Brigg Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Brigg Updates

Post by andy » 21 Sep 2013, 17:22

And another good performance. If we keep Ben fit we will seriously be challenging this year. His first goal will be the best strike we will see this season (outside the box, top corner for those of you not there), and the second after he had run down the back pass summed up the torrid time he gave the defence all afternoon. They were still in it at 1-0 but in the end it was comfortable. Well done lads!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 21 Sep 2013, 18:59

My thoughts;

Sam Pearson - Had little to do really other than make a fine save in the first half from along distance shot. Looked very assured, showed good concentration and did all that was asked of him.
Kristian Green - Another very solid performance, from Kristian. He didn't get forward as much as expected but still a solid game.
Adam Meacham - Meach is always a 7/10 performer week in, week out. Today was no exception.
Neil McKenzie - Probably his most ineffective performance in a Yeltz shirt, clearly carrying an injury. Credit to him for battling on.
Curtis Tilt - This lad is quality, assured on the ball, reads the game well and very, very solid. Shame he can't play next week
Brendan Kelly - Another spirited performance by the skipper, led by example
Matt Martin - Did lots of 'unseen' work and covered a lot of the ground in the middle today for Macca
Tom Tonks - Ben will get the headlines due to his brace but Tonksy epitomises everything about this side. Great work rate, happy to be the 'water carrier' of the side but I feel this is unfair on Tom who gives quality on the end of his efforts. Unlucky not to have scored today, as his performances this season deserve some acknowledgement.
Isedyn Christie - Struggled a bit today I thought, and at times I thought him and Ben were too far apart. That said, he occupied their back four enoght to give Ben some room.
Ben Haseley - I think he's played better this season and got nothing. Ben's effort this week were rewarded, and his second goal showed what a great awareness Ben has of what is happening.
Elliot Turner - A classy finish early in the game for Elliot, he drifted in and out of the game, but that was more to do with our reluctance to get the ball to him enough.
Subs:
Chris Lait. - Kept the tempo well when coming on, he can be pleased with his effort
Dan Parker - Didn't really have long enough on the pitch to comment
Nigel Penney - As above...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 21 Sep 2013, 20:20

A good summary from AVFCyeltz. The game did seem to drift along for a while after the
opening goal though there could have been more goals in the last 20 mins.
On this showing, Brigg aren't one of the stronger teams in the league and at times, it just needed
a little bit more craft to go with the graft. However it was a comprehensive win and another clean sheet
in the league.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 21 Sep 2013, 21:39

Don't be too fooled by our position just yet, we desperately need at least another midfielder, no way will that midfield get us through the whole season. It went missing far too many times in the first half. Still 7 wins from 9 games isn't too shabby and the Sutton game should have garnered at least a point

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Sep 2013, 01:10

HalesowenHarry wrote:Don't be too fooled by our position just yet, we desperately need at least another midfielder, no way will that midfield get us through the whole season. It went missing far too many times in the first half. Still 7 wins from 9 games isn't too shabby and the Sutton game should have garnered at least a point
Whilst I agree with you to a point, if we had a fit JMG, Tonksy/Mackenzie and Martin we would have as strong a midfield in the league as any.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 22 Sep 2013, 10:02

HalesowenHarry wrote:Don't be too fooled by our position just yet, we desperately need at least another midfielder, no way will that midfield get us through the whole season. It went missing far too many times in the first half. Still 7 wins from 9 games isn't too shabby and the Sutton game should have garnered at least a point
Whilst I agree the midfield was missing I think we may have missed the point that they went missing before and during the game .......to the treatment room.
At present the gaffer is doing a great job at fitting square pegs into round holes. If we can get a couple of key players fit then I have yet to see a better midfield in this league.

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 22 Sep 2013, 10:36

I totally agree with all the comments and thank you again to AVFC for the player analysis. I found moments of the first half incredibly frustrating and all that kept chanting through my head was "keep it on the deck".
Their left back number 3 was awful and fat and IMO wasn't punished enough for being crap - if Turner would have switched wings like he did last week than he would have terrorised him.
This side is not playing its best football and we've been lucky lately as we can't get out of 2nd gear mode asBrigg were poor. JH will be telling the team, "must do better".

Saying that, Ben's first goal is the best I've ever seen down The Grove, end of.

I was seduced into selling golden goal tickets and met a couple of people from this forum, nice to see you.
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 22 Sep 2013, 11:17

Another win to make it 6 in a row in all competitions. Although at times we made heavy weather of it after coming out of the blocks like a train in the first 15. At the moment, the fact we are getting the results is the main thing as we've got some momentum and its very clear that the Ben factor is influencing the way teams play when they come to the Grove. Every side so far has tried to make it hard for us to break them down. Stu, the same thing was in my mind in the first half as I felt it was a little too direct.

Ben's goal was a great piece of opportunism and was worth paying on its own to see, bringing Christie in has made a big difference to him as they are spreading the load well. All in all, we're doing well and special mention to Tom Tonks, the graft he puts in every game is great to see, he deserves a goal and nearly had one yesterday.

So on to Kidsgrove and Tipton, keep it going lads!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Sep 2013, 11:32

Good result yesterday but I'd still have a few concerns that there is only so far we can go playing the way we are. Whilst he had a good game yesterday, I haven't been as impressed with Tom Tonks as many on here have. He seems to run out of steam after about 60 minutes and for somebody who is evidently the engine room of the team I feel this is something that needs improving.

And would anybody else play Lait instead of Matt Martin? For some reason Lait seems to get the rough end of the stick but certainly against Bedworth when he came on the game changed. He is easily the most creative player we have and in the early games for me he was the best player by quite a distance. I'd also like to see Aaron Griffiths on the left wing even though he was injured yesterday.

At least it shows we have got options when required. Hopefully the good run continues

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 22 Sep 2013, 19:20

I would like to see Lait play, but since Martin came in for the Chasetown match we have won every game