Re: Carlton Updates

Post by Capinjazz » 24 Aug 2013, 17:04

Very poor and deflating!!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 24 Aug 2013, 17:59

What has gone wrong?
Why are we constantly resorting to the big boot over the top? We played some decent football pre-season, and against Lincoln apparently.
Ben seems to be a yard or two of the pace and JMG just isn't causing enough damage to defences.
As for the back four, now that we have lost Parker and Winsper we are in a bit of a mess in my opinion.
On the plus side, very small I may add, Brady and Martin showed a lot of endeavour when they came on. MOM Kristian Green and Tait were the only two who had a good game for the whole 90 minutes.

John Hill has a lot of head scratching to do to find a solution to what is a drastic drop in performance from what we had seen in the build-up to the season proper.
Fingers crossed that this is just a blip and we can find the form that we had a few games ago.
Last edited by lutleyyeltz on 24 Aug 2013, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.

bobbydazler1981
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by bobbydazler1981 » 24 Aug 2013, 18:54

I agree with the above post from lutleyyeltz, it was a very disappointing performance and we most definitely need to improve and fast.

In my opinion we desperately need Parker back at the centre of defence, Haseley is well of the pace and Im still unsute whether Brady can get the goals required for a striker. I'm unsure why we bought Penney into the squad and dropped Griffiths on to the bench for the start of the game when the squad that started against Sutton in midweek I thought played very well.

I honestly thought after 3 games we should be on at least 7pts by now but I fear that a bad result against Chasetown on Monday could be another blow to the squads morale.

Not sure of many positives from the game today other than the attendance being one of the highest in the league but things most certainly need to improve performance wise.

I have a lot of faith in John Hill and what he achieved last season for Halesowen was great, a good cup run is required, get back to playing some decent football and things will start looking up again hopefully!! :)

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 24 Aug 2013, 20:36

I don't think it's anywhere near time to hit the panic button yet...

Ok, we've lost twice in a week to two decent sides, of which Sutton had one real chance and took it, Carlton had 2 today and both were from 12 yards. Ben is getting a rough time up front but after last season it's inevitable that teams are going to try and mark him out. The goals will come but we just need a bit more luck at the moment.

However, as already mentioned, its a little too direct and as shown in the wind today we should play it on the deck more, we have a side who can do it well and it would allow McKenzie and Tonks to control things more, there have been spells in both games where things were passing them by.

Thought that we did ok today under difficult circumstances. We have not turned into a bad team overnight and we just need to be a bit patient.

So on to another tough one on Monday. I'd take a point now to just steady things. Finally, best wishes to Gavin, I hope that the injury is not as bad as it looked and that you're up and about soon.

winsper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by winsper » 24 Aug 2013, 21:06

Just like to say thanks to everyone there today i'm ok i'll keep you informed but at the minute it looks like ligament damage

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 24 Aug 2013, 21:27

Here's to a speedy return #uptheyeltz

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 24 Aug 2013, 21:37

A lacklustre performance all round. There was a general lack of pace and creativity. Not sure Carlton will be up at the top for long though they looked organised and energetic and deserved to win. Hope that win last week doesn't turn out to be misleading.