fans were friendly, talkative and liked sharing their stories, asking questions about our team and were what non league football is all about, so to those thanks for making us welcome and enjoy your cup run ! To those idiots that were by us second half you really should learn how to attend a non league match have some manners and concentrate on supporting your team rather than try and rile us ! The ones that run on the pitch were a disgrace, if it's true Lait got sent off because of fans on the pitch then I'm sorry the but if the fans weren't on the pitch then the alleged offence cannot be committed. After the match I was in the bar when this lout who had been riling us up all 2nd half carried on, I didn't want any trouble but at the same time I will not back down so ended up having words and almost more before I thought is this worth it as they are just idiots!

I don't want anyone to think I am bitter as we lost but as much as I enjoyed the day it was tarnished a little at the end, ending on a good note well done lads you did us proud, a tough place to go, on another we would have gained at least a draw, which is what I thought we deserved, then back to our place in what I would have thought a victory. Good luck to them. But that I think will help us for the rest of the season in knowing how cruel it can be to put so much effort in and have it taken away at the end. Up the Yeltz !

shaunL
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by shaunL » 13 Oct 2013, 12:43

Unlucky really we played well .I enjoyed the day out (apart from the end ) but when a ref makes so many poor decisions you know its not going to be your day!
uptheyeltz

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 Oct 2013, 15:19

Firstly; fair play to Marske, I wish them well and hope they progress further. I know how much the money the cup brings and I know how much that'll mean to the mostly decent folk of Marske who made us feel welcome. (Sadly you get the odd tosser who brings a bad name to a largely decent set of people; Some tit in a chavy light blue jacket trying to cause trouble).

I think, begrudgingly, they deserved the win overall - just. In saying that I don't think we deserved to lose either, if that statement makes sense?! Two sets of inform teams going for it. Was a great game to watch. It's how football should be played out. Credit to both teams.

I thought we did enough to at least earn a draw and bring them back to the Grove. I also thought Lait was our best player yesterday, unlucky to go off (injury). Other notable performances IMO were Martin and Meachem, as well as Ben for getting his usual goals - the second of which was a great goal, which I only just managed to catch due to queuing for the toilet after a half time pint - one of many, which I'm feeling the effects of this morning. In fact I feel asleep on the coach back and woke up with a headache when we arrived at the Grove :(

I went up Friday night and loved the whole experience. The players and staff made us feel welcome, the fans at Marske (majority) seemed friendly and welcome. A couple I spoke to were Boro fans but like me, getting fed up of top flight professional football.

All in all I had a brilliant time and now having had chance to view 'that' pen, I feel robbed. 400 odd miles, £100 give or take for the travel, hotel, drinks etc, all threw down the drain because of a ridiculous reffing decision. I could take it had we been outplayed, but I now feel a sense of injustice.

I must admit at the time I didn't think it was such a bad decision, although I didn't have the best of views being at the other end of the pitch, but seeing it this morning it's such a bad call. Their no.10 slipped and dragged Meachem down with him. Never a pen, if anything it's a foul on Meachem. Even if you can argue it was a pen, then why wasn't Meachem sent off for denying a clear scoring chance? All round shocking decision. The ref was poor all game. Booking Tonks for time wasting...the lad had just took a throw in on the right hand side, then ran across the pitch to take a throw in on the left side. Common sense?!

Two decent sides, going for a win, I travelled a lot and paid a lot of money overall, why was I robbed the chance to see the tie settled fair? I feel quite angry now! Like I say two good teams, two in form sides, gutted it wasn't settled the way it should have been. I hope someone at the club makes a complaint to the FA against yesterdays ref.

Finally, I hope the players don't feel they let us down or anything along those lines, far from it. They did us proud. As long as they work hard and give 100% that's all I'll ask. Bring on Tuesday, I'll be there, hopefully get a win get back on a run and consolidate our play off place. Looking at the fixtures, we've got Leek soon. Will be a big game, even if they're 1,000,000 points ahead we've got games in hand, win games in hand and beat Leek we're right up there - easier said than done,I know.