BCR Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: BCR Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 01 Sep 2013, 16:00

Excellent result! They were very much in form!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 01 Sep 2013, 17:49

AVFCYELTZ wrote:Excellent result! They were very much in form!
They were very much a bunch of cloggers!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 01 Sep 2013, 18:16

Brilliant result well done lads !

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 01 Sep 2013, 18:23

Poor refereeing meant they got away with more than they should have. Second half wasn't pretty but we won and after dominating Dudley Town last year with number of chances and Rocester the year before I'll happily take this 2-1 .

Attendance of 165? Have they got one of Bromsgrove's old turnstiles? ???

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 01 Sep 2013, 19:07

165???!!! Really??!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Sep 2013, 19:24

Yep i'll take 2-1 as well. Due to just returning from hols this is the first match i've seen and to be frank it wasn't great fare. We played for about 20 minutes in the first half and that proved to be enough. Just. Ben certainly needs more help up front and our midfield doesn't look a patch on last years. Thought the somewhat makeshift defence looked good though and Evo looked reassuring without being called on that much. The less said about their tactics the better and the ref, oh dear. Wins a win though.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 01 Sep 2013, 20:59

andy wrote:the ref, oh dear. .
Now you will give Steve Glass a reason to respond.

It was poor when JMG was injured by a clatter which if the ref did not see could have heard. Then JMG replacement is clattered into by a different player.
Second half one BCR player takes out one of our players and also the linesman. We were lucky that poor refing (and the ability of our players to jump out of the way) did not result in more injuries to our squad.

The better team won. Crowd 165 or 200 (off site) was more like 250 -275. Not counting the few watching from their gardens.

Well done to all the Yeltz. All gave 110%.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Sep 2013, 21:04

It's not a day for picking apart the performance, instead I think you've got to give the lads for overcoming what was a hugely tricky fixture and for getting us through to the next round. After seeing us drop out in similar circumstances in the last two seasons, I'm just happy that we navigated our way through with a win (and a very welcome 10 points on Fantasy Island- about time!).

I have to say that I'm once again baffled by people's criticism of the referee. This happened quite a few times last year and it's part of the reason I've become a bit more active on here to push back on this. Sure, sometimes we do get a shocking referee, but what did the guy do wrong today?! I actually think our lads used their experience on many occasions to buy the fouls off our opponents, and overall we probably got more than our opponents in this respect.

Lastly, I think there's been a bit of creative accounting on the attendance of 165. I predicted 170 and I remember thinking that I was well below the mark (perhaps by about 100?). I'd have thought we might want to challenge that as presumably we're taking half the gate money.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 01 Sep 2013, 21:23

Well my 200 was an estimate on the website. Will have to change it now...

I asked the gateman at half time what the attendance was and it was just below 200!

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 01 Sep 2013, 21:25

piearce9 wrote:It's not a day for picking apart the performance, instead I think you've got to give the lads for overcoming what was a hugely tricky fixture and for getting us through to the next round. After seeing us drop out in similar circumstances in the last two seasons, I'm just happy that we navigated our way through with a win (and a very welcome 10 points on Fantasy Island- about time!).

I have to say that I'm once again baffled by people's criticism of the referee. This happened quite a few times last year and it's part of the reason I've become a bit more active on here to push back on this. Sure, sometimes we do get a shocking referee, but what did the guy do wrong today?! I actually think our lads used their experience on many occasions to buy the fouls off our opponents, and overall we probably got more than our opponents in this respect.

Lastly, I think there's been a bit of creative accounting on the attendance of 165. I predicted 170 and I remember thinking that I was well below the mark (perhaps by about 100?). I'd have thought we might want to challenge that as presumably we're taking half the gate money.
I'm with quite a few others on here - refs have a difficult job to do, but to miss the foul (others may call it assault) om Michel was a shocker. Again, persistant shirt tugging and niggly tackles by the number 2 should have been punished. I wont normally comment on their performances but if the chap today doesn't get a wake up call then players will end up with broken legs!