Romulus Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Romulus Updates

Post by old git » 11 Sep 2013, 18:56

andy wrote:Very satisfying performance. Every player worked their socks off and MADE Romulus look average. As for the comments about Ben not been as sharp because he missed a couple, I thought his all round play was as good as I have seen. The link up play between the 2 lads up front looks very promising. Very pleased,well done lads.
Excellent observation Andy.
We have all become too accustomed over recent years to believe that when we win the opposition must be crap, but I agree 100% that on several recent occasions we have not LET the opposition play.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 12 Sep 2013, 13:39

We were so in control i for one was not nervous in the last 10 minutes, for once.

I wonder if the ref had forgotten his cards then as no bookings. There was at least one bookable offence raising hands of their no 7 and pushing when the ball was dead.

I think most teams worry about Ben and concentrate more than ever on closing him down but again he showed he was up to the job. There were quite a few games last season he did not score but his all round play and effort ensured others did, that's one of the things we like about him. Not concerned.

"There's a bright golden haize on the meadow".

Yes well done to John Hill and ALL of the management team as well as the players.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Sep 2013, 17:37