Bedworth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Bedworth Updates

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Sep 2013, 16:53

Full time Bedworth United 0 Halesowen Town 1, just about deserved.......

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 07 Sep 2013, 16:54

yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 07 Sep 2013, 16:54

Full time: Bedworth 0 - The Yeltz 1

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 07 Sep 2013, 17:36

puts us joint 5th. Did it look like we wre starting to 'click'?
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 07 Sep 2013, 18:10

On the coach coming back now...they never looked like scoring, and although the game was scrappy we, Inthought on balance did enough to deserve the win - especially with so many injuries.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 07 Sep 2013, 18:52

A lacklustre game but a good result. Plus points were a good debut from Tilt and a good performance from Lait who added some much needed creativity to the midfield in the second half.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 07 Sep 2013, 19:40

swipey wrote:puts us joint 5th. Did it look like we wre starting to 'click'?
Unfortunately not, swipey. I think that's actually the problem- the players all look capable and we're getting the results but the performances are not particularly fluid. Not that I'm complaining, it's early doors in the season and we are three wins on the bounce. Really hope we can get two more victories next week in the Grove games.

Just wanted to give Tom Tonks a quick mention, he's been superb so far this season and is the stand out midfielder for me. Griffiths also put in a very solid shift out of position at left back. Someone needs to put Paul Evans in an oxygen tent for the next few days too- not sure what the injury was but he's vitally important to the team and I'd be nervous with anyone else in goal for the cup game. :-[

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 07 Sep 2013, 19:41

Defence was solid, good away performance I thought, don't give them anything and with the quality of our midfield and forwards we will always get a chance and that's what happened, well done lads 3 points which puts us in the thick of it though there is a long way to go. Well done lads !

Added bonus I won £45 on the golden goal so thanks Ben for sticking the ball in the net at the right moment !

Excited see you all Tuesday.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 07 Sep 2013, 20:34

Considering we had players out of position again it was a good result.

We need to stop the hoofing long ball ALL the time (occasional punt yes) only when we started to pass and run did we cause their defence any real trouble.

Well done to the sub goal keeper Chris as he had to pull off a strong save tipping it over the crossbar I think it was his first touch.

Cracking timing from Ben to score so a yeltz fan wins the golden goal. I think you owe him a pint Daz,
Mr Burford no hat on Tuesday night please. We scored when he took it off.

Nice to hear Colin Brookes amongst others on radio WM on the way back as non league day.

He said "we just shaded it" .

It will be tough Tuesday night Romulus top of the league have not lost this season a record we should break hopefully.

See you Tuesday at the Grove that other game on Tele is not as important and you can always watch the high lights later. Come on and get behind the yeltz.

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 08 Sep 2013, 09:06

Totally agree John from what I remember from last season Romulus were pretty well organised in defence and have managed to keep that up - long ball stuff is not going to work, we need a passing game, and more width!