Tipton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tipton Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Sep 2013, 16:44

MOTM: Sponsored by Yeltz Bar FC. Matt Martin.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Sep 2013, 16:46

89 mins: Ben misses a sitter!!! :-)

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Sep 2013, 16:46

5.0 Ben Hat trick!!

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Sep 2013, 16:49

Full Time: Halesowen 5 - Tipton 0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Sep 2013, 17:13

Great performance - the fourth goal scored by Ben, is possibly the best I've seen at The Grove?

Sorry Selfie, it puts Eldon Maquemba's down the list! :o

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Sep 2013, 18:01

A very solid performance I thought, it could easily have gone pear shaped if the attitude had been wrong, fortunately it was a typically spirited performance and we never looked like losing. My thoughts...

Sam Pearson - not much to do again, but showed good concentration levels and handled well when required. If I have got a slight criticism of him I'd like to see him be a little more vocal.
Kristian Green - Played at centre back for most of the game and looked as solid, dependable and strong as ever.
Adam Meacham - Apart from one error in the first half he was his usual 7/10 performance. Dealt well with their nippy wide player and was a threat in opposition box from set pieces.
Neil MacKenzie - Scored the crucial goal in the game, some of his trademark side foot volley passes were great service to our front two.
Chris Lait - I thought Laity's industry was superb today as was some of his runs and passes. Unlucky not to have scored from a superb volley when their keeper made an outstanding save.
Brendan Kelly - Struggled a couple of times against their mobile, quick striker but stuck to the task well and won his battle comfortably over 90 minutes.
Matt Martin - In a game that bypassed the midfield so much I though Jinna battled away well again. I was a little surprised by his MOTM nomination as he's played better recently with little or no recognition.
Tom Tonks - He more than anyone epitomises what this team is about. Did well at right back and his throws caused havoc again. A silly booking though, if he'd walked away he'd have got away with it.
Isedyn Christie - He creates so much room for Ben and is happy to have a battle with the CB. His best game for the club I thought today and deserved a goal for his efforts.
Ben Haseley - A hattrick but could have had 5. The fourth goal (his second) was absolutely sublime, he is benefitting massively from playing with a big man.
Elliot Turner - Worked tirelessly up and down the left side and caused problems whenever he had the ball.

Subs:
Joe Hull - Felt sorry for him, getting injured on your return to the team was unlucky.
Jean Michelle Guyes - Nice to see him back on the pitch, did well in the time on the pitch.
Nigel Penney - Unlucky not have scored and was very unselfish in setting Ben up for his third goal.

Overall;

A good weekend, comfortable win, no injuries (long term) and a fabulous crowd. The unbeaten run continues. We should fear nobody in the next round if we get a home draw!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Sep 2013, 18:08

Yeltz Bar FC picked the MOTM:

Matt Martin ran his b******* off like he does every game!

He deserved it, and we all agreed!!

Up the yeltz!!!!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Sep 2013, 18:32

Johnny Bud wrote:Yeltz Bar FC picked the MOTM:

Matt Martin ran his b******* off like he does every game!

He deserved it, and we all agreed!!

Up the yeltz!!!!!
Everyone played well, but i must ask was the MOTM decided before or after Bens 2nd? Surely before. For that strike and last weeks (better?) goal alone, i would give him Man Of The Season NOW. ;D

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 28 Sep 2013, 18:33

How good were the mighty yeltz today? It's great to see them play so well in front of a decent crowd- let's hope that the 100 or so that didn't turn up last week come back for more.

Massive credit to the lads. It could have been a really difficult game but we bossed it from every position from start to finish. 5-0 did us justice and I can't wait for the draw- fingers crossed for another winnable home match.

My special mention would be for Laity who had a stormer. Exactly what you want from a midfielder- driving runs, creativity, and not afraid to get a shot away.

Felt like an old school game at the Grove. The Yeltz Bar and the Waggon were both packed today. Hope the players know what a great job they've done for the club and the town.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Sep 2013, 18:33

PLAYER of the season even....... ::)